HF's top 20 NCAA drafted prospects

• Thread starter Vic Rattlehead*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

PuckFan01 said:
Has this guy ever heard of the names Dan Irmen and Ryan Potulny? :dunno:

Those two guys are better players and better prospects than at least half the players on that list.

Care to elaborate?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Jessiman is a total question mark at this point. It's his potential that got him on this list but if I were doing a list he'd probably fall down based on his dissapointing play last year and missing this season.

I've never liked Nystrom's play and I still don't. He has no offense and the defense and leadership he provides can be matched by dozens of prospects picked much lower than he was. Get him off the list.

I think Zajac is too low. The times I've seen him this year he's shown great raw tools. He should be very good soon.

Stempniak is a dissapointment this year. He shouldn't be there over some guys that have been left off.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Oh no, Zajac behind Chucko? Alot of whining is going to come from this.

Nice to see whoever wrote this value more then just offence in doing the rankings.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
BuppY said:
No Robbie Earl!! :eek:

I've seen Robbie Earl play quite a few times both this season and last. My fear is that he may have all of the tools to become the world's greatest drop-in hockey player, yet never make a significant impact in professional hockey.

Robbie is not a good player without the puck. Robbie can't take a hit. At the NCAA level, he's elusive enough to be able to squeeze by hits along the boards, and his stickhandling ability allows him to beat inferior defenders in open ice. At the NHL level, superior defenders are going to turn him into a smudge mark on the boards.

Olorin

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
cagney said:
Jessiman is a total question mark at this point. It's his potential that got him on this list but if I were doing a list he'd probably fall down based on his dissapointing play last year and missing this season.

I've never liked Nystrom's play and I still don't. He has no offense and the defense and leadership he provides can be matched by dozens of prospects picked much lower than he was. Get him off the list.

I think Zajac is too low. The times I've seen him this year he's shown great raw tools. He should be very good soon.

Stempniak is a dissapointment this year. He shouldn't be there over some guys that have been left off.

Basically agree on all points. I also found Welch to be too low. Slater and Nystrom are the only other seniors ahead of him and, for me at least, it's clear who I'd want on my team.

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
yeah i though it to be slightly strange jessiman is so high...most people hate him anyways :shakehead

but i guess he could be considered that high based on potential...eh

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
MrMastodonFarm said:
Oh no, Zajac behind Chucko? Alot of whining is going to come from this.

Nice to see whoever wrote this value more then just offence in doing the rankings.
Good to see you know **** all about Zajacs game.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
This list is so bad and yes because Zajac is so low. Ask and Sioux fan and they will tell you Zajac has been a much better player then Stafford this year, Stafford has a year in the NCAA ahead of Zajac also. How can Chucko....who was drafted after Zajac, put up worse stats then Zajac, is worse defensivly then Zajac can be rated that far ahead of Zajac.

Correction: In the article it said Stafford was 2nd in Sioux scoring, he is third also behind Zajac.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I agree..Irmen might not be a jaw-dropping goal scorer but he's gritty and has the skills to translate over to the AHL and maybe the NHL. Polutny is also leading the Gophers in scoring...Two names on such an awesome team this year.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
This list is so bad and yes because Zajac is so low. Ask and Sioux fan and they will tell you Zajac has been a much better player then Stafford this year, Stafford has a year in the NCAA ahead of Zajac also. How can Chucko....who was drafted after Zajac, put up worse stats then Zajac, is worse defensivly then Zajac can be rated that far ahead of Zajac.

Correction: In the article it said Stafford was 2nd in Sioux scoring, he is third also behind Zajac.

Just a guess as to why Chucko is ahead. It may be because Chucko is a year younger and they believe he has a higher upside. Just a guess so dont get your shorts in a knot.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Big Deaner said:
Just a guess as to why Chucko is ahead. It may be because Chucko is a year younger and they believe he has a higher upside. Just a guess so dont get your shorts in a knot.
That is the only thing I can see, still doesn't explain him being 11th when it is clear he is a better prospect then Jessiman, Howard, Greene and Nystrom. Thats not counting playing as well as Stafford and better then Chucko. You could even make a case over Montoya.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Dark Metamorphosis said:
two penguin defensemen on the list :yo:

I think Pitt has done an impressive job with their NCAA prospects. Welch is a solid defensemen and Matt Moulson is Cornell's offense, as they are 14-0-1 I believe when he gets a point. I hope he stays one more year. Nick Johnson is having a heck of a freshman year, nice pick for sure. Brain Ihnacak is also a solid late round pick while I'm not overly impressed with David Brown goalies are hard to gauge but there's Bobby Goepfert who looks solid in nets imo.

As for the others I think some of you are being way to harsh towards the writer, as people will have different opinions and just cause you don't agree doesn't mean your right. Relax. Discuss the prospects but refrane from comments towards the writer, stick to hockey please.

Vic Rattlehead*

What do people think about the two Bruins defenders ont he list?

Vic Rattlehead*

Jason MacIsaac said:
That is the only thing I can see, still doesn't explain him being 11th when it is clear he is a better prospect then Jessiman, Howard, Greene and Nystrom. Thats not counting playing as well as Stafford and better then Chucko. You could even make a case over Montoya.
Hey, why not just put Zajac at #1? That would solve your problem.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
montreal said:
I think Pitt has done an impressive job with their NCAA prospects. Welch is a solid defensemen and Matt Moulson is Cornell's offense, as they are 14-0-1 I believe when he gets a point. I hope he stays one more year. Nick Johnson is having a heck of a freshman year, nice pick for sure. Brain Ihnacak is also a solid late round pick while I'm not overly impressed with David Brown goalies are hard to gauge but there's Bobby Goepfert who looks solid in nets imo.

As for the others I think some of you are being way to harsh towards the writer, as people will have different opinions and just cause you don't agree doesn't mean your right. Relax. Discuss the prospects but refrane from comments towards the writer, stick to hockey please.
There was not one thing in the article wrtien bad about Zajac or why he is behind those others. Thats because there isn't any flaws to his game. Hoe can a player with so few weakenesses and so high potential be ranked that low? You tell me.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jason MacIsaac said:

I don't think it's clear at all that Zajac is a better prospect than the players you mentioned.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
19bruins19 said:
Hey, why not just put Zajac at #1? That would solve your problem.
He doesn't deserve to be #1 but he surely doesn't deserve to be outside the top ten behind players "I KNOW" he is better then. Don't bring potential into the equation, a 6`3 200 pound center who can fly and read the ice, the sky is the limit for Zajac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->