HFOil Voting Thread (MATCHUPS IN POLLS SECTION)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
How is Edmonton in the top 4?

They have a guy that is going to retire on the 3rd line, a junior player on the 4th line, 2 bottom pairing d-men in the top 4, and two guys on the bottom pairing that have a chance of not making their teams opening night rosters. Not to mention a 2C that is coming off a brutal season. 32pts -28 +/-

Because that 2C is 21 years old and would likely bounce back in that role. DeBrincat is turning pro this year and could possibly make the Hawks out of camp. And the defense is still 6 NHL level defensemen despite them being the team's glaring weakness.

I had Edmonton to three in the West because they look strong. I had Tampa Bay missing the playoffs because they were a one line team.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
TB is super legit. Johnson and Forsberg on 2nd line = one line team ?

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Saddled to the highly skilled....Kevin Labanc. That is a top heavy roster with a sub-NHL bottom six. And that defense would get victimized. Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinions but that was honestly one of the weaker rosters.

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
His defense is very solid. The #4 is Edmundson but if you look at the 3 other remaining contenders they have Hamhuis, Bogo and McQuaid as #4s, none stands out to me. It seemed hard to get more than 3 good dmen if you also wanted offense (except me, my top4 is amazing :D).

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
Apologies to the GM, but how the hell is that Tampa team in the final four? Their defense has three legitimate top four defensemen with at least two non-NHL regulars and Brian Dumoulin on its top pairing.

Their offense is pretty sparse as well beyond their top line. Not to mention Raddysh is a junior player.

Interesting voting guys.

Dumoulin was the glue that held the pens defense together this spring, not sure what youre on about. Different opinions I guess.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
How is Edmonton in the top 4?

They have a guy that is going to retire on the 3rd line, a junior player on the 4th line, 2 bottom pairing d-men in the top 4, and two guys on the bottom pairing that have a chance of not making their teams opening night rosters. Not to mention a 2C that is coming off a brutal season. 32pts -28 +/-

Not to mention the cardinal sin of playing Daley on his weak side. I felt I made a cogent argument, and then the other GM no-showed his way to a series win. What can you do I guess? :dunno:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Not to mention the cardinal sin of playing Daley on his weak side. I felt I made a cogent argument, and then the other GM no-showed his way to a series win. What can you do I guess? :dunno:

Draft McDavid, apparently. :laugh:

Sorry, no disrespect intended to the GM, but a team with a Hanifin-Ghost top pairing (and downhill from there) wouldn't win anything.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Draft McDavid, apparently. :laugh:

Sorry, no disrespect intended to the GM, but a team with a Hanifin-Ghost top pairing (and downhill from there) wouldn't win anything.

Nope. It's becoming more apparent that we could've ended this draft after the first few rounds. Roster depth had no impact on the overall outcome of the voting.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I personally don't think Anaheim's team is that great either. I think McDavid, Ehlers, Talbot and Neal > Getzlaf, Skinner, Vlasic, Bishop. Anaheim's bottom 9 is old and slow. The defense doesn't have great puck movers. Not a fan of the mix.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I don't know why you guys are surprised the Oilers and Rangers made it so far. I personally had them ranked atop thier respective conferences. Drafting 1/2 in these things is a beyond ridiculous advantage, but both guys added decently around them. To be honest both could've done a waaaaay better jobt though.

I look at the Oilers and think how the hell does a team stop thier speed and size combo. The defence is nearing crap territory, but good enough to win, plus they provide a ton of offence. Also Talbot covers a ton of warts as he did for the real Oilers (as we all know). As for the Rangers he basically built the Penguins that just won, but with a better defence. Obvious downgrade being 2C.

In real life I feel that Oilers team dominates the Ducks. No way that team can contain the youthful offence. Rangers should win overall though.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Yikes.. what a weak final.

It's basically Crosby and D that are good but all playing a bit above where they should vs C depth and worse D. No offense to the GMs who are involved.

My Flyers beat both of these teams in the finals IMO.

Voted Anaheim for C depth and vets

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad