HFOil Fantasy Draft DISCUSSION (NSH available)

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg

:wings :wings :wings

DETROIT RED WINGS
FORWARDS:
Jamie Benn | Auston Matthews | Nick Schmaltz
Boone Jenner | Ryan N.Hopkins | Ryan Hartman
Mattias Janmark | Joel Eriksson Ek | Alex Nylander
Michael Ferland | JT Compher | Zack Kassian

DEFENCE:
Zdeno Chara | Justin Faulk
Oscar Klefbom | Josh Manson
Adam Pelech | Tobias Enstrom

GOALIES:
Corey Schneider
Tristan Jarry

TOTAL CAP:
$60,927,832

Great drafting! Probably the best team I've seen so far, even though the offensive depth could maybe be improved. But still, two ELITE offensive talents up front with a decent supporting cast, a fantastic D-core and a great goaltender. Well done!

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
:nucks

Andre Burakovsky (3M) - Ryan Johansen (8.0M) - Mitch Marner(1.744,167
Jonathan Huberdeau (5.9M) - Sean Couturier(4.333,333) - Bryan Rust(640K)
Ryan Dzingel(1.8M) - Artem Anisimov(4.55 )- Alex Burrows(2.5M)
Shawn Matthias(2,125,000) - Colton Sissons(625K)- Cal Clutterbuck (3.5M)

Calvin de Haan(3.3M) - PK Subban(9.0M)
Marc Methot(4.9M)- Matt Dumba(2.555,000M)
Jason Garrison (4.6M) - Yannik Weber(650K)

Connor Hellebuyck($2.250M
Anders Nilsson(2.500M)

Cap Hit: 66.372,500

Cap Space: 8.627,500

Last edited:

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
Been enjoying everyone's write-ups about their rosters and seeing the full lineups. I better do one up soon :)

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
So does voting start tonight when the trading period is over? 8pm mountain?

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
:stars

Artemi Panarin (6.0) - Jordan Staal (6.00) - Jaromir Jagr (4.0)
Milan Lucic (6.0) - Patrick Marleau (6.25) - Elias Lindholm (2.70)
Patrick Maroon (2.0) - Vladimir Sobotka (3.5) - Troy Brouwer (4.5)
Drake Caggiula (1.35) - Nic Dowd (0.64) - Ryan Reaves (1.125)

McDonagh (4.70) - Connor Murphy (3.85)
Alexei Emelin (4.1) - J Schultz (5.50)
Kris Russell (4.0) - Braydon Coburn (3.7)

Matt Murray (3.75)
Keith Kinkaid (1.25)

Cap Hit: $74,915,000
Cap Space: $85,000

Overall:
Two way balanced team, excellent puck possession team. Puck skills, big size, strength & grit mixed with good speed in the lineup. Also consist of players that are extremely physical which can wear opponents down. Very experienced team with lots of proven veteran players who have won cups and been clutched performers in the playoffs.

Forward group:
Lots of offense while not super flashy always scoring off the rush type but rather score a lot of goals on puck possession from half board towards the middle of the slot, down low cycling, puck battle in front of net, screening and pouncing on rebound opportunities in close. A very balanced 2-way group. Maintain possession, down low cycling, winning board battles, very creative players in the mix and can really lean on the opponents physically
Panarin is an elite forward that can both score and create. A shot scorer with great speed. Both and Jagr have excellent playmaking abilities. This group is also big & strong with tremendous puck possession ability with the likes of Jagr, Lucic, Staal, Maroon, Sobotka & Brouwer. One of the toughest team to win a board battle or down low cycle against. Along with Panarin & Jagr, E Lindholm and Marleau provides playmaking with both of them also great skaters.
Forth line is a pretty fast, good energy and physical line combined for 481 Hits last season.

Faceoff: Among One of the strongest FO team with 4 excellent FO takers on the top 9 so not having to worry about FO matchups.
FO% (2016-2017):
J Staal .591, Lindholm .556, Marleau .535, Sobotka .563 career(just came back from KHL for playoff last season. .534 in playoff), Dowd .478

Defensemen:
Balanced with offense & defense, finesse & physicality. Very experienced as well.
NYR’s captain McDonagh is a true #1 that can generate offense and being very solid defensively.
J Schultz is 7th in points(51) & 6th in plus/minus(+27) for dman in the past regular season. He’s a completely different dman the Oilers fans remembered. He aslo led the Pens offense from the backend in the 2017 Cup win, with the absence of Letang, socring 13pts and being 3rd in points for dmen among all playoff teams.
Connor Murphy has been a great young d man while lesser known because he played for Arizona. He will be Keith’s first pairing d partner in Chicago this season.
Emelin(very physical), Russell(led the NHL in Block shots) and Coburn are all veterans that have and can play on the 2nd pairing. All 3 are also good PKers.

Goaltending:
Elite and clutch goaltending (2 Cups back to back)
As good a goalie as MA Fleury is, Pens likely wouldn’t have won back to back Cups these past 2 seasons. Fleury is good, but Murray is both elite and clutch. It’s been close to impossible in the salary cap era to repeat but the Pens did it mainly due to having these 3 elite pieces being Crosby, Malkin & Murray.

Matt Murray's record:
Reg season (2016-17) SV%: .923(16-17)(tie for 6th in NHL). Playing for the same team, MA Fleury at .908
Playoff (2016-17) SV% .937(1st in NHL) & GAA 1.70 vs Fleury .924 & GAA 2.56
Playoff (2015-16) SV% .923 & GAA 2.08 vs Fleury .875 & GAA 3.03

Backup goalie:
Kinkaid played has a better SV% and GAA than started Schneider. Not saying he’s better than Schneider because Schneider is a proven good starter but this shows that Kinkaid is one of the best backup and has the potential of a good starter.

Power Play: Players suitable to choose from for the first PP unit: Panarin, Jagr, Staal, Lindholm, Lucic, Marleau, McDonagh Schultz

Flexibility:
Team is also built with flexibility in mind. 6 forwards can play center and 4 fwds can play multiple positions effectively. Therefore, many different line combos can be created for the best chemistry or to against opponents for line matching purpose.
For Dmen, Russell and Coburn have frequently and proven to have effectively played both LD/RD.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Had a good time drafting. Gonna pass on voting.

Good job joey running this.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Soooo, how do we all like our teams a year later?

My top six is very strong and Doughty floats all boats. Bottom six is a little meh and my bottom pair isn’t great but all in all I like it plenty.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
My goaltending is terrible and Versteeg/B. Smith were questionable picks but I like the rest that I drafted.

@jeg and @Cerebral did really well (WPG and BOS)

I will probably end up doing another one of these during the dog days this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->