1. Anthony Mantha - 77.38%
2. Andreas Athanasiou - 63.04%
3. Evgeny Svechnikov - 77.05%
4. Xavier Ouellet - 69.70%
5. Vili Saarijarvi - 52.00%
6. Axel Holmstrom - 40.48%

latest

Axel-Holmstrom-640x427.jpg

That was the closest one yet. Seems like people will be split between Bertuzzi, Hicketts, and Russo for this one. Let's see how it shakes out.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Seems like this voting will be in order of the list, has been so far and will probably continue.... human psychology here

You are going to want to go back and look at a few of the previous polls in order to test that hypothesis.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Still think the list could have been more randomized and not just the "hot names" furthest up.

You really think that people would have voted for Mitch Callahan as our top prospect if his name had been first on the list? Why does it matter what order they're in?

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Hicketts for me.

Agreed. Even though he's small he's still a very good prospect and does have #3/4 dman upside. He may never QB a PP like Saarijarvi but he'd be the steady guy on a middle pairing. I feel like his best comparison in terms of impact could be a Spurgeon lite.

I like Bertuzzi but I think in terms of impact Hicketts takes this one.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Agreed. Even though he's small he's still a very good prospect and does have #3/4 dman upside. He may never QB a PP like Saarijarvi but he'd be the steady guy on a middle pairing. I feel like his best comparison in terms of impact could be a Spurgeon lite.

I like Bertuzzi but I think in terms of impact Hicketts takes this one.
There are very few impact d-men in the league <5'11... They have a bigger hill to climd than bigger guys

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Getting to blah prospect territory here. Voted for Bert but there are a half a dozen guys I'd put in the same bucket without anyone having an advantage. Sproul, Hicketts, Turgeon, Russo. Possible contributors but no game breakers.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
There are very few impact d-men in the league <5'11... They have a bigger hill to climd than bigger guys

While true I think that may also be a case of a sample size. If you look at the league now compared to even 10 years a go it's a much more inviting place for smaller dmen to make it.

Hicketts has a build that will lend itself to putting on weight so there shouldn't be much of an issue in regards to his ability to handle pro players. In the WJC he had to face players much bigger than himself and had little issue defending. Next year with a lot of graduations on the Griffins defence it will be an excellent opportunity to see what we really have in Hicketts.

Maybe Spurgeon wasn't the best comparable due to his elite skating but someone like Kris Russel, who is just 1 or 2 inches taller, is a more likely outcome.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Getting to blah prospect territory here. Voted for Bert but there are a half a dozen guys I'd put in the same bucket without anyone having an advantage. Sproul, Hicketts, Turgeon, Russo. Possible contributors but no game breakers.

Frk????

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005

Not sold on him either, with his skating. He seems to be figuring things out at the AHL level, but I don't think he has the raw materials for the NHL. Maybe I'm wrong but I think he tops out as a minor pro stud who can't quite get it done in the big show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->