OT: HFPens Community Lounge: All Are Welcome (No, Not You)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I have up and down days for productivity both at home and the office. There is distractions at both ends.

Being home does mean I spend 90 minutes less travelling. I do have a couple friends at work too so I miss that interaction especially these days as I won’t go to pubs or anything right now and we currently have laws about going to other peoples places right now (you can’t)

Laws that the police around here don’t actually enforce worth shit.

We are a full year into the pandemic and people are still being :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: about wearing a mask that is mandatory to enter shops. Blokes have been having parties and Cops haven’t done shit.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Laws that the police around here don’t actually enforce worth shit.

We are a full year into the pandemic and people are still being :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: about wearing a mask that is mandatory to enter shops. Blokes have been having parties and Cops haven’t done shit.

Im not going to visit people anyway. Too many don’t give a ****.

But on the funny side and totally unrelated, I LMFAO to this :laugh:

Last edited:

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Went crazy and bought 9 autographed 8x10 pictures (Lemieux, Jagr, Fleury, Letang, Malkin, Dupuis, Rust, Guentzel and Gonchar) for the man cave. Already have a signed Crosby jersey and a signed Crosby 8x10 (Rimouski days).

Pandemic needs to end so I can spend money on activities, not memorabilia :laugh:
Hello darling. I'm going shopping today, can I borrow the credit card please :D

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
No. As I said... I ain't THAT rich!
I'll be a good girl, promise
upload_2021-2-26_7-17-15.gif

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
No woman has ever kept that promise when "borrowing" a credit card.

I ain't THAT rich and I am certainly not THAT naive :laugh:

I'm sure @Clare2904 promises to bring back some Jagr Peanut Butter and other Pens related products.

Just saw this gem of a post on Reddit :laugh::

[I separated it into a few more paragraphs below]

"All while signaling properly and checking your blind spots the entire time, of course.

For example, the “West Liberty Ave Weave”. When going down 19/ West Liberty Ave from Mt Lebanon, you must be in the RIGHT lane by the time you hit Pamela’s to avoid the left turning clog up. Then, quickly shift to the LEFT lane in front of the church to avoid the slow turners to the right, and in less than 200 feet you need to be back in the RIGHT lane by the time you get to Jean Louis to avoid the atrocious unprotected left turners clogging up waiting for an invitation. Then, once you hit the Nissan Dealership 300 feet later, you’re back in the LEFT lane due to parked cars. You’re in that all the way down to Potomac Ave, where you quickly do a RIGHT- LEFT manuever to avoid the Potomac Ave turners. Once you hit the Eat N Park, congrats, you’ve succesfully beat the challenge.

Or, ”Run The Gauntlet”, or going from 279 through the Ft Pitt Tunnels as you come back from a day of shopping and gluttony at Ross Park Pall. Coming down 279 North after the Veteran’s Bridge split, you stay to the Far left all while 3 on ramps shoot motorists merging at comically fast speeds. A sign says “Ft Pitt Tunnel Right Lane” right as you pass PNC Park to your left. Everyone crashes to the right lane and immediately checks brakes to prepare for a merge of crazed motorists flying from the Ohio River Blvd, like Bowser chasing Peach with a cocked Blue Shell in tow. You think “noobs” and stay to the left, knowing you have the entire length of the Fort Duquense bridge to merge. You easily pass 7 dazed cars with looks of terror in their faces as they look over the shoulder. You drop the hammer and glide across that bridge and know there will be a hole the size of a Port Authority Bus waiting for you.

You go over 1 lane, and then another, your wife screams “200 feet!” as the Ft Duquesne bridge runs out of length. You’re cooler than a bag of ice from Giant Eagle. BOOM! There’s the hole. You glide over with the flick of a wrist. But now the PRO move, you go over ANOTHER lane. The RIGHT lane? Yes, the RIGHT lane. The crowd gasps. You are halfway to running the gauntlet. “But it says Ft Pitt Tunnel Left Lane!” Too soon junior. As everyone in the left lane brake checks like the final stretch of the Perogie race has crossed over to the Point Park, there’s you, gracefully moving like Saurkraut Saul in the RIGHT lane. You easily go past 10 cars standing still.

