Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2015 (POLL #7)

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Congratulations to Poll #6 winner:

article_fb6fda47-5242-4122-812c-494edb6b169b.jpg

Laurent Brossoit

Thanks to all who voted in poll #6

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2015
1) Connor McDavid - C - Erie Otters - OHL - 100%
2) Darnell Nurse - D - Soo Greyhounds - OHL - 66%
3) Leon Draisaitl - C - Kelowna Rockets - WHL - 30%*
4) Griffin Reinhart - D - Bridgeport S.Tigers - AHL - 78%
5) Bogdan Yakimov - C - OKC Barons - AHL - 38%
6) Laurent Brossoit - G - OKC Barons - AHL - 49%
* Poll #3 was skipped due to obvious results.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
This would be interesting.

Slepyshev looks promising but need to see how he handles himself in NA..
His stats werent close to Hartikainen in KHL so a little concern there.

Leleggia has the best resume but is in tough to crack into NHL..

Chase i think will get a stint in NHL this season.. He will have the drive this year I am sure.

Voting Khaira.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Out of who's left, you have to go with the high reward/potential players.

Slepyshev is penciled in on my future left side for the Oilers lineup, so for me he's easily the next guy. Great at the WJC, KHL experience already on hand.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Slepyshev. I see him being a bigger, inverted (RH LW as opposed to LH RW) version of Kucherov from TB.

I rate him higher than Bogdan, although the only time I've seen him play is the WJC.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I think Chase has a career as a bottom 6 player on the PK

I hope he makes it. Apparently, he's a real jerk and I'm not sure his teammates even like him. On another team he's the kind of guy you hate but you love those guys when they play for you.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I don't know why I'm not going with Sleplev, but I'm very interested into seeing what Kharia turns into.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Moroz should be listed if Khaira is. I think that Mitch will have a big time bounce back season in '15-16.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I hope he makes it. Apparently, he's a real jerk and I'm not sure his teammates even like him. On another team he's the kind of guy you hate but you love those guys when they play for you.

The teammate who matters likes him... McDavid singled him out as a friend he made at dev camp.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Moroz should be listed if Khaira is. I think that Mitch will have a big time bounce back season in '15-16.

While their point totals were similar last season, Khaira was fairly good in the playoffs and got a lot of praise from the guys watching regular-season AHL games for being very defensively responsible, while Moroz generated worried comments that he was the worst player on the team. I'm really hoping Moroz has a bounce back season (or more that he just continues to develop), but Khaira's definitely ahead of him right now. Currently I'd probably still put guys like Chase ahead of Khaira, but Moroz? Nope. The best thing Moroz might have going for him is his high draft pedigree.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
While their point totals were similar last season, Khaira was fairly good in the playoffs and got a lot of praise from the guys watching regular-season AHL games for being very defensively responsible, while Moroz generated worried comments that he was the worst player on the team. I'm really hoping Moroz has a bounce back season (or more that he just continues to develop), but Khaira's definitely ahead of him right now. Currently I'd probably still put guys like Chase ahead of Khaira, but Moroz? Nope. The best thing Moroz might have going for him is his high draft pedigree.

He wasn't saying that Moroz is better than the other players, just that he should be in the mix. He should be on the list so people can consider him. That's all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad