latest

(Greek Lightning...)

635826198446079977-RW-110815-DS-JHG04-1-.jpg

Added De Haas.

I imagine this one will be a runaway.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I personally think Svechnikov should have been two. That's no slight against AA, but I think Svechnikov has a higher ceiling than AA does. I think realistically they both should be top 6 guys, but Svechnikov is more likely of the two to become a top liner.

So, he in my mind, is the automatic choice.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
I personally think Svechnikov should have been two. That's no slight against AA, but I think Svechnikov has a higher ceiling than AA does. I think realistically they both should be top 6 guys, but Svechnikov is more likely of the two to become a top liner.

So, he in my mind, is the automatic choice.

It's not all about ceilings though. Voted Svech

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Svechnikov. I'm going to forget he ever played at the WJC and everything looks fine. :)

Might want to add Hicketts too. And Coreau makes at least my top-20 with the season he's had so far. Goalies are tough but once they boom who knows how far they can go.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Easily Svech,

After this it gets a bit more interesting, I'm debating between XO and Vili Manilli. XO isn't flashy and isn't tearing up the AHL but I still think he could be a Dekeyser-lite. Whereas Vili is dynamite in the offensive zone but he's smaller and I'm hesitant to put him this high before I see how he fares against full sized men. Edit: Then there's Russo who could be a dark horse for the #4 spot.

Last edited:

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Hicketts should definitely be added. He will be picking up some votes sooner than later.

Chase Pearson has a vote? He must have an HF account :laugh:

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Axel Holmstrom. Looked great in world juniors, much better than Svech. Holmstroms stats are progressing aswell. Looks like a solid hockey player. But of course he won't get any attention until he is playing in North America next season.

aFish

blub blub blub
Jun 23, 2014
Ontario
World Juniors must've really clouded everyone's view on Svech. He's the no.2 Prospect in the organization AIIEC, and that's no slight on AA whom I like very much.

Voted Svech, add Hicketts.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Axel Holmstrom. Looked great in world juniors, much better than Svech. Holmstroms stats are progressing aswell. Looks like a solid hockey player. But of course he won't get any attention until he is playing in North America next season.

Skating, skating, skating, skating!!!!! That is why Axel Holmstrom won't get much in terms of attention. Even while I think right now the biggest concern on Svechnikov is his skating in terms of him winding up an elite NHL guy, it is nothing in comparison to Holmstrom's skating issues. Right now he is a player that flat out cannot play in the NHL at all because of his skating.

His stats might look nice, but to actually watch him brings into question how he will make gains in the skating department, he doesn't look any faster this year versus last to me. Hopefully they can get something for him this summer in terms of drills and workouts to help with it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm not even sure I'd have Holmstrom over Frk right now. The 2 are close for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->