Oh no, people are merging from the bathtub to the right. That’s fine, they heed you because no one merges with speed in Pittsburgh. You glide past. In the left lane, every dad in their Sienna have their heads cocked back so far it would impress a Great Barn Owl, but you’re looking ahead. Still. In. The. Right. Lane. “Doesn’t this lane go to McKees Rocks? It’s dangerous there!” You smirk, saying “if we would go that way...” BANG! You hit the right lane on the dreaded Ft Pitt Bridge at a 25 mph stroll. The guy beside you in the left lane is shoeing off a Panhandler while trying to merge in front of a Matt Mertz plumbing van from a deadlock. You glide around it like LeVeon Bell in 2016.

THERE IT IS, another hole. Blinker on, you activate your second to last move. You have probably about 5 good seconds before you would run into the divider and your entire bloodline may literally die, but it’s fine. It’s the Ft Pitt Bridge, the Catalina Wine Mixer of merging. MISSION SUCCESS, you’re now in the middle lane that will become the right lane as the bridge divides. But you, more seasoned than Big Ben in the pocket, you deliver another gem. You notice another hole in the left lane, and take it.

You know the RIGHT LANERS in the Ft Pitt Bridge will easily slam the brakes 13 times, and we ain’t about that life. We hit the Greentree Hill with speed. That’s the motto of the LEFT LANERS in the Ft Pitt Bridge. I didn’t choose that life, the left lane chose me. You come screaming through the Ft Pitt Tunnels. Your passengers thing you are some yinzer version of The Transporter. Mission Success, you have ran the gauntlet."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogrezilla

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Work: we want to invent the wheel
Me: well, it is already invented. This is the wheel, this is how it works, it rolls and is circular and stuff, reinventing it wont get us anywhere
Work: we are going to reinvent it
Work: this is the wheel, it rolls, and is circular and stuff
Me: no shit, idiots, nothing has changed, I already told you I figured out the best wheel already, f***
Work: well, just do more paperwork and show that the wheel is the wheel
Me: f*** off

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Me: well, it is already invented. This is the wheel, this is how it works, it rolls and is circular and stuff, reinventing it wont get us anywhere
Me: no shit, idiots, nothing has changed, I already told you I figured out the best wheel already, f***

You don’t have to reinvent the wheel but you can find new uses for said wheel

yAB1JV6.gif

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

What about this do I not get?

Is it a dick joke or a wat!?

'I have a phd'... (I was assuming) 'A pretty big difference'.... 'than not having one' .... 'feeding dolphin?'

Where the hell did dolphin come from?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

You don’t have to reinvent the wheel but you can find new uses for said wheel

yAB1JV6.gif

iu

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Going to be brewing another beer today. I'm going for a Strong Ale. Should be around 7.5% when it's finished.

I f...n hate the South Hills.

I hate when people call Crafton (my home town) part of the South Hills. For starters, it's nearly due west of the point. It's also next to the WEST END and WESTWOOD. And it doesn't have access to the T, which I pretty much count as a requirement to be considered part of the South Hills.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Going to be brewing another beer today. I'm going for a Strong Ale. Should be around 7.5% when it's finished.

I hate when people call Crafton (my home town) part of the South Hills. For starters, it's nearly due west of the point. It's also next to the WEST END and WESTWOOD. And it doesn't have access to the T, which I pretty much count as a requirement to be considered part of the South Hills.
People are easily confused by the actual geography of the rivers. If you get there by crossing the Fort Pitt Bridge going away from downtown, people think it's the south hills. Even if you immediately turn west or north west.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Your west Liberty weave is very much burned into my brain.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I f...n hate the South Hills.
I don't think I've lived in the best representations of each, but I've lived in Oakland, Dormont, Observatory Hill, Neville Island, and now Beechview. Of those, the South Hills have definitely been my favorite area to live, but my least favorite to drive.
Your west Liberty weave is very much burned into my brain.
f*** West Liberty :laugh: :cry: Beechview is 10x better than Dormont just because I live on the Banksville side of West Liberty so I don't have to drive on it nearly as often. Just as a bonus, it's also super shitty for walking/running because the sidewalks are super narrow on most of it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I hate when I'm coming out of the Liberty Tubes (heading away from the city) and have no clue what lane I need to be in. Or having any space to correct a mistake. I don't drive that area enough to have it figured out yet. And I am seemingly going different places each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad