Line Combos: HFPens Decides - 3rd Line Wingers

Who do you want as the third line wingers? Select two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Perhaps it is mind boggling, but at least they understand the "select two" part of the poll. ;)
I didn’t select two because only one was a worthy candidate. I don’t want any of those other clowns near our third line.

The poll asks who do you WANT, not who do you think will be the wingers.

What I think will happen is JR will have to go out and acquire a player since this lineup is beyond incomplete and half assed. It will be challenging for him since we have so few picks and almost no respectable prospects. He will be forced to waste assets on a Haula/Granlund type player he could have simply signed during the off season.

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I went back through the GDTs in the 18-19 season after acquiring McCann and Bjugstad. McCann was never listed as a RW in any of the gameday lines. When he was with Crosby and Guentzel, McCann was always the LW. Doesn't mean they did not alternate throughout the game, though.

Nor does it mean McCann hasn't be a RW this season, but I've spent enough time on this. If you want though, here you go (GDTs):

Pittsburgh Penguins

It was most likely in game changeups and it wouldn't be the first time we had lineups wrong considering injuries and last minute changes.

I remember him playing there whether it be a shift or whatever. I also know McCann didn't spend too much time on line one anyways.

I don't know if LW/RW would be all that significant for him. Like... Most of his scoring is from center to RW.

I don't think they'll see a drop off.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Those are some ugly ass options outside of McCann and Poulin going full Marino in training camp.

But that's how we assembled this team, so cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Reactions: EightyOne

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
McCann Blueger Tanev

Seems like a Cooke Talbot Kennedy line.

And how is a 43/25/30 point pace 3rd line with good/really good defensive metrics not an "NHL caliber" 3rd line? Do people even know other teams 3rd line options?

Reactions: Peat and Gurglesons

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
McCann Blueger Tanev

Seems like a Cooke Talbot Kennedy line.

And how is a 43/25/30 point pace 3rd line with good/really good defensive metrics not an "NHL caliber" 3rd line? Do people even know other teams 3rd line options?
I agree I think our expectations are often really high. But McCann has so far been a mid 30 point player (despite a good chunk of top 6 time early in the year), Tanev is a mid 20s guy and 28 years old, and Blueger is a mid 30 point player in his limited time. All three guys have to take steps forward to be a top end third line. Which is entirely possible (I personally think they can), but can't really hold it against people who disagree.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It’s clear that we need another top 9 winger before the season starts.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
It’s clear that we need another top 9 winger before the season starts.
SeL4JKiD_400x400.jpg

You rang?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's the line that makes sense. The only wrinkle is Poulin pushing onto the roster. But I'm not counting on him getting a shot yet. Feel like his time is next year. I'd prefer to be wrong here and he's ready to make an impact.
I prefer he got a chance next season too and not this year.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I prefer he got a chance next season too and not this year.
Id prefer we had great depth and he forced himself into the lineup by having a great preseason. Buuuut........

Hes been amazing at the Team Canada camp. Normally I wouldnt be one to pencil in prospects, but hes looking mighty solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad