Prospect Info: HFOil Top Prospects Rankings - #1

Who is the Oilers' #1 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Close between Yamamoto and Bouchard for me, but went with the freshly drafted guy with absurd OHL numbers.

I assume Pulju is graduated from prospect status now?

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
Close between Yamamoto and Bouchard for me, but went with the freshly drafted guy with absurd OHL numbers.

I assume Pulju is graduated from prospect status now?
If everyone wants him in, I can add him (I assume he'd be #1), but he's played nearly 100 games, so I don't consider him a prospect anymore.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
JP not a prospect.

Bouchard easily at #1.

Yama @ 2.

After that it honestly doesn't matter. No true blue chip prospects left but some performing very well.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Nice list. Post our top 10 prospect list from 3 years ago and compare. Not even close.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
JP not a prospect.

Bouchard easily at #1.

Yama @ 2.

After that it honestly doesn't matter. No true blue chip prospects left but some performing very well.
You could argue McLeod is close, especially with his skating.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
I was gonna say Puljujarvi. I still consider him a prospect. Hard to say where Benson stands in this group. He could be up there with Yamamoto and Bouchard. Training camp should be interesting. Hopefully a few of these prospects show well.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
You could argue McLeod is close, especially with his skating.

I agree. However I don't want to be too influenced because he is one of the shiney new prospects. From the little I've heard he sounds like a very sound NHL prospect that is closer to the NHL already than say Benson. I have no idea how the heck he fell to 40 or Bouchard to 10. Really great/amazing "looking" picks for where we got them and just in general.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
I hope I'm wrong, but I foresee Bouchard being a train wreck in the defensive zone.

I heard as this year progressed he managed to be very D-Friendly at the same time as putting up points. Im hoping hell take another step forward if they leave him off of the Edmonton Trainwreck's roster

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I agree. However I don't want to be too influenced because he is one of the shiney new prospects. From the little I've heard he sounds like a very sound NHL prospect that is closer to the NHL already than say Benson. I have no idea how the heck he fell to 40 or Bouchard to 10. Really great/amazing "looking" picks for where we got them and just in general.
This draft made zero sense and probably made a lot of scouting agencies feel useless and drink.

Reactions: GreeningOil

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Not surprised Bouchard is winning, but I am surprised it is such a run away. I think Yamo in many ways is a more complete player.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

He’s definitely not closer to the NHL than Benson, Benson will probably get some games in this year.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I think it’s Bouchard hands down honestly. He could’ve easily been a top 5 pick.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Bouchard is the #1 prospect as he was the #1 pick in this draft.

Yamamoto isn't far behind though. I would have taken Yamamoto top 3 in this draft if it would have been his draft year.

Oilers have 2 exceptionally elite level prospects in those 2.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Bouchard, another vote for my boy Lagesson. He might not make the team out of camp but he won’t be in the AHL for long. Kid’s a gamer and damn near NHL ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad