eee-Blueger (67%)-ggg
hhh-iii-jjj
lll

mmm-Letang
Matheson (56%)-Marino
ooo-ppp
qqq-rrr

Jarry-DeSmith

Poll #4 - Who do you want as Crosby's RW?

Poll will be open for a few days, unless it is a blowout.

I thought about which poll to do next and I think this one would get some interesting conversation going. And yes, most of us know what Sullivan said as to who would be playing there. Yes, I know Zucker is primarily a LW, but I included him as an option anyway.

Some assumptions and rules:
  1. You are to vote for what you want to see -- not what you expect the coaches to do. This is for the opening day lineup. Yes, it'll change throughout the season.
  2. Crosby and Malkin are the top two centers.
  3. Jarry is the starter and DeSmith is the backup.
  4. ZAR will be on the IR to start the season. This means he will not be listed as an option in any of the polls.
  5. In the top 4, defenseman will not play on their "off" side.
  6. I will not be listing players for positions they have not played at the NHL level. For example, I will not be listing Tanev as an option for the third line center.
  7. Due to the amount of one-way contracts, I will not be including Poulin and POJ (or other prospects) as voting options. Feel free to write them in as a vote, though.
  8. A majority vote is not needed to win. But we may have runoff polls if I deem the numbers to be too close.
Let me know of questions or concerns.

Previous threads:

Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - 20/21 Version
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Jake Guentzel
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Third Line Center
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Marino's Partner

Last edited:
Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
For whatever reason, I can't vote in polls yet, but Kap is the easy pick here. We traded a decent prospect and 15OA for him to play with Sid.

I think it has to do with you being so new to the board. You either need a certain number of posts to vote in polls or you need to be here a certain amount of time. I forget which.

But I'll be sure to include your vote.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
For whatever reason, I can't vote in polls yet, but Kap is the easy pick here. We traded a decent prospect and 15OA for him to play with Sid.
It seems like a lot of people felt that was a fair trade for Kap. I’m not sure he should get to play with Sid because we overpaid to acquire Kap.

Sid did well with Dopee, so I’m hoping Kap can magically work in that spot. It would be a colossal f*** up to pay that much for a guy to play with McCann and Jank on the wasteland line.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Kapanen, because I want Rust with Geno.

Ideally, we could have Kapanen on L3, but I think he will fit nicely with Sid. He is a shooter and he is a smart player. Good defensively as well.

Zucker - Sid - Kap would be a great match up line and then you have Guentzel - Geno - Rust to attack their weakeness. Good way to make sure a "meh" bottom 6 does not hurt us too much.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It seems like a lot of people felt that was a fair trade for Kap. I’m not sure he should get to play with Sid because we overpaid to acquire Kap.

Sid did well with Dopee, so I’m hoping Kap can magically work in that spot. It would be a colossal f*** up to pay that much for a guy to play with McCann and Jank on the wasteland line.

Not only is he paid fairly, it would be a steal if he works out on Sids/Geno's line. Market value if he's on line 3.

It's up in the air if J-M-K works, but on their own should be good and putting good players together sometimes workout.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Went with Rust. I’m not sure Kapanen will work out with Sid and think Kapanen should go wherever Jake is too, to help his transition on a new (old :laugh:) team

Reactions: Gurglesons

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Rust. He complements Guentzel well and is well suited to play against difficult matchups Sid will see.

Assuming Guentzel is with Sid.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Zucker-Crosby-Kapanen is Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis 2.0, but this board is obsessed with putting Guentzel with Malkin so that's what the top line is going to be.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kapanen.

I want to see Guentzel-Malkin-Rust, and there aren't any other attractive options for Sid unless Poulin blows us out of the water.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm tempted to go full psycho and suggest

Zucker-Crosby-Tanev
GMR
McCann-Blueger-Kapanen

Because that's a lot of scoring talent on the third line (fingers crossed) and I think a lot of things Tanev does fit well with Sid, but, well, I think the right answer here is Kapanen...

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Other: The current free agent from Kladno, would be peak 2020:

2218d919-39c1-45cc-8fe7-e25e1e9c4965-AP_Czech_Republic_Hockey_Jagr_Returns.JPG

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
almost tripped me up by throwing zucker in there, he's a LW. the no brainer top 6 is zucker-sid-kk and jake/rust with geno. The thing thing is Jake goes with malkin or sid really well, but it's a sum is greater then the parts kinda thing when you put jake/rust+geno together.

i just fully expect Sid to demand jake as his winger. Zucker doesn't belong with Malkin, we had that in full display already.

Reactions: Andy99

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Why are people choosing Zucker? He's a LW so maybe some people are reading this wrong? In this scenario with Guentzel/Geno you'll have Zucker/Sid as LW.

Kap is the definite answer to Sid's RW. Rust should be reunited with Geno. This should be a landslide I assume.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Zucker-Crosby-Tanev
GMR
McCann-Blueger-Kapanen

Because that's a lot of scoring talent on the third line (fingers crossed) and I think a lot of things Tanev does fit well with Sid, but, well, I think the right answer here is Kapanen...

I think Sid’s reaction to Tanev would be.........

8e4c6da2055e96173af3009c21999f8d.gif

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

Zucker-Crosby-Tanev
GMR
McCann-Blueger-Kapanen

Sid on his way to Sully's office after hearing Tanev is penciled into his line:
giphy.gif

Reactions: KIRK and Tom Hanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad