Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2015 (POLL #16)

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Congratulations to Poll #15 winner:

BAR_20141122_210029_2213.jpg

DILLON SIMPSON

Thanks to all who voted in poll #15

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2015
1) Connor McDavid - C - Erie Otters - OHL - 100%
2) Darnell Nurse - D - Soo Greyhounds - OHL - 66%
3) Leon Draisaitl - C - Kelowna Rockets - WHL - 30%*
4) Griffin Reinhart - D - Bridgeport S.Tigers - AHL - 78%
5) Bogdan Yakimov - C - OKC Barons - AHL - 38%
6) Laurent Brossoit - G - OKC Barons - AHL - 49%
7) Anton Slepyshev - LW - Salavat Yulayev - KHL - 49%
8) Greg Chase - RW - Victoria Royals - WHL - 36%
9) Joey LaLeggia - D - University of Denver - NCAA - 36%
10) Kyle Platzer - C/RW - Owen Sound Attack - OHL - 20%
11) Tyler Pitlick - RW - OKC Barons - AHL - 23%
12) Brandon Davidson - D - OKC Barons - AHL - 28%
13) Iiro Pakarinen - RW - OKC Barons - AHL - 21%
14) Jujhar Khaira - C - OKC Barons - AHL - 18%
15) Dillon Simpson - D - OKC Barons - AHL - 28%
* Poll #3 was skipped due to obvious results.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I think Simpson at 15 is the first surprise for me. I thought he'd go top ten no doubt.

Everyone loved him last year, he had an excellent rookie pro season then slips to 15.

Doesn't make any sense.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I think Simpson at 15 is the first surprise for me. I thought he'd go top ten no doubt.

Everyone loved him last year, he had an excellent rookie pro season then slips to 15.

Doesn't make any sense.

I've been voting him since 13 or so, think he's 10th or so on the list, still great potential.

Think I go with Nilsson next.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Been voting for him the last 5 or so polls, probably one of the few in that area who will ever play NHL games

Let's take a look at the last 5 selections:

11) Tyler Pitlick - 27 NHL games played. Has a chance to make the opening day roster.
12) Brandon Davidson - 12 NHL games played. Has a chance to make the team, if not he'll be one of the first call-ups.
13) Iiro Pakarinen - 17 NHL games played. Has a chance to make the opening day roster, if not hell be one of the first call-ups.
14) Jujhar Khaira - A lock to eventually play in the NHL, IMO.
15) Dillon Simpson - Has a chance to play this year. His progression has done nothing to make me ink he won't one day be in the NHL.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Let's take a look at the last 5 selections:

11) Tyler Pitlick - 27 NHL games played. Has a chance to make the opening day roster.
12) Brandon Davidson - 12 NHL games played. Has a chance to make the team, if not he'll be one of the first call-ups.
13) Iiro Pakarinen - 17 NHL games played. Has a chance to make the opening day roster, if not hell be one of the first call-ups.
14) Jujhar Khaira - A lock to eventually play in the NHL, IMO.
15) Dillon Simpson - Has a chance to play this year. His progression has done nothing to make me ink he won't one day be in the NHL.

If you go re read my post I said one of the few and I was referring to the fact that nillson has a chance to be our backup this year and play in the NHL and I wouldn't call khaira a lock not sure many would and Simpson is a big maybe as well. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Thank you though for pointing out NHL games though I was aware of theses players, hence when I said one of the few

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
If you go re read my post I said one of the few and I was referring to the fact that nillson has a chance to be our backup this year and play in the NHL and I wouldn't call khaira a lock not sure many would and Simpson is a big maybe as well. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Thank you though for pointing out NHL games though I was aware of theses players, hence when I said one of the few

With Khaira I put IMO, because I know that, personally I am higher on him than others.

You said, "one of few that in this area that will play NHL games". I'm just clarifying for you that "in this area" multiple already have played NHL games.

On top of Nillson, Pakarinen, Pitlick, and Davidson, the likes of Musil, Oesterle, and Miller (all conceivably "in this area"), have also payed NHL games.

Just so you know.

Last edited:

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011
we are now scrapping the bottom

I think it is wrong saying that we are scrapping the bottom. There are still some decent prospects here. Nilsson, Lagesson, Betker, Musil, Jones and some more that potentially become something. Perhaps lower tier players but still.

Going with Laurikainen here, think he can become a good back up.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's not really scraping the bottom when we've still got guys who will be NHLers there

None of these players are safe bets to be legitimate NHLers. Maybe cup of coffee type guys, but it would be a pretty big surprise if we got even one legitimate NHLer out of the players left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad