eee-Blueger (67%)-ggg
hhh-iii-jjj
lll

mmm-Letang
Matheson (56%)-Marino
ooo-ppp
qqq-rrr

Jarry-DeSmith

Poll #5 - Who do you want as Letang's LD?

Poll will be open for a few days, unless it is a blowout.

I'm closing the Sid RW poll early as I think Kapanen was the clear winner.

In this poll, vote for who you want to be Letang's partner. Left handed D only. Write in votes allowed.

Some assumptions and rules:
  1. You are to vote for what you want to see -- not what you expect the coaches to do. This is for the opening day lineup. Yes, it'll change throughout the season.
  2. Crosby and Malkin are the top two centers.
  3. Jarry is the starter and DeSmith is the backup.
  4. ZAR will be on the IR to start the season. This means he will not be listed as an option in any of the polls.
  5. In the top 4, defenseman will not play on their "off" side.
  6. I will not be listing players for positions they have not played at the NHL level. For example, I will not be listing Tanev as an option for the third line center.
  7. Due to the amount of one-way contracts, I will not be including Poulin and POJ (or other prospects) as voting options. Feel free to write them in as a vote, though.
  8. A majority vote is not needed to win. But we may have runoff polls if I deem the numbers to be too close.
Let me know of questions or concerns.

Previous threads:

Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - 20/21 Version
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Jake Guentzel
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Third Line Center
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Marino's Partner
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Give Sid a RW

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I'll probably change my vote often in this poll. Pettersson is currently my vote as I want to see Riikola on the third pairing. Dumoulin would probably be the most stable partner for Riikola in that situation.

Will probably eventually vote for Dumoulin.

Though having MP try out the right side (with Dumo on the left) would help the Pens in the long run if he's successful at it. And Riikola-Letang had some decent stats...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
This one should be over pretty quickly.

tenor.gif

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'll probably change my vote often in this poll. Pettersson is currently my vote as I want to see Riikola on the third pairing. Dumoulin would probably be the most stable partner for Riikola in that situation.

Will probably eventually vote for Dumoulin.

Though having MP try out the right side (with Dumo on the left) would help the Pens in the long run if he's successful at it. And Riikola-Letang had some decent stats...

Hard to imagine how that scenario plays out with Matheson and Ceci in the equation.

I would've really liked to see Riikola get a regular spot on the 3rd pairing too, but we know how this org rolls when it comes to defensemen with bigger contracts. They're gonna get all the rope in the world, and then some.

But I guess this is about what we want to see, not what will actually happen.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Maybe it's Dumo's ankle injury that we need to put this into question. The Dumo Letang pair has been stable for a quite awhile and I still have faith it will continue to be rock solid.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Definitely worried more about Dumo’s ankle than Letang falling off a cliff....Dumo looked like shit warmed over in the return to play series...I’m hoping he’s not going to be the next Schultz regression candidate from a serious ankle injury...

Reactions: Gurglesons

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
As long as Dumo gets back to his regular self, there's not a single reason to split up the top pairing. They complement each other well and are the 2 best Dmen on the team.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
It's gotta be Riiko, just to see if he and Letang could do their best imitation of Brownian motion at the NHL level.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Like a board's version of a solar eclipse.

Dumo is the only answer at current time. Now if his ankle doesn't recover and he turns to a lame horse...we are in serious trouble.

I don't think we'd be in serious trouble. I think Pettersson showed he can be competent in a # 3 role last year. That gives you Letang, Marino, and Pettersson all playing major minutes and maybe Matheson can bounce back to a useful # 4 especially if he is paired with Marino.

Definitely would take us down from what I think is a top five D in the league if Ceci isn't playing to a mid range one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad