Philadelphia
Rankings:
1. Anthony Mantha - 77.38%
2. Andreas Athanasiou - 63.04%
3. Evgeny Svechnikov - 77.05%
4. Xavier Ouellet - 69.70%

latest

4drw1021.jpg

I thought that'd be a little closer. Most of these have been reasonable blow outs so far though. Maybe this one will be a little closer. Added Coreau.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Went with Milli Vanilli. But this one is close. Was expecting Bertuzzi to be better than he has been, or probably would've went with him.

Interested to see what others think of Frk, he is killing it right now. Has improved his skating and has a bomb of a shot, still.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Went with Milli Vanilli. But this one is close. Was expecting Bertuzzi to be better than he has been, or probably would've went with him.

Interested to see what others think of Frk, he is killing it right now. Has improved his skating and has a bomb of a shot, still.

This is lil Bert's first full year down there though, right?

I voted Vili Minili too, he had a great start to the year and played really well in the WJC's. I think the Vatanen comparisons are right on.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This is lil Bert's first full year down there though, right?

I voted Vili Minili too, he had a great start to the year and played really well in the WJC's. I think the Vatanen comparisons are right on.

Yes, but he had 12 pts in 14 playoff games for GR to end the year. Maybe didn't expect quite that production, but certainly better than he has done so far.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
This is where things get interesting.

Went with Saarijarvi, think he's our most offensively talented Dman we have in the system right now. Was a tough pick between him or Bert though.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Yes, but he had 12 pts in 14 playoff games for GR to end the year. Maybe didn't expect quite that production, but certainly better than he has done so far.

I don't think 13 points in 31 games is that bad for a rookie. :dunno:

It's not like Mantha was much better production last year, you know? Certainly, people expect more from Mantha than Bertuzzi, but that said, I'd say context is valuable here. Also, isn't Bertuzzi playing with Dan ****ing Cleary?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't think 13 points in 31 games is that bad for a rookie. :dunno:

It's not like Mantha was much better production last year, you know? Certainly, people expect more from Mantha than Bertuzzi, but that said, I'd say context is valuable here. Also, isn't Bertuzzi playing with Dan ****ing Cleary?

Looked at lineups for last game and it said he was slotted with Miele and Frk on the first line.

Honestly, I like Saarijarvi better regardless. Will have Bert going in the next few rounds, though may have to go with another former 2nd rounder over him ;)

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Looked at lineups for last game and it said he was slotted with Miele and Frk on the first line.

Honestly, I like Saarijarvi better regardless. Will have Bert going in the next few rounds, though may have to go with another former 2nd rounder over him ;)

Yeah, I wasn't trying to speak in absolutes, I haven't watched the last couple of weeks. I know he was with Cleary earlier this year.

How does Jensen land for you coming up?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, I wasn't trying to speak in absolutes, I haven't watched the last couple of weeks. I know he was with Cleary earlier this year.

How does Jensen land for you coming up?

Meh. I always have a hard time ranking prospects that are in the position Jensen is in. Dude is 25 with 0 NHL games to his name.

Rather talk about the Bertuzzi's, Holmstrom's, Turgeon's of the world.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Don't even know why I am bothering but here goes. My #5 is Jensen. Ville is a good young prospect but we have yet to see how he will translate to the Ahl let alone the bigs. Yes he is a rh puck moving defender which everyone loves. But he is still in the CHL. Once upon a time Sproul was the dream #1 defender and know he looks to be waivered next year.

Why Jensen you say? He is closer to the NHL for one and I value readiness much more than potential. He at the least will be a stable def-d type that skates like the wind. I personally believe he has mid pairing upside. Just a feeling don't have "facts" or fancy graphs to put it over the edge or anything. He has I believe some offensive potential not that he will be a 36+ guy but he should be around 25-34 in his prime. He pinches decently and most importantly wisely. And every now and then he will be moving the puck see an opening and turn on the jets and get into the o-zone with momentum unfortunately he has ahl talent at the moment that most often scrubs out the grade a chances he creates but if we still expect to have a good top 9 offensively that can score he will have much better production in the NHL.

Having said that he also is a rh defense men. And depending on when the upcoming expansion draft happens he should have a spot for him on the 3rd pairing behind Marchy and Green. If not he is a upgrade over Lashoff in the #7 spot. And he like 2-3 other d-men are ready right now for NHL time (XO, Marchy as we all know, and him).

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Holy Crap. I don't get the Saarijärvi love, at least to this extent. I have Hicketts and Holmstrom ahead of him (and probably Russo and maybe even Bertuzzi. If we put a lot of weight on ceilings even Sproul is ahead of Saarijärvi)

Hicketts had a better draft +1 year than Saarijärvi, is having a better season right now, had a better showing at world Juniors and has proven to fight off bigger forwards better despite being a little smaller. Hicketts is stronger and has fantastic leadership abilities wearing a letter both with his junior club and his national team.

Must be that east coast bias, a shiny new toy syndrome or something else of that nature

Last edited:

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Isn't he having kind of a down year? Also, I don't think he's a top 5 prospect for us, and I say that as a fan.(just check my avatar) Still, he's tied for second atm behind Vili Minili.

Last season he had a .45 PPG, this season he has .57 PPG. He had a really good WJC (again). 6'1" and 200 lbs. and only 19 years old. Coupled with his playoffs last season, I don't see how he isn't a top 5 prospect with his skill-set and growing size.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Saarijärvi, but I honestly though I was going to be the only one voting for him. 5 to 8 is tight for me: Vili, Homer, Russo & Bert.

Commets on the other options:
Holmström - His skating right now is so far from where it needs to be in order to be an NHLer.
Russo - Big riser, had him at #24 pre-season :)facepalm:). Not sure how much more room for development.
Bert - Right now I don't see him as a top-6er for the Wings. But who knows...
+ Hicketts - Was solid at the WJC but not outstanding. Still needs to add a step or two and his size does limit him quite a bit.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Saarijärvi, but I honestly though I was going to be the only one voting for him. 5 to 8 is tight for me: Vili, Homer, Russo & Bert.

Holmström - His skating right now is so far from where it needs to be in order to be an NHLer.
Russo - Big riser, had him at #24 pre-season :)facepalm:). Not sure how much more room for development.
+ Hicketts - Was solid at the WJC but not outstanding. Still needs to add a step or two and his size does limit him quite a bit.

I think we got Russo literally as we were voting for 24, and he was unanimous.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012

I see Bert as a middle-6er. I am really big on him, but don't think he'll end up being a first line guy. Wouldn't mind being surprised though.

Voted Saarijärvi.

Aug 6, 2012
Russo. Hopefully great things ahead for him.

Nick Jensen will always intrigue me until he gets his shot in the NHL. I really think he can be a realgud player

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Bertuzzi, lots of guys have tough rookie seasons in pro hockey. But I like what he projects to be long-term and I think he will get it on track and be a solid contributor in the middle six with a lot of jam and some skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad