OT: HFPens Community Lounge: All Are Welcome (No, Not You)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Anyone here have adjustable dumbbells? Looking for suggestions. It's been about a month since I used dumbbells and I miss them. I know the adjustable ones are more expensive but I'm willing to spend that.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I'm just gonna leave this here, for Reasons.
20210223_090512.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Anyone here have adjustable dumbbells? Looking for suggestions. It's been about a month since I used dumbbells and I miss them. I know the adjustable ones are more expensive but I'm willing to spend that.
I have bow flex ones I keep at my office but I have the Rogue set of dumbbells at home. This is before the price gauging assholes do now for weights. The bow flex ones are good, they've served me well.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Buying a switch for my kid (and myself=])

Anyone have any recommendations... anything I should know to look out for.... or any kick ass games/accessories...
What kinds of games?

Some obvious great games like Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, etc.

A nice cheap game that I think kids would like too is Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle. It's like a simplified tactical RPG game and it is about 100x better than it has any right to be. And it's probably cheap at this point since it's not actually from Nintendo.

Also, buy a pro controller or two. They aren't cheap, but they are cheaper than breaking the joycons. Joycons are fine for slow paced/menu based type games, but any games with real jerk movements will be way better with a pro controller.

Also I agree with everything Big said. Three Houses is great if you like tactical RPG's at all, Valkyria Chronicles 4 is really good (so is the first one, which is also on the switch store) and two other RPG's I'd add are Battle Chasers Nightwar and Dragon Quest XI. Neither are groundbreaking, but they are just solid turn based RPG's. I just love the switch for turn based games because its so easy to just stop playing at any moment and come back an hour or a week later to exactly the same spot. If you get Dragon Quest, make sure to turn the combat to the full turn based mode with control of everyone though, the normal mode is pretty dumb to only control one person.

Hades is probably the best single player game I've played in years. It's a perfect amount of replayability, variation from run to run, progression, a touch of story, fun action, and the ability to play it all damn day or for 30 minutes once a week and be great both ways.

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Friday is bonus day at work, but we were just given the actual numbers. This time round it's making up 26.5% of my pay for the past year.

However, damn taxes! No clue how much I'll get to keep.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Friday is bonus day at work, but we were just given the actual numbers. This time round it's making up 26.5% of my pay for the past year.

However, damn taxes! No clue how much I'll get to keep.

Last year I asked my employer not to take out any tax on the bonus. I take a little extra out for tax throughout the year. Worked out ok because my annual tax return was a small gain.

It’s slightly gambling but budgets are what I do for a living so I’d hope I would have been fairly close in my estimate

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Video game question for you guys. Has anyone here gotten a next generation xbox yet, and have opinions on whether it's worth upgrading from an xbox one S?

I've had terrible luck getting a PS5, but I did manage to get an xbox series S in my shopping cart. I don't play a ton of xbox games, but I have pre-ordered MLB The Show and already have NHL 21 and the new Ori game (which I've already beaten but it's a very re-playable game IMO). I definitely want to get the new PS5 because I have 2 years of PS Now and I really want the new Ratchet and Clank game, but I'm just not sure if I should also upgrade my Xbox.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh man I forgot how much of a gong show last year spring break was. These dumb under 30 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: are going to make it so my wedding will be just me, my fiancé, the commissioner, and camera people.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Lololol I got beeped at for riding my bike in the bike lane on my way home from work and had to show that driver (old woman) it was a bike lane as she drove by, on top of that a customer at my work tries to get me to react to him because he's having a shitty day plus other things happened to me at work. Thank god I got the day off tomorrow.

Reactions: EightyOne

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Oh man I forgot how much of a gong show last year spring break was. These dumb under 30 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: are going to make it so my wedding will be just me, my fiancé, the commissioner, and camera people.

I don't know if Viet weddings are as long and boring as Taiwanese weddings, but if they are, you're at least spared from having to change outfits 5 times and make 45 toasts (but you can't drink any of them) and not being able to eat the dinner you paid for. So, silver linings?

Reactions: EightyOne

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
There will likely be xbox bundles this holiday season that will provide more value for than the current price point. There have yet to be any exclusive series X games and the best ones are rumored to be released at the end of this year or 2022 at the earliest. I would wait on a next gen xbox, but if you do buy one, get the X and not S. X has much better power and is future proofed. The S is fairly weak.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't know if Viet weddings are as long and boring as Taiwanese weddings, but if they are, you're at least spared from having to change outfits 5 times and make 45 toasts (but you can't drink any of them) and not being able to eat the dinner you paid for. So, silver linings?
She didn't want to do traditional because neither of us are. She was born in the US and me in the UK and our parents were like "go to a court and get this done already" so yeah haha.

But the place I paid for is essentially a penthouse suite at a swanky hotel in Vancouver downtown. The entire floor and rooms on the floor because they told me "if you're loud we have to charge you for all the rooms on the floor" so I said just charge me anyway and I want all of those rooms even if I don't use them, why? Because f*** anyone that would have complained to exploit that.

I plan to poop and pee in all the washrooms so they have to clean all the rooms after.

You'll think that's petty. But it do be like that mate.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
She didn't want to do traditional because neither of us are. She was born in the US and me in the UK and our parents were like "go to a court and get this done already" so yeah haha.

But the place I paid for is essentially a penthouse suite at a swanky hotel in Vancouver downtown. The entire floor and rooms on the floor because they told me "if you're loud we have to charge you for all the rooms on the floor" so I said just charge me anyway and I want all of those rooms even if I don't use them, why? Because f*** anyone that would have complained to exploit that.

I plan to poop and pee in all the washrooms so they have to clean all the rooms after.

You'll think that's petty. But it do be like that mate.

Nah, respect. :laugh: It sucks you won't have your crazy party, but on the upside-- swanky shitting with the door open!

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

I only got into Avatar/Korra last summer cause they were added to Netflix. When they originally aired they were a bit out of my age range, if that makes sense? Always heard good things about those series. But I love them both. Avatar more so than Korra, but Korra has my favorite character:

tenor.gif

CC @Peat

Thanks to Facebook memories, I apparently drew -- nay! PAINTED -- this four years ago:

Lp25Tsz.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad