• Poll closed .

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Current lineup as per HFPens:

Zucker (100%)-Crosby-Kapanen (77%)
Guentzel (66%)-Malkin-Rust (97%)
McCann (94%)-Blueger (67%)-Tanev (59%) [54% for this winger pairing]
Rodrigues (54%)-Jankowski (89%)-Sceviour (82%)
lll

Dumoulin (100%)-Letang
Matheson (56%)-Marino
Pettersson (97%)-Riikola (63%) [60% vote for this pairing]
Ceci/Ruhwedel

Jarry-DeSmith

Poll #13 - Who do you want as the extra forward?

Poll will be open for a few days, unless it is a blowout.

Looks like we've got a JankERS line. :)

In this poll, vote for who you want to see as the extra forward to start the season.

Some assumptions and rules:
  1. You are to vote for what you want to see -- not what you expect the coaches to do. This is for the opening day lineup. Yes, it'll change throughout the season.
  2. Crosby and Malkin are the top two centers.
  3. Jarry is the starter and DeSmith is the backup.
  4. ZAR will be on the IR to start the season. This means he will not be listed as an option in any of the polls.
  5. In the top 4, defenseman will not play on their "off" side.
  6. I will not be listing players for positions they have not played at the NHL level. For example, I will not be listing Tanev as an option for the third line center.
  7. Due to the amount of one-way contracts, I will not be including Poulin and POJ (or other prospects) as voting options. Feel free to write them in as a vote, though. [okay, I guess I lied about Poulin not being listed]
  8. A majority vote is not needed to win. But we may have runoff polls if I deem the numbers to be too close.
  9. We are assuming a starting line-up for 4 full lines and 3 full pairings. We are also assuming only one extra forward and two extra defenders.
Let me know of questions or concerns.

Previous threads:

Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - 20/21 Version
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Jake Guentzel
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Third Line Center
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Marino's Partner
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Give Sid a RW
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Letang's Partner
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Zucker
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Rust
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - 3rd Line Wingers
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - 3rd Defense Pairing
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - 4th Line Center
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - 4th Line Wingers
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Runoff Vote - 4th Line LW

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
not a fan of any of these guys and Poulin should not be sitting as a 13th forward...as much as I dislike ZAR, he or Sceviour or ERod should be the 13th...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I imagine Lafferty wins easy. The most proven at NHL level

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
laf and po have the most upside.....so i would rather see them playing than sitting on the bench. so i went with angello

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
laf and po have the most upside.....so i would rather see them playing than sitting on the bench. so i went with angello
I get Poulin, but Lafferty is 25 so not sure how much more "upside" he has. He showed flashes last season and may have a little more in him than the 21 point pace he was on, but he seems like he's going to top out as a 3rd liner at best.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
One massive advantage Lafferty has over Poulin is foot speed, on top of prior NHL experience.
Not really fair to look at Lafferty's points and expect much. He had 63% D-zone starts, playing with 4th liners and averaging 9:37 a game.

I feel like he has more to give offensively, given the chance. You guys saw that breakaway goal last year too. Pretty sick moves for a replacement level player. Bagged a goal in the playoffs while playing 7:40.
And he certainly didn't hurt us defensively. 950 oiSV%. 17 Takeaways/12 Giveaways. Respectable 47.6 corsi considering his usage.

I like him. Would be curious to see how he'd do higher in the line-up when there's injuries.

As for Poulin, I just haven't seen enough to judge. Angello's a pass for me.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
One massive advantage Lafferty has over Poulin is foot speed, on top of prior NHL experience.
Not really fair to look at Lafferty's points and expect much. He had 63% D-zone starts, playing with 4th liners and averaging 9:37 a game.

I feel like he has more to give offensively, given the chance. You guys saw that breakaway goal last year too. Pretty sick moves for a replacement level player. Bagged a goal in the playoffs while playing 7:40.
And he certainly didn't hurt us defensively. 950 oiSV%. 17 Takeaways/12 Giveaways. Respectable 47.6 corsi considering his usage.

I like him. Would be curious to see how he'd do higher in the line-up when there's injuries.

As for Poulin, I just haven't seen enough to judge. Angello's a pass for me.

No he didn’t.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad