Prospect Info: HFOIL 2020 Prospect Rankings (Poll #9)

Who is the Oilers 9th best prospect?

• Total voters

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Lagesson may never even play in the nhl regularly. I’m probably 70-30 that he’s never a regular. When your 6 years post draft and that’s the case it’s not promising.
No less promising than Jones was last season coming into camp. Lagesson needs an opportunity. We haven't had many of them on LD in recent years. He's done nothing but impress in Bakersfield since coming back to NA.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
No less promising than Jones was last season coming into camp. Lagesson needs an opportunity. We haven't had many of them on LD in recent years. He's done nothing but impress in Bakersfield since coming back to NA.
Lagesson will turn 25 this feb is coming into his draft +7 season. Not the same as Jones last camp.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Lagesson will turn 25 this feb is coming into his draft +7 season. Not the same as Jones last camp.
At this point what does age matter? Jones was a junior turned pro. Lagesson was drafted out of Europe, played USHL junior, two years college, more Euro, then pro. Both players are first year waiver eligible.

Both have accomplished about the same in terms of their professional careers.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
At this point what does age matter? Jones was a junior turned pro. Lagesson was drafted out of Europe, played USHL junior, two years college, more Euro, then pro. Both players are first year waiver eligible.

Both have accomplished about the same in terms of their professional careers.
Jones was called up in 18-19 and showed flashes. This past year he showed he can probably be a decent bottom pair guy. Lagesson has one 8 game call up this past year and didn’t look good at all.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I think Berglund is getting seriously underrated here. He’s basically an Adam Larsson clone but younger and not injury prone.
He’s a shutdown RHD with smooth skating and good size. Good shot he becomes an excellent number 5/6.

Reactions: Oilhawks

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I think Berglund is getting seriously underrated here. He’s basically an Adam Larsson clone but younger and not injury prone.
He’s a shutdown RHD with smooth skating and good size. Good shot he becomes an excellent number 5/6.
I think he’s the next best D prospect but I like some of our new forward prospects better.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Jones was called up in 18-19 and showed flashes. This past year he showed he can probably be a decent bottom pair guy. Lagesson has one 8 game call up this past year and didn’t look good at all.

I think Jones is the better player currently and long term, but to be fair to Lagesson, Jones was not good for the first several games he got into this year and then turned things around and finished strong. If Lagesson got into some more games and got a bit more opportunity last year who's to say he wouldn't have improved and showed strongly as well? I think the chances of that weren't necessarily great but I wouldn't have predicted Jones' strong finish based on his initial sampling last year either.

I do like that Lagesson is putting up some crooked numbers in the Allsvenskan too. If he can develop that offensive side of his game more then hopefully when he comes back over to NA some of that offense translates to his NHL game. I'm not dreaming he'll ever be as good as Jones in that regard but being more than just a defensive defenseman in the NHL would be a plus.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

I think Jones has cleared the bar into a neophyte NHL defender. The question is really Lagesson and Berglund who are separated by one year and are on the fringe of being NHL defenseman. There's nothing really to suggest separation between these two except that Lagesson's managed NHL games. Breaking in two rookie NHL defensemen is company three is a crowd (and quite likely ticket to draft lottery territory). Lagesson and Berglund might hit as NHL bottom pairing d. I just think Lagesson's development path might put him ahead. And given defense is the most difficult position, I have him a bit higher on the prospect hope list. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad