Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2018 (Poll #7)

Who is the Oilers #7 Prospect?

• Joe Gambardella

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hayden Hawkey

• Philip Kemp

• Ryan Mantha

• John Marino

• Graham McPhee

• Joel Persson

• Patrick Russell

• Dylan Wells

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Congratulations to poll #6 winner:

BvF9emv.png

Kirill Maksimov

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2018
1) Evan Bouchard - RD - London Knights - OHL - 74%
2) Kailer Yamamoto - RW - Spokane Chiefs - WHL - 93%
3) Ethan Bear - RD - Bakersfield Condors - AHL - 49%
4) Tyler Benson - LW - Vancouver Giants - WHL - 36%
5) Ryan McLeod - C - Mississauga Steelheads - OHL - 37%
6) Kirill Maksimov - RW - Niagara IceDogs - OHL - 48%

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Still some really good options to select from: Jones, Skinner, Marody, Safin, Lagesson, Berglund and a few others I think are solid prospects. Our top 10 list of prospects is going to be quite solid. I think Jones will win this one, then Skinner and Marody probably take #8 and #9 (or in reversed order). Number 10 should be interesting, but think I would go with Safin. He really intrigues me with his skill and size. Will take a couple seasons for him to grow into his body, but I think he has a legit shot at being a 2nd/3rd line winger on the left side. Not bad for a prospect who might not even make our top 10. Hope springs eternal.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Stuey.

How's Rasanen been doing?

I thought Rasanen had an odd year. Despite a good stretch in late November/early December I thought he looked overwhelmed with BC. He was clearly outplayed by fellow Oilers prospect Graham McPhee. However, at the WJC he was excellent for the Finns. I thought he was the thier most reliable, consistent forward.

That's been the case with Rasanen for a while though. Underwhelming with his club team, excellent internationally

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Lagesson
Skinner
Rodrigue
Marody
Jones
Safin
Berglund

Shouldn't the best goalie from this years draft make our top 10?

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Warning - Hot Take: The Swedes have passed Jones.

Went with Berglund. Big fan of his progress and potential.
Maybe in popular vote but he’ll be better than some of those already taken. Jones had better prevail now or I’m giving up on some of you.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Warning - Hot Take: The Swedes have passed Jones.

Went with Berglund. Big fan of his progress and potential.

That’s a hot take there Nielson.

I don’t necessarily disagree either. I’m a big Lagesson booster. Jones got better as the year went on, though, and I bet he sees his first NHL taste this year. Went with Jones but there are about five guys that wouldn’t be outlandish at this spot.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Id say marody is better than macleod. Based on a couple scraps on the internet.

(Im serious)

McLeod could be McDavid’s winger and score 40 in this league. He could also be a faster Strome.

His skating will take him to the NHL, no doubt in my mind, but he and Maksimov are the biggest boom/bust prospects we have imo.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Staying strong with my pick. Hopefully he comes off the board soon so I can pick someone else before the list is done. :D

Speaking of Swedes... Persson's gonna start creeping into conversation in a couple more polls. Big season for him coming up.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
McLeod could be McDavid’s winger and score 40 in this league. He could also be a faster Strome.

His skating will take him to the NHL, no doubt in my mind, but he and Maksimov are the biggest boom/bust prospects we have imo.

I just don't see it with McLeod. I'd say he'll likely make it, but I don't see more than a guy who settles in as a 3rd liner. Nothing to scoff at, but don't know if he puts it all together in a Top-6 role.

But like you were alluding to, with McDavid as your centerman, if you can skate, you can probably score 20-20-40 on his wing no problem.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
That’s a hot take there Nielson.

I don’t necessarily disagree either. I’m a big Lagesson booster. Jones got better as the year went on, though, and I bet he sees his first NHL taste this year. Went with Jones but there are about five guys that wouldn’t be outlandish at this spot.

I like Jones and think he's got a really good chance to be an NHLer, but last season makes me question his upside a little.

That rough of a professional debut doesn't bode well for a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none type of defenseman like Jones, IMO.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I wouldn't call Maksimov boom/bust.

I think he has everything you want in a bottom six winger if he doesn't make the top six for whatever reason. That's mainly why I would have him at #3. He has as high of a ceiling as anyone after Bouch/Yam, but has a fairly high floor compared to a lot of guys.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

Id suggest mcleod has had criticism for not putting all the tools to work...he has a good upside and wheels but id guess marody has more of a complete game and is closer to making a jump.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wouldn't call Maksimov boom/bust.

I think he has everything you want in a bottom six winger if he doesn't make the top six for whatever reason. That's mainly why I would have him at #3. He has as high of a ceiling as anyone after Bouch/Yam, but has a fairly high floor compared to a lot of guys.

Trust me I love Maksimov and I think if all goes right (unlikely) we’ve got the second coming of Neal on our hands. Middle ground I think is a Perron type, low end is Pouliot.

He’s got the shot, McLeod’s got the wheels. I think in today’s game the skating ability is more important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->