Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2018 (Poll #4)

Who is the Oilers #4 Prospect?

• Filip Berglund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hayden Hawkey

• Philip Kemp

• Ryan Mantha

• Graham McPhee

• Joel Persson

• Aapeli Rasanen

• Oliver Rodrigue

• Patrick Russell

• Dmitri Samorukov

• Dylan Wells

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Congratulations to poll #3 winner:

0pSVg5D.png

ETHAN BEAR

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2018
1) Evan Bouchard - RD - London Knights - OHL - 74%
2) Kailer Yamamoto - RW - Spokane Chiefs - WHL - 93%
3) Ethan Bear - RD - Bakersfield Condors - WHL - 49%

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I could see a lot of regression for Bear next year, but definitely the deserved #3 IMO. This one is harder for me. I could see the case for any of the following:

Benson - he hasn't progressed as I hoped, but he has exciting pedigree and is still progressing. Plus he's rebounding from a flurry of injuries that he's hopefully moving on from - he was fully healthy all of last year, no?
Ryan McLeod - I didn't like this pick, but he's got some impressive tools. Probably not my pick here but I can see why others would vote him.
Jones - had a rough year, but was impressive before that.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Lagesson for me, but that will change if he doesn't impress in TC/pre-season. I have a feeling that he'll be putting up a good challenge for 3LD.

Otherwise Benson or Maksimov for me.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Went with Mcleod. I was a lot higher on the guy than others before the draft. Was thrilled we got him.

It was between Mcleod/Maximov/Jones for me here. Went with Mcleod because I think he has the most upside/likelihood of reaching that upside out of the guys remaining.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It’s a good sign that there about 6-7 names I could reasonably see in this spot.

Went with Benson but McLeod or Maksimov are good choices.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Other than pedigree I don't see why Benson would be considered better than Maksimov

Benson has a much more versatile skillset IMO. Main reason for him over Maksimov, other than pedigree. Benson still has the possibility to be anything in the NHL from a top 6 player to a 4th line checker. Maksimov is gonna be a shooter or bust I think.

Reactions: FlameChampion

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Congratulations to poll #4 winner:

0pSVg5D.png

ETHAN BEAR

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2018
1) Evan Bouchard - RD - London Knights - OHL - 74%
2) Kailer Yamamoto - RW - Spokane Chiefs - WHL - 93%
3) Ethan Bear - RD - Bakersfield Condors - WHL - 49%

Although I voted for Tyler Benson as the #4 prospect, due to the potential I think he can bring, it's kind of moot since Bear's won the #4 spot along with #3. :D

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I've gone with Benson. First off season he's been able to train for a few seasons, so should see a improvement. He's had a lot of injuries, hope they're in his past now and don't bother him again.

Was considering Kirill. If Benson gets this round I'll vote for him next round.

Reactions: Aerrol

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I went with Skinner here. It’s close between Benson, McLeod, Maksimov and him.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I could see a lot of regression for Bear next year, but definitely the deserved #3 IMO. This one is harder for me. I could see the case for any of the following:

Benson - he hasn't progressed as I hoped, but he has exciting pedigree and is still progressing. Plus he's rebounding from a flurry of injuries that he's hopefully moving on from - he was fully healthy all of last year, no?
Ryan McLeod - I didn't like this pick, but he's got some impressive tools. Probably not my pick here but I can see why others would vote him.
Jones - had a rough year, but was impressive before that.

Benson had a great year in my opinion and he didn't look out of place at all in his 5 AHL games. He contributed 3 points

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
So we wait two weeks for prospect #4 thread and the poll lasts 10 minutes...

I would have taken McLeod.

Benson really hasn't impressed yet imo. This is a big year for Benson. Hope he can stay healthy and show some significant improvement at the AHL level + maybe even earn a cup of coffee.

slim2001

Aug 2, 2008
Alberta
So we wait two weeks for prospect #4 thread and the poll lasts 10 minutes...

I would have taken McLeod.

Benson really hasn't impressed yet imo. This is a big year for Benson. Hope he can stay healthy and show some significant improvement at the AHL level + maybe even earn a cup of coffee.
Poll was open for 2 days which is an appropriate amount of time IMO.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Seen that after I posted. Very strange I somehow didn't see it. The new one didn't show up for hours after it was posted either.

Think the site is getting twitchy again. Disappearing reappearing threads.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Seen that after I posted. Very strange I somehow didn't see it. The new one didn't show up for hours after it was posted either.

Think the site is getting twitchy again. Disappearing reappearing threads.

The site has been a bit odd lately, but yeah. I set that one for two days, I think thats the perfect time range, gives people time to vote, but we also move at a decent pace.

Reactions: Aerchon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad