HF's Team Board Mock Draft

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Hey everybody. There's always variations of these every year on this site. The idea is to try to reach a consensus for who each team might pick would the fans of that team be in control.

This does not take into account any previous polls before it. Only the results of this poll will affect the numbers going forward.

Here are the results of the one I set up two seasons ago http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1697411

There's around a month left until the draft, so there will be 24 hours for each pick. Obviously, we're only looking for the fans of each team to vote on their pick. This also assumes no trades will be made between picks.

Preds fans, you have the 17th overall pick!

1. :leafs C Auston Matthews 98%

2. :jets RW Patrik Laine 98%

3. :cbj RW Jesse Puljujarvi 95%

4. :edmonton C/LW PierreLuc Dubois 47%

5. :nucks LW Matthew Tkachuk 91%

6. :flames RW/LW Alexander Nylander 58%

7. :coyotes C Logan Brown 48%

8. :sabres D Jacob Chychrun 55%

9. :habs D Olli Juolevi 36%

10. :avs C/LW Tyson Jost 53%

11. :devils C/LW Clayton Keller 85%

12. :sens D Mikhail Sergachyov 46%

13. :canes C/LW Kieffer Bellows 69%

14. :bruins D Dante Fabbro 78%

15. :wild C/RW Luke Kunin 60%

16. :wings D Charles McAvoy

17. :nashville ???

18. :flyers

19. :isles

20. :coyotes

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I voted for McLeod but I'm torn between him and Gauthier.

If we go defense, Bean for sure if he's there.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Gauthier all day. True power forward we need. 6'4 220lbs. Doesn't everyone want that big front of the net presence?

I understand the want for a dman too though

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Gauthier would be an excellent pickup for sure. I haven't seen him play, but with his size, skating always comes to question in the highest level. Also, we're pretty set on wings for the future. We got a boatload of wingers in the pipeline Aberg, Arvidsson, Fiala, Trenin, Kirkland who are future NHL'ers.

If Gauthier was head and shoulders above else and clearly the BPA, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He isn't, so I'd prefer to go with organizational need this time.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Rubtsov, to go along with our growing collection of young, two-way Russian centers/forwards with size. Otherwise, probably agree with the Bean pick.

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
Gauthier would be an excellent pickup for sure. I haven't seen him play, but with his size, skating always comes to question in the highest level. Also, we're pretty set on wings for the future. We got a boatload of wingers in the pipeline Aberg, Arvidsson, Fiala, Trenin, Kirkland who are future NHL'ers.

If Gauthier was head and shoulders above else and clearly the BPA, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He isn't, so I'd prefer to go with organizational need this time.

Havent seen him play either but from what Ive read he's actually a good skater and is extremly coachable (on top of his size and shot) which sounds pretty good to me. Wouldnt mind if we happened to pick a defenseman like Bean instead though.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Michael McLeod gets my vote.

Thinking about the future, and I have seen someone already point it out, we have so many winger prospects and young wingers on the team as is. We need another potential top 9, sure fire, skilled center. McLeod seems like a competitor and he would be amazing as a #3 center, growing into a top 6 role.

I do love Gauthier, though, but I don't think he will last till 17. Just not sure we need another winger, but he is a RW and we are short there. I just love my centers.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
McLeod sure seems like a great fit for this team but I've read something about him and the stories are telling that for some reason he has bust written all over him. That's why I'm leery on him. He's talented for sure, but if he drops down to 17th it means teams have passed a recently projected top-10 and that's alarming. In no real mock drafts have I seen him going past 15th, and he was projected top-5 last fall.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I picked McLeod largely because I've been conditioned for half of my life to believe we have no centers in the pipeline. In reality, Gauthier is probably a better prospect but old habits die hard.

I really, really, hope we go forward and then defenseman in round 2. We need all the high skilled forwards we can get.
Me too.

LOUISVILLE ICE CARDS

Washed up College Hockey Player OSU18 Uofl 2021
May 7, 2013
Louisville Kentucky
I like Kieffer Bellows tbh but he probably won't be there at 17 but I'll pick Max Jones. We need to add some more superstar pedigree to are wings. We have Kamenev Trenin and Richards all in are system and I think that Atleast 1 will be a hit for us

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Bastian Would have been my choice I doubt Gauthier falls to our spot but both are big guys and Bastian has played wing and center. There are so many Defense guys in the area Poile picks you can about bet thats where he goes.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Gauthier for me. Yes the d depth in Milwaukee is underdeveloped but this should be the year defensemen will begin to step up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad