Prospect Info: HFRedWings Midseason Prospect Rankings #1

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I do think the answer here that people aren't really thinking about is the Wings look like a team that could very well carry eight D-man next year. While unusual not exactly unheard of either for a NHL team worried about waivers to do this. The 14th forward will just be housed in GR. It is far from ideal as it is hard to get the two D-man playing time, but we will see what happens.

I have said for a while I thought Holland would be active from the time period of last trade deadline through this off-season and I think it is still shaping up that way.

Would love to do the Buff trade and cull some of our access that way and get this murky picture cleared up.

Worth pointing out that not even a week ago, Holland said they won't carry 8 defenseman, which was a big part of why Kindl was actually waived. May have to see if I can find the specific quote, but it sounded like he didn't see a lot of value in it.

Maybe our circumstances will be different next year, though. Really don't see a need to re-sign Quincey (despite him being solid), and hoping we don't due to the log jam.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Mantha seems to be coming on. He's having a better year than AA and has more upside, so I put him ahead of AA.

There is a big gap between those two and the rest of the pipeline.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Mantha seems to be coming on. He's having a better year than AA and has more upside, so I put him ahead of AA.

There is a big gap between those two and the rest of the pipeline.

Svechnikov is coming of a rough WJC, but I don't think AA has him at all really. Svechnikov plays a very heavy game, his skating needs to improve but he has awesome hands and a great hockey IQ. He might not be the flavor of the month, but he is greasy dude with a lot of talent, there is a lot there to like though I don't think either he or AA are really that great of center options. Hopefully one of them can figure that out though as that would be awesome.

I know people will be alarmed with the recent comparison to Abdelkader made by some. But an upgraded version of Abdelkader is really nothing to laugh about. Gator is going to spend a decade plus in this league, he is a very good player. I would be happy if Svechnikov is in fact an upgraded version of Gator. Physical net front guy with upgraded hands and vision is really intriguing in my opinion.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Svechnikov is coming of a rough WJC, but I don't think AA has him at all really. Svechnikov plays a very heavy game, his skating needs to improve but he has awesome hands and a great hockey IQ. He might not be the flavor of the month, but he is greasy dude with a lot of talent, there is a lot there to like though I don't think either he or AA are really that great of center options. Hopefully one of them can figure that out though as that would be awesome.

He has game but AA has shown flashes of game breaking ability at the AHL and NHL preseason levels. Mantha has the tools to be a big time goal scorer and is putting it together at the AHL level.

I can't get too excited about Svechy until he dominates junior the way they did, or makes a splash at the pro level the way they have. The Q is just too squishy in terms of offense translating to the pros.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->