Prospect Info: HF's Pittsburgh Penguins 2018 top 20 prospects

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
NHL.com put out their top 5 penguins prospects today for 31 in 31 and they are as follows:

1. Sprong
2. ZAR
3. Simon
4. Blueger
5. Bellerive

Top prospects for Pittsburgh Penguins

guess we have different definitions of prospect. weird they included ZAR but not jarry to me.

The author also said that Bellerive could play this season in the AHL, so the article isn't particularly well-informed.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Even though he's considered our top prospect, I don't think Sprong gets enough hype around here.

Putting up goals at the pace he has the last 2 years is impressive as hell, and I think he's primed to have a pretty successful year. Critiques of his defense or the way he supports the play are relatively minor when weighed against the rate he's put pucks in the back at the net. 32 goals in 31 games in the Q (9 goals in 12 playoff games) as a 19 year old (combined, 1st in goals-per-game in all major junior), then 32 goals in 65 AHL games as a rookie, good for 2nd in the league.

I honestly think he could have a Kyle Connor like season if you put him with Geno as regularly as Connor was with Scheif and Wheeler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad