Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2017 (FINAL RANKINGS)

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
a couple months down the road, wondering how you guys see this list today. big risers/fallers?
anyone that popped this fall that is definitely on the list now? also haven't followed the paigin
situation that closely - is he out of their plans now?

Paigin has fell off the list.

It's early still but a few 2017 selections are on the rise I believe.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
It's almost impossible to re-order this list since so many of our prospects have been underwhelming to terrible this year, so I'll just leave them be and put comments:

1) Jesse Puljujarvi- Moving out of prospect status but easy #1... thank goodness.
2) Kailer Yamamoto- Has really fallen off since being demoted. Hope he wakes up at the WJC.
3) Caleb Jones- Really not a great pro debut, but then Bakersfield is awful this year.
4) Ethan Bear- Was off to a great start but got hurt. Hope it doesn't have long-term effects.
5) Tyler Benson- Been good at the junior level when healthy, but injuries are once again a major concern. I just don't see it with him.
6) Laurent Brossoit- Ick. Just ick.
7) Ziyat Paigin- No longer an Oilers prospect 30ish games into the season after being voted top ten. Oi.
8) Jujhar Khaira- Has more than made the grade as a fourth liner.
9) Dylan Wells- Terrible cut from Team Canada, but Renney is never going to allow another Oilers prospect a fair shake again so long as he's in charge.
10) Joe Gambardella- Injuries and an inconsistent season for a guy who looked great in camp.
11) Nick Ellis- Has performed well in a tough situation. Probably our best pro goalie prospect right now.
12) Ryan Mantha- Has been very solid. Don't think the offense will translate but he looks a third pairing guy.
13) Dmitri Samorukov- Neither a great nor underwhelming season for Samo. He's a pretty vanilla player outside the big hits.
14) Ostap Safin- One of the only Oilers prospects who gives me any hope. Excelling in the Q.
15) Aapeli Rasanen- Has been the two-way forward he was advertised to be. Don't see mucho upside but he's got bottom six ability.
16) Kirill Maksimov- See Safin. Great season so far.
17) Filip Berglund- I guess he's left Skellefteå? Was having a passable season statistically otherwise.
18) Stuart Skinner- Should've been two Oilers prospects in net for TC, but again, Renney wasn't having it. Going to be a good one and his season was better than the numbers showed.
19) Markus Niemelainen- Can you say bust?
20) John Marino- Underwhelming year but still have faith in him as a prospect.

I guess my top three would be Puljujarvi, Safin and Maksimov. Thank goodness for Europe or we'd have sweet ****-all in the pipeline.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
^Hockey Canada selected two goalies with much better seasons than Wells and Skinner. Not sure there's a conspiracy there. Carter Hart has freaking 1.32 GAA and .961 svs% in the WHL. That's insane. Colton Point has great numbers in NCAA as well.

...And yeah, Ziyat Paigin was way overrated in here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad