HF's Spring 2005 Organizational Rankings (16-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
mercury said:
Can't wait to see how high the Flyers climbed. We were #20 before Carter and Richards started playing out of their minds in the AHL playoffs.

Damn Flyers... find a way to stay competative no matter what... :banghead:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Solid list - these org. rankings are usually pretty weird and this is the best I've seen. Only qualm I'd have is that St. Louis is too high ... I'd have them at #28 with only Colorado and TB lower. Schwarz was a huge disappointment this season, and the rest of their group of prospects is weak as hell. If I were Detroit, I wouldn't take their entire prospect pool for Kronwall alone.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
ahonen "continues to develop nicely in albany"? :dunno:

seems more like "stuck spinning his wheels on the crappy minor league team with a slim shot at ever making the big club as long as broduer insists on playing 70+ games a season"

though maybe if he's lucky, broduer will wear himself out more quickly than usual for a goalie and ahonen will get a shot before new jersey trades him off or he dissapears to europe for the rest of his career

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Levitate said:

seems more like "stuck spinning his wheels on the crappy minor league team with a slim shot at ever making the big club as long as broduer insists on playing 70+ games a season"

though maybe if he's lucky, broduer will wear himself out more quickly than usual for a goalie and ahonen will get a shot before new jersey trades him off or he dissapears to europe for the rest of his career

That's something I thought was a bit strange in the list. The Ahonen situation is not up to date.

Ahonen signed a 2-year deal with HIFK in Finland about a month ago. The contract was made public together with Tony Salmelainen's contract. While Salmelainen's contract has an NHL-clause in it, this was not mentioned in the Ahonen contract. Therefore it should be assumed to be a regular 2-year contract and that Ahonen will play the next two years in HIFK and not in the AHL.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
yeah that's what i remember hearing too...

i guess as long as broduer can still play, no big deal for the devils, but they might be hurting if broduer goes down to a freak injury or something

WC Handy*

MS said:
Solid list - these org. rankings are usually pretty weird and this is the best I've seen. Only qualm I'd have is that St. Louis is too high ... I'd have them at #28 with only Colorado and TB lower. Schwarz was a huge disappointment this season, and the rest of their group of prospects is weak as hell. If I were Detroit, I wouldn't take their entire prospect pool for Kronwall alone.

St Louis is FAR from too high.

mooseOAK*

I like how Wellwood outperformed every AHL prospect listed, but he is the guy who won't make the NHL.

Where's Vorobiev's mention? He was only the top defenceman on the second best junior team.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
WC Handy said:
St Louis is FAR from too high.
I have been and still am of the opinion that St. Louis has a terrible group of prospects and are too high on this list. Anything higher than 25 should be considered a big victory by that club.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
mooseOAK said:
I like how Wellwood outperformed every AHL prospect listed, but he is the guy who won't make the NHL.

Where's Vorobiev's mention? He was only the top defenceman on the second best junior team.
I can at least say that they should be ahead of St. Louis. :D

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Tampa Bay could have been #30, IMO. That group is terrible. What is going in the world? Tampa Bay = defending Stanley Cup champs, no prospects to speak of?
Philadelphia = excellent prospect depth?
Toronto = underrated prospect pool?

It's the like the whole world's gone crazy.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
slats432 said:
I have been and still am of the opinion that St. Louis has a terrible group of prospects and are too high on this list. Anything higher than 25 should be considered a big victory by that club.

I agree... I could even make an argument they belong 28th instead of the Canes... the Canes have Ward who is just as good a prospect as Schwartz, and Ladd who should at least have a solid NHL career. St. Louis is pretty weak...

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
Levitate said:

He did have his best year statstically speaking to date last season, but I don't blame him for leaving the team to go back to Finland. He's probably sick of playing on a below average AHL team, and he probably knows that he's not going to get a chance to start in New Jersey any time soon. He probably would have had a shot at the back-up job next season, but I guess that is a moot point now. The Devils goaltending depth just took a big hit with that departure too......

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
being a backup in new jersey is the crappiest backup job in all of hockey. you're lucky if you get 10 games :shakehead
wouldn't really have even been a good way to help develop him more

DARKSIDE

Nov 17, 2003
Holly Gunning, as a Devils fan, can you explain to me why Ari Ahonen is considered a top prospect by HF. I don't get to see him play much. So, is his record more of a reflection on the team then his own potential? Thank you!

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
MS said:

I'm not even gonna touch that last sentence.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Barnaby said:
I agree... I could even make an argument they belong 28th instead of the Canes... the Canes have Ward who is just as good a prospect as Schwartz, and Ladd who should at least have a solid NHL career. St. Louis is pretty weak...
I concur, the Canes are definetaly better than the Blues IMO. Ward and Ladd are a couple solid prospects, St. Loo doesn't have that sort of top end potential, and I don't see there depth as enough to make up for it.

X-SHARKIE

Overall very good list, each teams propsects make a case for them to be higher and lower. Overall I really like the list. Just a few thoughts.

I agree, the St.Louis Blues are way to high, mabey the depth at goal with Schwarz & Bacashihua put them up high, also I really do like Soderberg. Other then that though it's pretty much blah.

I also think that the Lightning should be dead last. As much as I like Egener, I don't like Rogers. I do how ever like their two Russian forwards and would like to see how those two develope (Polushin & Artukhin)

I like the Leafs prospects and say they could be higher then 27th.

Avs have Wolski who I thought had a chance of being a top 10 pick in 04, Svatos showed me alot as well with NHL time and they have two solid goaltending prospects, shouldn't be 30th. also Boychuk still has some promise as a 5th defenseman.

Hurricanes, Ward, Richmond, Ladd are very talented pups and it's too bad Staal is already graduated because they have solid core to build around with upcoming drafts.

Goc deserves some notion as one of the Sharks top prospects over Ehrhoff as well IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad