Prospect Info: HFRedWings Midseason Prospect Rankings #2

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I love that on these boards, "a better version of helm" is some huge insult and means he's hugely overrated. Reality is, if he turns into a better Helm, he should be #2 on the list.

It's like everyone expects half of these guys to turn into sure fire hall of famers, but in reality most of them won't sniff the nhl, much less have full 15 year careers like Helm will

Better version implies 2nd liner, whereas Svechnikov is a player who could be a top line talent. It's a reasonable discussion, nothing to get hyperbolic about.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
He has more goals then Anthony mantha and svechnikov in the nhl

I don't view better prospects as ceilings. I view it as who's better right now if we were to call up somebody

Aa
Mantha
Who knows

That's a good way to rank our organizational depth. Very weird way to rank prospects. It flies in the face of the definition.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Better version implies 2nd liner, whereas Svechnikov is a player who could be a top line talent. It's a reasonable discussion, nothing to get hyperbolic about.

There's certainly an argument that Svechnikov could be above him. But then trying to insult him with "over rated" and "slightly better Helm" still only moves him down to what, #3, even if they are true?

I don't see any other forwards being as good as Helm, and I don't believe in any of these defensemen at all. I don't think Bertuzzi becomes as good as Helm. I don't think Holmstrom even has a chance at the NHL. The reality is "Helm" is our 2nd-3rd best prospect right now, and that's not necessarily a bad thing

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
There's certainly an argument that Svechnikov could be above him. But then trying to insult him with "over rated" and "slightly better Helm" still only moves him down to what, #3, even if they are true?

I don't see any other forwards being as good as Helm, and I don't believe in any of these defensemen at all. I don't think Bertuzzi becomes as good as Helm. I don't think Holmstrom even has a chance at the NHL. The reality is "Helm" is our 2nd-3rd best prospect right now, and that's not necessarily a bad thing

Maybe Bertuzzi or Holmstrom, yeah, those are the only guys who I think you can have a discussion about at this juncture. But you are right, they may never be as good as Helm is.

And, no, I agree, Shaman's always been a vocal AA detractor.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Maybe Bertuzzi or Holmstrom, yeah, those are the only guys who I think you can have a discussion about at this juncture. But you are right, they may never be as good as Helm is.

And, no, I agree, Shaman's always been a vocal AA detractor.

Yeah, I mean actually watching him live in GR doesn't give me any basis to believe that his skill set isn't going to transition well. I am not a detractor, I am just realistic. Sorry that the reality is he's a bottom 6 forward.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Yeah, I mean actually watching him live in GR doesn't give me any basis to believe that his skill set isn't going to transition well. I am not a detractor, I am just realistic. Sorry that the reality is he's a bottom 6 forward.

A better version of Helm is a top 6 forward. Way to contradict yourself. If you did actually watch AA like you claim than you would realize that Helm and AA play nothing alike. Seriously, where is the commonality other than speed? Lazy comparison. Helm can only beat players with his speed. AA is far more dynamic.

Still waiting for all those gifs with Helm's sick hands :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad