Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2018 (Poll #7)

Who is the Oilers #7 Prospect?

• Joe Gambardella

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hayden Hawkey

• Philip Kemp

• Ryan Mantha

• John Marino

• Graham McPhee

• Joel Persson

• Patrick Russell

• Dylan Wells

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
yeh... Draisaitl the sniper... His shot is worse than McDavids. RNH now has a better shot than both.
Yet both players have more goals in each of the past two seasons than any season of RNHs career. Nuge probably has the best wrist shot coming off the rush. But in terms of overall shooting, Drai and McDavid are both comfortably ahead of Nuge.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Anyone have The Athletic who would tell us the Oilers’ prospects who are listed among the top-50 drafted prospects?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
It should be pretty obvious. Bouchard and Yamamoto are locks, and anyone else isn’t likely. Unless you’re wondering where they’re ranked
Yeah, I assumed those were our only top-50 prospects but I wondered where they placed.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yet both players have more goals in each of the past two seasons than any season of RNHs career. Nuge probably has the best wrist shot coming off the rush. But in terms of overall shooting, Drai and McDavid are both comfortably ahead of Nuge.

Nuge was working on his onetimer last season, hopefully he continues to improve on that area of his game. IMO Nuge may have the best wrister, but the others are able to score in more ways. IMO Nuge is quite good at deflections too.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nuge was working on his onetimer last season, hopefully he continues to improve on that area of his game. IMO Nuge may have the best wrister, but the others are able to score in more ways. IMO Nuge is quite good at deflections too.
Hopefully all three of them keep working on their scoring. If RNH spends a large part of his season with McDavid at ES, and the top PP unit gets figured out again there is no reason Drai and RNH shouldn't be pushing 30 (or more). I'll be happy if Connor can hit 40 again.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I honestly don't know if Yamamoto is held in that high regard by outside pundits.

I mean he was selected 22nd overall and is smallish and hasn't lit it up in his short stint in the NHL. I'm honestly wondering just how highly he's actually thought of by those that "unbiasedly" rank prospects... if there is such a thing. :)

Last edited:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I missed the vote but would have voted Skinner again. Everyone’s allergic to voting goalies apparently. I’d have him and Rodrigue both pretty high. That could be team Canada’s goalie tandem at next years world juniors.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I missed the vote but would have voted Skinner again. Everyone’s allergic to voting goalies apparently. I’d have him and Rodrigue both pretty high. That could be team Canada’s goalie tandem at next years world juniors.
Skinner isn’t even eligible he’s a 98

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Skinner isn’t even eligible he’s a 98
He has another year of junior eligibility.

“Whatever they decide I’m happy with and I’ll be working as hard as I can no matter where I am. If it’s playing pro I’m super excited. I’ll take all the experience I’ve learned and keep growing.” Stuart Skinner after signing his ELC

Camp notes: Stuart Skinner anxious to start pro career

Edit: Never minD your right. November birthday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad