Line Combos: HFPens Decides - 3rd Line Wingers

Who do you want as the third line wingers? Select two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Current lineup as per HFPens:

Zucker (100%)-Crosby-Kapanen (77%)
Guentzel (66%)-Malkin-Rust (97%)
eee-Blueger (67%)-ggg
hhh-iii-jjj
lll

Dumoulin (100%)-Letang
Matheson (56%)-Marino
ooo-ppp
qqq-rrr

Jarry-DeSmith

Poll #8 - Who do you want as the third line wingers? Select two.

Poll will be open for a few days, unless it is a blowout.

Rust to Guentzel-Malkin as I expected.

In this poll, vote for the wingers you want to see Blueger center. I've included Poulin and Angello just for some variety, as the last few polls have been boring as shit. Depending on the outcomes I may have a follow up poll on this.

Some assumptions and rules:
  1. You are to vote for what you want to see -- not what you expect the coaches to do. This is for the opening day lineup. Yes, it'll change throughout the season.
  2. Crosby and Malkin are the top two centers.
  3. Jarry is the starter and DeSmith is the backup.
  4. ZAR will be on the IR to start the season. This means he will not be listed as an option in any of the polls.
  5. In the top 4, defenseman will not play on their "off" side.
  6. I will not be listing players for positions they have not played at the NHL level. For example, I will not be listing Tanev as an option for the third line center.
  7. Due to the amount of one-way contracts, I will not be including Poulin and POJ (or other prospects) as voting options. Feel free to write them in as a vote, though. [okay, I guess I lied about Poulin not being listed]
  8. A majority vote is not needed to win. But we may have runoff polls if I deem the numbers to be too close.
Let me know of questions or concerns.

Previous threads:

Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - 20/21 Version
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Jake Guentzel
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Third Line Center
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Marino's Partner
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Give Sid a RW
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Letang's Partner
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Zucker
Line Combos: - HFPens Decides - Rust

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Went McCann and Sceviour. It was out of him and Tanev but I think Sceviour might surprise some here if what he can do.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Lafferty Jankowski Sceviour

tenor.gif

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
McCann and Tanev. I'd might prefer Poulin there, but he is very young and he would be best suited as a LW, IMO. No need to play out of position. If we voted McCann as the 3C, I might have voted Poulin and Rodrigues, so I can have Bluegers and Tanev on my L4 as the second match up line.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Has McCann ever lined up on the RW? I can't remember him there even when he was up in the top 6. As long as we're throwing shit on the wall, maybe it lets him be more of a shooter?

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
He's been a LW but not a RW.
That's what I thought, but can't claim to have any memory of him from when he played elsewhere. In a perfect world, it would be a 3a/3b set up and you could put Poulin-Jank-whomever (Rodriguez?) and not play them like a shut down line, but I doubt that's where we're going. In which case, just leave Poulin in WBS on the top line to play.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Third line will be McCann Jank and Kap (when he fails with Sid).

We will need to find another winger during the season unless dumbo signs someone before the season starts instead of pissing away more assets.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Web-of-lies.gif

Dumo was not unanimously voted for Letangs partner!!!! Lies lies lies, all of it lies!

Anyways. Tanev and McCann will probably play with Blue, but Poulin shouldnt get shoved to the 4th line. Tough choices.

PA seems to have a lot of issues counting votes properly. :lol:

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Anyways. Tanev and McCann will probably play with Blue, but Poulin shouldnt get shoved to the 4th line. Tough choices.
It’s WAY too early to have any opinion on a guy, Poulin, that’s never played in an NHL game.

It’s mind boggling that people have him penciled in their lineups, but have never seen the guy play.

Crazy. Haven’t we learned that many prospects don’t work out???? But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised after this board was obsessed with Bennett and even blindly defended Tangradi. It takes time for power forwards longer to develop!

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
It’s WAY too early to have any opinion on a guy, Poulin, that’s never played in an NHL game.

It’s mind boggling that people have him penciled in their lineups, but have never seen the guy play.

Crazy. Haven’t we learned that many prospects don’t work out???? But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised after this board was obsessed with Bennett and even blindly defended Tangradi. It takes time for power forwards longer to develop!
Ive been following the Team Canada reports on him, people are very impressed with how hes been doing. Im not penciling him anywhere, but I also dont want him buried on the roster getting 5 minutes of ice team. He needs to be given some skill to play with and some ice time to grow and learn. If thats 4th line minutes with some time with a few shifts with Crosby a game, great. If its 3rd line minutes and 2nd PP time, works too. Just dont bury the kid.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
This. I'd love to talk putting Poulin in there, and I think come camp maybe we are, but for me the good camp's got to happen first.

I haven’t seen anything to suggest he won’t have a good camp so I’m inclined to pencil him into the lineup. Tanev would be my choice otherwise.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
He and Jake were matching up on LW and RW randomly.

He isn’t a winger. So playing him on wing is throwing shit on the wall.

He played on Sids RW.

I went back through the GDTs in the 18-19 season after acquiring McCann and Bjugstad. McCann was never listed as a RW in any of the gameday lines. When he was with Crosby and Guentzel, McCann was always the LW. Doesn't mean they did not alternate throughout the game, though.

Nor does it mean McCann hasn't be a RW this season, but I've spent enough time on this. If you want though, here you go (GDTs):

Pittsburgh Penguins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad