HFOil Fantasy Draft DISCUSSION (NSH available)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Just trying to gauge interest. If you're interested pick a team. I'm assuming we wouldn't get 30 people just from the Oiler board anyways, so anyone is welcome to join. This draft would go pretty close until the start of the season, so something fun to check on during the dog days of summer!

The draft would be essentially what the Canucks board did, with maybe a few minor tweaks. If enough people are interested I will put more thought into rules. I would also appreciate someone to help (a mod who could update things would be perfect).

- Draft will be 20 rounds and you need to have 12F, 6D, 2G
- Drafting the best possible team which will be voted on at the end of the draft (I do not have time to run a keeper league)
- There will be no trading of draft picks during the draft, but you can trade after as long as you always have 20 players.
- There is a salary cap of 75M, and you must keep track of this yourself
- Players who are unsigned (Like Drai) you will just have to estimate what he'll get because as soon as he's signed that's the cap hit.
- If you are over the cap by the end of the draft, you're out of the voting
- Players like Kovalchuk outside of the NHL are not available
- Everyone has 2 hour time limit for the first 5 rounds per pick, moves down to 1 hour after. (Would like to roll through asap)
- If you don't make pick on time, you have 24 hours to make it before you get autoed.
- Please PM the person after you.. I will post quick links so should be no excuse.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2221375

Anaheim Ducks - peskypenguin4
Arizona Coyotes - Black Noise
Boston Bruins - Cerebral
Buffalo Sabres - Nucker101
Calgary Flames - Paralyzer008
Carolina Hurricanes - belair
Chicago Blackhawks - MacT at the Wheel
Colorado Avalanche - CaptainSexyPants
Columbus Blue Jackets - Delicious Pancake
Dallas Stars - AKDandyman
Detroit Red Wings - Mcmozesmadness
Edmonton Oilers - Slats432
Florida Panthers - McDrai
Los Angeles Kings - LucBourdon
Minnesota Wild - EdmontonExpress
Montreal Canadiens - Tryamkin
Nashville Predators - Dabeast
New Jersey Devils - DanCloutiers5Hole
New York Islanders - JohnnyGraz
New York Rangers - Darnell McDrai
Ottawa Senators - BoldNewLettuce
Philadelphia Flyers - bzur
Pittsburgh Penguins - Jesus Take The Wheel
San Jose Sharks - HeavyMcHitter97
St. Louis Blues - TakinMaattaOnMyRide
Tampa Bay Lightning - Scholarships
Toronto Maple Leafs - Joey Moss
Vancouver Canucks - ATypicalCanadian
Vegas Golden Knights - ChaoticOrange
Washington Capitals - ujju2
Winnipeg Jets - jeg

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
So 1/3 filled up..

I'll prob leave it another day or so for Oil members to join before maybe asking others if interested.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
craig.png

Bring it. Oh and this guy's phone won't be working.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I added some rules to OP.

Also have draft order/draft thread ready to go. Just a matter of filling up. I'd prefer if it was 1 person to a team but if we don't fill up in the next day I'll consider allowing that.

Last edited:

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
2 Hours seems a little too fast of a pace imo, maybe im wrong though.

Also maybe there is interest in adding a couple picks for pressbox or prospect players, that'd add a little more versatility in trading post draft

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'd recommend sending a list of players if you don't think you can make your pick on time. If it's a slow pace people are going to lose interest.

Also don't see much point to adding prospects since it's a vote for best team but we'll see. Maybe we can add a few more rounds depending on how it's going.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I'd recommend sending a list of players if you don't think you can make your pick on time. If it's a slow pace people are going to lose interest.

Also don't see much point to adding prospects since it's a vote for best team but we'll see. Maybe we can add a few more rounds depending on how it's going.

Fair enough, would we be doing the 2 hours starts after the previous person picked? Because with shorter intervals it might be better to just have the 2 hour windows so people can kind of know what time they will be picking.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I'll join in, I was in/am in two of the Canucks iterations. You're changing it up and that makes it interesting to me. I guess I can't win #1 overall and get Burns as well here.:cry:

I'll take :nucks

I assume you're doing it snake draft or did you have something else in mind with no draft pick swapping ?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
It's a snake draft, yes. The reason I don't want to do trading during the draft is because it's a lot of work to go look through every trade and update it daily. Just makes it easier for me to actually get through the drafting part.

I'll think about the time slot thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->