Jake-Sid-Kappy
Zuck-Geno-Rust
McCann-Jank-Erod
Scev-Bleug-Tanev

Dumo-Letang
Math-Marino
Petts-Ceci

TJ/CDS

My hope is that Laffery lights it up and solidifies a spot at 3RW.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I don't like the lineup. Do over.

I'm betting:

Jake-Sid-Kappy
Zuck-Geno-Rust
McCann-Jank-Erod
Scev-Bleug-Tanev

Dumo-Letang
Math-Marino
Petts-Ceci

TJ/CDS

My hope is that Laffery lights it up and solidifies a spot at 3RW.

Once again, it's not what you bet or suspect to see, but what you'd like to see.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
The lineup that was voted on is actually what I had typed up maybe in October.

Anyway, I think Sully will go with:

Guentzel - Crosby - Kapanen

If I'm recalling correctly, Sullivan said that he plans on starting Kapanen with Crosby. And I think we all know that Jake is basically glued to Sid's hip.​

Zucker - Malkin - Rust

With Guentzel and Kapanen going to Sid, this leaves Malkin with the remaining top six wingers. Even though this line didn't click in the playoffs, I think there's potential for a super annoying and skilled line.​

[ZAR placeholder, likely McCann] - Blueger - Tanev

Since there's a shortened season, I think Sullivan will rely heavily on what he's familiar with. If that's the case, I do think he'll go to the BART line as soon as he can and they'll take the majority of D-zone starts. In the meantime, he'll use camp and preseason to see who meshes best with Blueger and Tanev in ZAR's absence. I think McCann or Rodrigues go here to start, with McCann having the edge.​

[Lafferty or Rodrigues] - Jankowski - Sceviour

For the season start, I expect Jankowski to center the 4th line. Lafferty and E-Rod will rotate in based on the weather. Once ZAR comes back, I see that separating McCann from B&T to this line. Then Jankowski and McCann will make up two-thirds of this line, with the final opening going to whoever best suits the line's role.​

Dumoulin - Letang

Sully to go with the familiar and with what works.​

Pettersson - Marino

Sully to go with the familiar and with what works.​

Matheson - Ceci

There's no way they don't start Matheson and I don't see Riikola playing over Ceci.​

Assuming Kapanen is seen as an upgrade on Horqvist... best line Sid has had since?

Also, excited to see Zucker over a full season in the top 6.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm pretty disappointed with Kapanen still being in Finland right now. You don't procrastinate with immigration when you got a camp to report for...especially when you have a new team and coach and we're in the midst of Covid. Pretty foreseeable that there could be complications with travel. The official statement from the NHL about training camps starting Jan. 3rd was sent out December 20th. But he decided to fly out Jan. 1st? That's my understanding from the Post-Gazette article anyway.

Now at the very least he'll miss half of camp. Hell, he could miss games. He needs to quarantine for a week.

I want to find some excuse for him but this just screams unprofessional and immature to me.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Ugh, this team needs a couple of young prospects to crack the lineup immediately.

poor-man-showing-his-empty-pockets-picture-id160298469

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Don’t listen to JR. I think it’s fairly clear Blue is Sully’s preferred choice for 3C.

McCann has been switched to wing when we could and Jank had an awful year so he’ll have to prove himself before he got a shot.

To update, Sullivan has confirmed a preference for JR's projected bottom 6 to start.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm pretty disappointed with Kapanen still being in Finland right now. You don't procrastinate with immigration when you got a camp to report for...especially when you have a new team and coach and we're in the midst of Covid. Pretty foreseeable that there could be complications with travel. The official statement from the NHL about training camps starting Jan. 3rd was sent out December 20th. But he decided to fly out Jan. 1st? That's my understanding from the Post-Gazette article anyway.

Now at the very least he'll miss half of camp. Hell, he could miss games. He needs to quarantine for a week.

I want to find some excuse for him but this just screams unprofessional and immature to me.

agree...new team, plans to play him on first line with players he hasn’t played with before and a great opportunity for him and he dawdles...he won’t be in the opening day lineup...

I’d like to see Jake-Sid-Poulin as a placeholder but my guess with Sully still employed is...
Jake-Sid-Rust and Geno can go F himself....

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
To update, Sullivan has confirmed a preference for JR's projected bottom 6 to start.
It’s very discouraging. I really think this team feels these clowns Rodrigues and Jank are third line players.

Now I understand why they signed these two on day one of free agency. They honestly feel these guys are legitimate top 9 players.

But I will never understand why they brought back Rodrigues if he couldn’t crack the roster in the playoffs.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
But I will never understand why they brought back Rodrigues if he couldn’t crack the roster in the playoffs.

Well when you damn near get swept, there aren't enough games to rack up injuries and pull guys in out of the pressbox.

You always need fill ins. Unless you think anyone in WBS is actually BETTER than Rodrigues...

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Holidays, he might have wanted to be home for them before the gauntlet bubble.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Well when you damn near get swept, there aren't enough games to rack up injuries and pull guys in out of the pressbox.

You always need fill ins. Unless you think anyone in WBS is actually BETTER than Rodrigues...
Lafferty even played in the playoffs...

Rodrigues is fine for a fill-in or strictly fourth line. But to say he’s a third liner suddenly is pretty bananas. Both JR and Sully have pretty much said he will play on the third line.

I just want to know what happened between the Habs series and when we signed Rodrigues that convinced dumb and dumber that he’s a top 9 player.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Lafferty even played in the playoffs...

Rodrigues is fine for a fill-in or strictly fourth line. But to say he’s a third liner suddenly is pretty bananas. Both JR and Sully have pretty much said he will play on the third line.

I just want to know what happened between the Habs series and when we signed Rodrigues that convinced dumb and dumber that he’s a top 9 player.

Then buckle up, watch them die by their swords and get fired

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Then buckle up, watch them die by their swords and get fired
I look forward to them both getting fired, but that’ll mean that this upcoming season was a failure.

They are still under contract after this season; I’m afraid one or maybe even both will survive another year if we the playoffs. I don’t think our penny pinching owners will want to pay two GM’s and two coaches.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I really badly want to see McCann/TB/Tanev for like... 10 games. Don't rush to take them apart. I want to see how it goes. My gut instinct is it could be one of those really weird amazing lines out of nowhere.

OR IT COULD BE BRUTAL. :laugh: But I need to see it for an extended period of time.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I really badly want to see McCann/TB/Tanev for like... 10 games. Don't rush to take them apart. I want to see how it goes. My gut instinct is it could be one of those really weird amazing lines out of nowhere.

OR IT COULD BE BRUTAL. :laugh: But I need to see it for an extended period of time.
I agree

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I hope to see Poulin or another rookie make the team. We could use an infusion of young talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->