Prospect Info: HFOIL 2020 Prospect Rankings (Poll #9)

Who is the Oilers 9th best prospect?

• Total voters

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
:edmonton

2020 HFOIL prospect rankings

1. Philip Broberg - LHD - 57%
2. Evan Bouchard - RHD
3. Dylan Holloway - C/LW - 53%
4. Dmitri Samorukov - LHD - 73%
5. Tyler Benson - LW - 38%
6. Raphael Lavoie - C/RW - 48%
7. Ryan McLeod - C/LW - 63%
8. Ilya Konovalov - G - 46%
9. ?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
William Laggeson

Top 5
1. Philip Broberg
2. Evan Bouchard
3. Dylan Holloway
4. Dmitri Samorukov
5. Ryan McCloud

Top 6-10
6. William Laggeson
7. Raphael Lavoie
8. Tyler Benson
9. Ilya Konovalov
10. Tyler Tullio

LoiltyAtItsFinest

Aug 18, 2014
Really people voting on the potential
of a recent third round pick over a #7/ third-pairing dman? Shiny new toy syndrome at its finest.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Really people voting on the potential
of a recent third round pick over a #7/ third-pairing dman? Shiny new toy syndrome at its finest.

And why not? The kid was projected to be a 2nd round (at least) pick. He has skill, and will, which could carry him much further than others on this list.

Meanwhile Lagesson is on his last...Legs :sarcasm:. If he doesn't make the team this year who knows if he even makes the NHL at this point.

For me it's a toss-up between Tullio (potential), Rodrigue (potential and trending better than other goalie prospects in the recent past) and Lagesson (should be able to hold down 7D - floor - or maybe make 3rd pairing - ceiling?)

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Too many people thing we need 6-7 fast puck moving D. If we replace Nurse Larsson and Russell without a Lagesson we better score ten goals a game. Lagesson has more potential as a shutdown defenceman as any of this list has as a top six forward

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
And why not? The kid was projected to be a 2nd round (at least) pick. He has skill, and will, which could carry him much further than others on this list.

Meanwhile Lagesson is on his last...Legs :sarcasm:. If he doesn't make the team this year who knows if he even makes the NHL at this point.

For me it's a toss-up between Tullio (potential), Rodrigue (potential and trending better than other goalie prospects in the recent past) and Lagesson (should be able to hold down 7D - floor - or maybe make 3rd pairing - ceiling?)

The difference between a 2nd and a 3rd this year is minimal, with anything beyond the 20th pick being a crap shoot. Heck we had more than 1 player projected in the 3rd or later go in the 1st.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Surprised Tullio is so popular. To me Savoie has way more upside.
More upside, sure, but Tullio is a much safer bet to make it to the NHL. Savoie's skating, compete level, and two-way game will all have to improve substantially if he wants to become an impact player at the next level, whereas Tullio already seems to have all the tools needed to eventually take the next step and still possesses top-6 upside.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Too many people thing we need 6-7 fast puck moving D. If we replace Nurse Larsson and Russell without a Lagesson we better score ten goals a game. Lagesson has more potential as a shutdown defenceman as any of this list has as a top six forward
Lagesson isn’t shutting down anything in the NHL.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
More upside, sure, but Tullio is a much safer bet to make it to the NHL. Savoie's skating, compete level, and two-way game will all have to improve substantially if he wants to become an impact player at the next level, whereas Tullio already seems to have all the tools needed to eventually take the next step and still possesses top-6 upside.
Savoie just has a rarer skill set. There’s a reason he went earlier because there just aren’t many guys like Savoie available every year and they generally get snapped up quickly warts and all. Savoie was probably top 3 goal scorers available last draft. He’s the best pure scorer prospect we’ve had since....I don’t even remember. I’d rather bet on a guy with a standout elite skill than a dime a dozen “well rounded” guy. Not that Tullio isn’t a good prospect and wasn’t also a great pick where we got him prospects like Tullio are just a lot more common than snipe shows like Savoie.

Giggleplex

May 18, 2015
Savoie just has a rarer skill set. There’s a reason he went earlier because there just aren’t many guys like Savoie available every year and they generally get snapped up quickly warts and all. Savoie was probably top 3 goal scorers available last draft. He’s the best pure scorer prospect we’ve had since....I don’t even remember. I’d rather bet on a guy with a standout elite skill than a dime a dozen “well rounded” guy. Not that Tullio isn’t a good prospect and wasn’t also a great pick where we got him prospects like Tullio are just a lot more common than snipe shows like Savoie.
Lavoie is a sniper too

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I like Lagesson, I think he's got the potential to be a solid #4/5. However for me Tullio is the clear choice here. I see Tullio more as a 2nd liner who can slot in on either Drai or McDavid's wing as a complimentary trigger man when he makes the Oilers in 2 or more likely 3 years. He's rated too low here and I have no clue how he slid to the Oilers 5th rounder.

Also, I like Berglund and Savoie too but Tullio is going to be a guy other teams are going to be kicking themselves for not taking.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Skinner, who took over the starters job last year in the AHL. might be the best goalie prospect we've had since Dubnyk !

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Think Lagesson is a bit undervalued. He's NHL ready with North American pedigree across three leagues and stages of development and his style & size that makes for a solid depth defender. Berglund is only one year younger so really no difference as maturing prospects and not yet having North American seasoning still some questions how the transition will go for a similar defensive defender. Hard to say there's really much separation between the two but Lagesson has NHL games under his belt.

Savoie is interesting to see what he does in a better year against bigger and better talent. He's a quality mid-draft pick if his skills 'stick' as quality of competition gets way better and a long runway as the favorable NCAA 'amateur' rules offer. Could climb this list if he finds his game in the NCAA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad