HFOil Voting Thread (MATCHUPS IN POLLS SECTION)

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Hes my Vezina darkhorse. I'm surprised your squad missed.

So Mrazek is not starter material (after one bad year on an awful team) and Scott Darling (3 years older SC contender backup) is a darkhorse Vezina. You have... interesting opinions on goalies.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
So Mrazek is not starter material (after one bad year on an awful team) and Scott Darling (3 years older SC contender backup) is a darkhorse Vezina. You have... interesting opinions on goalies.

I do have strong opinions. lol. Just a strong gut feel on my part. I think very highly of Darling. Especially on the Canes. Mrazek was a tire fire last year, which was a major part of the the Wings struggles.

I think I see a Talbot situation brewing with Darling. I could be wrong though.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

I agree with him, which is why I chose him. Darling has trended extremely well since entering the league late. He tracks the puck very well and he would've likely broken in earlier had he not had to battle personal issues early on.

The Hurricanes obviously saw something they liked in regards to Darling. And both the Wings and the Knights saw something they didn't in regards to Mrazek.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
A year ago Mrazek was extremely valuable as a young #1 goalie. One bad season doesn't change much for me. I think I got him at a really good spot and he's probably in the 20-23 range for goalies. I have him ahead of Lehner (who I'm going against). I think with my defense, it shouldn't even matter.

Just my opinion. I thought Boston and Toronto were two of the best teams so too bad I may got knocked out by them.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I agree with him, which is why I chose him. Darling has trended extremely well since entering the league late. He tracks the puck very well and he would've likely broken in earlier had he not had to battle personal issues early on.

The Hurricanes obviously saw something they liked in regards to Darling. And both the Wings and the Knights saw something they didn't in regards to Mrazek.

I was more highlighting the boldness of the assessments. A good dose of what have you done for me lately always helps.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
A year ago Mrazek was extremely valuable as a young #1 goalie. One bad season doesn't change much for me. I think I got him at a really good spot and he's probably in the 20-23 range for goalies. I have him ahead of Lehner (who I'm going against). I think with my defense, it shouldn't even matter.

Just my opinion. I thought Boston and Toronto were two of the best teams so too bad I may got knocked out by them.
With Ladd, Pouliot, and Versteeg in the top 9 forwards, I think Boston is way stronger at forward. It doesn't look like the vote will go that way though.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
With Ladd, Pouliot, and Versteeg in the top 9 forwards, I think Boston is way stronger at forward. It doesn't look like the vote will go that way though.

Those are all top 9 players and I can afford to have a few weaker wingers in there with Seguin, Monahan, Jarnkrok down the middle. I would argue Ladd, Versteeg, Pouliot is better than Dadanov, Soderberg, Eriksson. Eriksson and Soderberg were horrible last year and Dadanov is a complete mystery box on your 1st line. Ladd's contract is horrible but he's still a good player. Had more goals last year than Zucker and Toffoli..

I think our teams are really close. Homer vote, but I like my forward group more which is the difference for me.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
One of the bigger surprises for me is Tampa over Ottawa right now.. Ottawa's forwards outside of Couture, Coyle and Radulov aren't great but that Slavin-Karlsson pairing and Bobrovsky in net is ridiculous. I think Tampa just has sexier names like Toews and Lundqvist.

Also Edmonton should not be winning but that's just me.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
No question. Not to mention drafting household names likely did wonders in swaying the vote.

Yeah this is my excuse anyways.. i thought i would for sure make playoffs at least with a deep 2-way team and some good young talent who made some waves last season and could be staples in their lineups next season (Lehkonen, Point (both with 18 goals), dotchin and ladue) and solid veterans and mentors around them.

In the end everyone puts more thought into their own team than anyone voting. Haha

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
One of the bigger surprises for me is Tampa over Ottawa right now.. Ottawa's forwards outside of Couture, Coyle and Radulov aren't great but that Slavin-Karlsson pairing and Bobrovsky in net is ridiculous. I think Tampa just has sexier names like Toews and Lundqvist.

As the owner of the team Edmonton is currently beating... no shame in losing to McDavid. It's super tight tho so who knows. I was up six votes this morning so...

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

They elected Trump didn't they.

(and hitler)

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I think I did vote Tampa above my Sens in the regular season.

They have a nice good top 6 and a good goalie as well as Burns.

I also think they are a smaller team with holes on defense and a weaksauce botom six though.

In any case I thought the Sens would win a couple playoff rounds before the lack of star power would hurt them.

I'm still happy with how the team panned out.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Next round..

small.png
vs.
small.png

small.png
vs.
small.png

small.png
vs.
small.png

small.png
vs.
small.png

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Apologies to the GM, but how the hell is that Tampa team in the final four? Their defense has three legitimate top four defensemen with at least two non-NHL regulars and Brian Dumoulin on its top pairing.

Their offense is pretty sparse as well beyond their top line. Not to mention Raddysh is a junior player.

Interesting voting guys.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Apologies to the GM, but how the hell is that Tampa team in the final four? Their defense has three legitimate top four defensemen with at least two non-NHL regulars and Brian Dumoulin on its top pairing.

Their offense is pretty sparse as well beyond their top line. Not to mention Raddysh is a junior player.

Interesting voting guys.

Didn't realize discord nuck fanboys could wreck the game?

I havnt checked all the names but I know at one point a lot of the voters were the 15 year old nuck fan variety. but I think it was 5 or 6 at that point not 30.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008

Interesting voting guys.

How is Edmonton in the top 4?

They have a guy that is going to retire on the 3rd line, a junior player on the 4th line, 2 bottom pairing d-men in the top 4, and two guys on the bottom pairing that have a chance of not making their teams opening night rosters. Not to mention a 2C that is coming off a brutal season. 32pts -28 +/-

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->