Prospect Info: HFRedWings Midseason Prospect Rankings #2

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Rankings:
1. Anthony Mantha - 76.25%

BxYWitfCAAAn80r.jpg

anthony_mantha_detroit_091613.jpg

Mantha runs away with the first one, now I imagine that it will come down between AA and Svechnikov.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I went with Svech because I like his potential but I'm sure AA will skate away with this one faster than from a defenseman when AA's on a breakaway. Both are obviously great.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Svechnikov, I really like a lot about his game. If his skating improves we have something great there in my opinion. Very physical player to go along with all of that skill.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I would have voted Svechy if he could skate like AA. Or if it were close. Reports that he needs to improve his skating are very troublesome to me, as it's almost impossible for a non-power winger to be a successful sniper in the NHL without elite speed.

AA's hands looks like they're almost as slick as Svechy, and he's got amazing wheels to go with them.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I would have voted Svechy if he could skate like AA. Or if it were close. Reports that he needs to improve his skating are very troublesome to me, as it's almost impossible for a non-power winger to be a successful sniper in the NHL without elite speed.

AA's hands looks like they're almost as slick as Svechy, and he's got amazing wheels to go with them.

Svechnikov is very much a power winger, IMO.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Voted for Arhanasiou.

If we are doing adds, add De Haas.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
AA is the most overrated prospect in the Wings system. He hasn't shown anything more than he's going to be a slightly better Helm.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
AA is the most overrated prospect in the Wings system. He hasn't shown anything more than he's going to be a slightly better Helm.

He has more goals then Anthony mantha and svechnikov in the nhl

I don't view better prospects as ceilings. I view it as who's better right now if we were to call up somebody

Aa
Mantha
Who knows

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

So a 40-50 point defensively responsible center? Who in our system should be rated higher than him? He has one less goal in 8 less games than our supposed #1 prospect.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

This is probably the first time in like 5 years he hasn't been underrated.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
whii31V.gif

DescriptiveMasculineIndianskimmer.gif

FriendlyLameBeagle.gif

"a slightly better Helm"

/Shaman464 - January 12, 2016

Okay? Cherry picking gifs over 55 games isn't evidence of anything. His career numbers in the NHL and CHL don't differ drastically from Helm's. And having watched Helm in the AHL he had some pretty nice moves too. As for the person who said AA has more goals than Svech and Mantha, well Luke Glendening has more career goals than Larkin therefore he's better, right?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Okay? Cherry picking gifs over 55 games isn't evidence of anything. His career numbers in the NHL and CHL don't differ drastically from Helm's. And having watched Helm in the AHL he had some pretty nice moves too. As for the person who said AA has more goals than Svech and Mantha, well Luke Glendening has more career goals than Larkin therefore he's better, right?

You must be relieved he is injured. His production this year was going to sink your argument entirely.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Tatar at age 21 = 58 pts in 76 gms for .76 ppg

Athanasiou at age 21 = 16 pts in 21 gms for .76 ppg

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

Athanasiou has one less goal than our supposed #1 prospect in 8 less games. This season. Athanasiou has shown skill with the puck that Helm has never shown. If you disagree, feel free to cherry pick some Helm gifs. It's obvious to anyone that's seen him play.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

And that's including his putrid start where virtually the entire team couldn't buy a goal.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Okay? Cherry picking gifs over 55 games isn't evidence of anything. His career numbers in the NHL and CHL don't differ drastically from Helm's. And having watched Helm in the AHL he had some pretty nice moves too.
There's probably 20-30 highly impressive moves you could gif simply from this season+pre-season from him. Even in his short NHL time he had a few dangles. Point is he is doing things with the puck that Helm has NEVER done at any level. AA plays a skill game, he is not a Darren Helm just because he's fast. Helm doesn't challenge d-men 1-on-1 if he can't beat them with speed. AA does. AA has vision, he can make passing plays. Helm can't.

Well really, Tatar is just a slower Helm.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I love that on these boards, "a better version of helm" is some huge insult and means he's hugely overrated. Reality is, if he turns into a better Helm, he should be #2 on the list.

It's like everyone expects half of these guys to turn into sure fire hall of famers, but in reality most of them won't sniff the nhl, much less have full 15 year careers like Helm will

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I love that on these boards, "a better version of helm" is some huge insult and means he's hugely overrated. Reality is, if he turns into a better Helm, he should be #2 on the list.

It's like everyone expects half of these guys to turn into sure fire hall of famers, but in reality most of them won't sniff the nhl, much less have full 15 year careers like Helm will
Yeah I agree with this too, "a better Helm" is a damn fine player. To me it's just lazy to use that comparison all the time. Larkin has also had the "Helm with hands" moniker. AA and Helm don't really play hockey the same way, the only thing they really have in common is speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad