Line Combos: HFPens Decided - 22/23 - Completed Lineup

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
It is decided. The NHL Lineup as decided by HFPens:

Guentzel (63%) - Crosby - Rakell (54%)
Zucker (47%) - Malkin - Rust (83%)
Heinen (56%) - Carter (67%) - Kapanen (84%)
Poehling (43.5% → 57%) - Blueger (84%) - McGinn (77%)
Zohorna (68%)

Dumoulin (81%) - Letang
Pettersson (81%) - Petry
Joseph (65%) - Rutta (100%) [3 abstained from voting on a LD]
Ruhwedel (50%)

Jarry - DeSmith

Cap hit of $82.267M

Just doing quick math, it looks like not a singular poster would have the same lineup as what the HFPens democracy selected. What're your lines to open the season? Assume full health.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think we did a remarkable job grasping Sullivan’s “duos” lol…i think the actual lineup will be similar; however unless things turn around for Poehling in the games, I think we‘re more likely to see DOC, Zohorna, Archy or Caggiula on L4 than him atm…

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think we did a remarkable job grasping Sullivan’s “duos” lol…i think the actual lineup will be similar; however unless things turn around for Poehling in the games, I think we‘re more likely to see DOC, Zohorna, Archy or Caggiula on L4 than him atm…
Well, I for one don't really accept the 'linking up' or 'duo' stuff. Ignoring that chemistry between lines is with _three_ players.... it just befuddles me. Subtracting a player from the equation is just an easier way of making something work in his favor.

You mentioning the duo daft sully brought back memories that I was hoping to see Sid and Geno playing on the same line... that'd be nice to see and Sully can let the youth take over 2/3/4 giving Carter a rest. That is if they have a capable youth farm.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Based on early information, I think we're going to see Ty Smith start in the AHL and a forward trade to clear cap space to have a 23-man roster.

I think Blueger gets traded, potentially to Minnesota, which really needs a bottom six center.

I'm also keeping Rakell on the right side after his comments about preferring to be there when he has lefthanded centers.

Guentzel-Crosby-Rakell
Zucker-Malkin-Rust
Heinen-Carter-Kapanen
O'Connor-Poehling-McGinn
Zohorna, Caggiula

Dumoulin-Letang
Pettersson-Petry
POJ-Rutta
Ruhwedel

Everyone else heads to the AHL unless they get picked up on waivers.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Minnesota would have the cap space to absorb Blueger's hit, so a trade there would make sense and actually work.
Also, Guerin is their GM, and like nearly every NHL executive, tends to prefer players he knows to ones he doesn't.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Minnesota would have the cap space to absorb Blueger's hit, so a trade there would make sense and actually work.
Also, Guerin is their GM, and like nearly every NHL executive, tends to prefer players he knows to ones he doesn't.
Blueger makes his home in Minnesota, so there'd be some additional appeal from the Wild, too.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Send us Addison back.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Where does Blueger fit in Minnesota?

Hartman -> Rossi -> Ek -> Gaudreau no?
According to Michael Russo, who is as tapped in as any beat writer in the NHL, Gaudreau is being shifted to wing so Rossi and Sam Steel can get center reps. He also said Rossi isn't a lock to make the team, although it's likely given their cap situation.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
So still. They are rolling Hartman Rossi Ek Steel? Why add Blueger?
Rossi and Steel are working 3rd/4th line center reps. Ek is No. 2, apparently.

They're being conservative with Rossi. Plus, Rossi and Steel are more offensive center. They may want someone who do the heavy lifting, potentially shifting Steel to wing.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Rossi and Steel are working 3rd/4th line center reps. Ek is No. 2, apparently.

They're being conservative with Rossi. Plus, Rossi and Steel are more offensive center. They may want someone who do the heavy lifting, potentially shifting Steel to wing.

They have arguably the best two way line in the league in the GRIEF line.

Ek takes all the difficult match ups.

Reactions: SEALBound

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I can imagine Guerin could find a way to incorporate Blueger into what they're doing if we were offering him for a song, but I think their centre depth is strong enough that there's no need for them to give value.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Guentzel-Sid-RR
DOC-Geno-Rust
Zucker-Carter-Kap
Heinen-BigZ-McGinn
Poehling
*Blue traded*

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions