HF's Team Board Mock Draft

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Hey everybody. There's always variations of these every year on this site. The idea is to try to reach a consensus for who each team might pick would the fans of that team be in control.

We had one going about a month ago but unfortunately the user stopped polling teams. Rather than continuing his, I'm starting another mock draft, going team to team. Opinions may have changed from then till now anyway.

We have roughly 20 days left until the draft, which means there will only be 24 hours to select each player. Obviously, we're only looking for the fans of each team to vote on their pick.

Preds fans, you have the 11th overall draft pick

1. :panthers D Aaron Ekblad 85.71%
2. :sabres C Sam Reinhart 56.32%
3. :edmonton C Sam Bennett 63.06%
4. :flames C Leon Draisaitl 71.05%
5. :isles C/LW Michael Dal Colle 68.83%
6. :nucks LW Nikolaj Ehlers Auto'ed
7. :canes RW Nick Ritchie 52.94%
8. :leafs C/LW William Nylander 68.46%
9. :jets C/LW Jake Virtanen 35.09%
10. :ducks2 LW Kasperi Kapanen 21.74%
11. :nashville
12. :coyotes
13. :caps
14. :stars
15. :wings
16. :cbj
17. :flyers
18. :wild
19. :bolts
20. :sharks

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
not shooting you down but last year I believe we chose Barkov with like 97%…

probably a bit more useful down in this range though...

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
Barbashev, he would be top ten if he wasn't Russian IMO. Which is dumb because he already turned down a KHL contract to play in North America.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Fabbri, Fiala, Milano are my top 3 at this point. I wouldn't hate a barbashev pick. Perlini scares me though.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
The last time we did this a couple of weeks ago, Perlini was the choice. I'm still picking Perlini. Perlini is streaky, but I think has the frame and game so that he's probably got a pretty high floor - 20G-50pts.

Although the more I research, the more I like Fiala though. He seems more of a playmaker than a sniper though, and I think we need a finisher in the pipeline.

This is kind of a worst case scenario - not a single one of the higher rated guys fell to 11.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Draft Ivan Barbashev then pick up Vladimir Tkachev in the second round. What's the worst that can happen.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Draft Ivan Barbashev then pick up Vladimir Tkachev in the second round. What's the worst that can happen.
I hope this is sarcasm. You do not just risk everything on Russians since The path to the KHL goes through Nashville.

Wrong Box Legwand

Jul 29, 2013
I hope this is sarcasm. You do not just risk everything on Russians since The path to the KHL goes through Nashville.

Doubt it. He has already declined a contract to play in the KHL because he wants to play in the NHL, and plus now we have Lavy instead of Trotz. Everyone says, scouts included, that if he weren't Russian he'd be top 10 for sure.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011

I was being slightly sarcastic. I prefer Swedes, Americans, Canadians, Swiss and Finns... BUT the kid does have talent. Look at Valeri Nichushkin and Vladimir Tarasenko. Barbashev and/or Tkachev could end up in the KHL, or they could stay and be dynamic together. Unless someone falls, Poile isn't looking at the greatest group of forwards at 11.

Doubt it. He has already declined a contract to play in the KHL because he wants to play in the NHL, and plus now we have Lavy instead of Trotz. Everyone says, scouts included, that if he weren't Russian he'd be top 10 for sure.

Barbashev and Tkachev have chemistry together. Tkachev is projected to go around the 3rd round I believe. If you want to take a risk use DET's 2nd rounder on the kid. I think both would be more willing to go through MIL if they were together. As I said above, they could be dynamic together... or it could be a wasted 1st and/or 2nd.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
considering how unlikely these things are at least it means there's a very good chance we aren't drafting perlini lol

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Gotta go with Milano. A highly skilled , mostly offensive LW with a cocky play style and amazing hands. We need that to put fans in the seats and he'd be effective in our top 6.

Second pick is Fabbri, he has potential to be the steal of the draft. Fiala 3rd for me. I'd like to stay away from Ritiche and Perlini, we need more skill not size and a power forward. Not saying those players don't have but the 3 guys I previously mentioned is what I think we need. Plenty of options!

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
SRSLy .. 12 votes for Perlini??

giphy.gif

Dude forgot how to hockey since like november

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
I have a feeling this poll was invaded by people from other boards anyways honestly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad