HF's Spring 2005 Organizational Rankings 1-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I actually liked HF's old prospect criteria system more, which drew the line once a player wasn't eligible for the Calder anymore. (25 GP in 1 year or at least six in two years, and must be under the age of 25). I've been doing an independent prospect ranking for nearly a decade, and my criteria uses the Calder eligibility system.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Coming into the season, Minnesota had a lot of questions on either prospects or young players. Not counted is Koivu, who progressed a lot this year and Bouchard.

One of the huge factors this year was Minnesota's defense. Minnesota coming into this year had a shakey defense and many applauded them for taking Thelen. He nose-dived this year. Burns on the otherhand exceeded expectations as a rookie defenseman, a position he hasn't played in for a couple of years. Stoner had a phenominal season and looked like he took the next step. Reitz had a great season but ended on a sour note when he was injured.

Volo is still a question mark but Irmen again had a great season for the Gophers. Melanson and Courchaine are a wash since no one expects them to do very much in the AHL.

Harding though, Harding I think surprised some people.

I understand everything and I agree with Minnesota's placement to some degree.

I wouldn't complain too much about Minnesota's ranking. I could make an arguement about Detroit having just as good of prospects as Minnesota, placing them in the teens. Its a losing cause around here, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->