HF's top-10 horror films of all time: #2

Select up to 2 films

• House of Wax (De Toth, 1953)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Siegel, 1956)

• Silence of the Lambs (Demme, 1991)

• Scream (Craven, 1996)

• Let the Right One In (Alfredson, 2008)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Didn't see this coming, but Alien got voted in as the best horror film of all time. And no whining, sci-fi horror is still horror.

10b430d4e59b44deb26a2e384b5c27b0.png

HF's best horror films of all-time
1) Alien (Scott, 1979)
2)

Let's vote for #2!

Halloween, next in line for the 70s, enters the poll.

Reactions: Elvis P

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Honestly. It would be equivalent to a horror movie buff message board having a poll for greatest hockey player of all time, and then voting Ron Francis as #1

Alien got voted as the top horror film of all time here. Lmao.

And in this scenario, I guess you'd be the guy coming in saying "Impossible! Ron Francis was a figure skater!".

In their "best horror films of all-time" lists, Indiewire and Rotten Tomatoes have Alien at #9, the Film School Rejects at #7, NME at #5, and Cinema Blend and Time Out at #4. I mean, I absolutely don't agree with the vote here, but it's still a lot closer to "Mario Lemieux is the best hockey player of all time" than it is to "Ron Francis".

Also, it just happens than this hockey fans message board has impressive numbers of knowledgeable people regarding arts and films. Also some condescending hockey fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elvis P

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Ironically, I don't really have a problem with Alien being a horror film.

Aliens on the other hand, isn't. ;)

I agree with this 100% and I don't know if it's because of my hatred towards James Cameron's style, or the action-packed narrative which makes it kind of closer to Predator than to anything horror.

Reactions: Elvis P and NyQuil

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Heh, I actually like Aliens quite a bit.

Well, it's a fun ride once, but not something I'd watch repeatedly. Forgot in my previous post that I wanted to add that Insider has Aliens at #1 in their 50 best scary movies of all time list! :dunce:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I read the book before I saw the movie. Scared me pretty good, the book that is. The movie was also good, but I don't know if it's #1. The original Frankenstein, which I first saw at the age of 5 or 6, really left a mark as I still watch it on occasion and love it every time.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
If you guys continue piling on Aliens, I'll have to change my vote to it just to spite you ;).

Wait. How is it that The Exorcist came in 2nd to Alien in the first poll, but is in 5th and trailing the leader by 5 votes in this poll?

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Really? Aliens and King Kong are on this list?

One's an action adventure movie with Aliens, the other is the original Kaiju movie.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Boo this maaaaaaan!

I remember watching Event Horizon in a common room at my university dorm with another dude at like 2 AM.

At around 4 AM, when the movie was over, we looked at each other and said, “Hey, how about a Bond movie?”

LOL, not interested in going right to bed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad