Prospect Info: HFOIL 2020 Prospect Rankings (Poll #12)

Who is the Oilers 12th best prospect?

• Cooper Marody

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philip Kemp

• Ostap Safin

• Matej Blumel

• Thomas Mazura

• Aapeli Räsänen

• Maxim Denezhkin

• Other (Who?)

• Total voters

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
:edmonton

2020 HFOIL prospect rankings

1. Philip Broberg - LD - 57%
2. Evan Bouchard - RD
3. Dylan Holloway - C/LW - 53%
4. Dmitri Samorukov - LD - 73%
5. Tyler Benson - LW - 38%
6. Raphael Lavoie - C/RW - 48%
7. Ryan McLeod - C/LW - 63%
8. Ilya Konovalov - G - 46%
9. William Lagesson - LD - 40%
10. Tyler Tullio - C/RW - 42%
11. Filip Berglund - RD - 32%
12. ?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Voted Savoie.. Looks like Kirill Maksimov is the biggest faller from last year's list and rightfully.
From sniping at will in OHL to pretty much nothing since.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
4jfsg4.jpg

Reactions: snipes

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I have Savoie ahead of Tullio and McLeod. I’m really surprised he’s going this low. This guy has 30-40 goal potential.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Voted Savoie.. Looks like Kirill Maksimov is the biggest faller from last year's list and rightfully.
From sniping at will in OHL to pretty much nothing since.
He actually hasn't done too bad as a pro. Many players take all 3 years in the AHL, or more, before being a strong option for the NHL. I think sometimes our expectations for prospects is skewed by the high 1st rounders. Maksimov doesn't look likely to be a top 6 guy for sure but he's got another two seasons to develop before waivers and as we've seen with Tampa some guys take longer and make the NHL in their mid 20s but can still be strong players (Gourde, Killorn).

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
He actually hasn't done too bad as a pro. Many players take all 3 years in the AHL, or more, before being a strong option for the NHL. I think sometimes our expectations for prospects is skewed by the high 1st rounders. Maksimov doesn't look likely to be a top 6 guy for sure but he's got another two seasons to develop before waivers and as we've seen with Tampa some guys take longer and make the NHL in their mid 20s but can still be strong players (Gourde, Killorn).
I guess the expectations were much higher for him and Samourkov after dominating in CHL.
Going from 74 goals in last 2 OHL seasons to only 5 in AHL. Not a good sign for a supposed sniper.
But like you said, we got lots of time for him still. Trade value wise he has crashed down though.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
No love for Maksimov? 6 points in 5 games in the VHL

Points in a lesser league are one thing, it's other parts of Maksimov's game that need ironing out if he wants to make it to the NHL. Once he proves he can be a little more disciplined and a little more consistent in his responsibilities while still producing at a higher level then people will get excited again. It's good he's producing in the VHL but he also didn't put up any points in the KHL in 4 games, albeit it would have been difficult for him to get ice-time for CSKA.

Last edited:

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Points in a lesser league are one thing, it's other parts of Maksimov's game that need ironing out if he wants to make it to the NHL. Once he proves he can be a little more disciplined and a little more consistent in his responsibilities while still producing at a higher level then people will get excited again. It's good he's producing in the VHL but he also didn't put up any points in the KHL in 4 games, albeit it would have been difficult him to get ice-time for CSKA.

Yeah I watched one game and he wasn't getting a lot of use. He wasnt bad though. We do have to be fair though the KHL is a step up compared to the NHL and isn't a development league, playing a regular shift in his 2nd year pro and 1st in europe would have been a he'll of an accomplishment. Personally I always saw Maksimov as a long term prospect and WELL BACK of Samorukov.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
It was interesting to me that they had Maximov on the PK basically from the minute he went to Bakersfield. Seems like the org has a role in mind for him and are trying to tailor him to it.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Went with Rodrigue.

Drafted high, has the pedigree, solid development so far.
Wanted to also just goalies are such a crap shoot it’s so hard to trust their development.

As far as goaltending goes Skinner could easily back bounce next year as well and we’re talking about him being a backup the following season and that wouldn’t be unheard of.

People forget Skinner is still only 21

Last edited:
Reactions: McDoused

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
It was interesting to me that they had Maximov on the PK basically from the minute he went to Bakersfield. Seems like the org has a role in mind for him and are trying to tailor him to it.
Which is odd since I always thought of Maksimov as a guy who would get by purely on his goal scoring.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Really, if Benson is a better prospect than MacKeod and Lavoie, that will tell that those players wont break in to NHL. Thats really a shame, cause I think McLeod could be something. Benson is average-average.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Really, if Benson is a better prospect than MacKeod and Lavoie, that will tell that those players wont break in to NHL. Thats really a shame, cause I think McLeod could be something. Benson is average-average.
Yeah, this list is the reason McLeod won’t make the NHL.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Wanted to also just goalies are such a crap shoot it’s so hard to trust their development.

As far as goaltending goes Skinner could easily back bounce next year as well and we’re talking about him being a backup the following season and that wouldn’t be unheard of.

People forget Skinner is still only 21

Yeah its true. Blackwood looked like a bust in the AHL at first for example. The Condors last season probably wasn't a great place for a young goalie. Although I will never understand why they rushed Skinner into the AHL and screwed both him and Wells over instead of waiting a year and turning only 1 goalie pro a year. Also why the f*** did he trade for Hawkey just to do that.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Yeah its true. Blackwood looked like a bust in the AHL at first for example. The Condors last season probably wasn't a great place for a young goalie. Although I will never understand why they rushed Skinner into the AHL and screwed both him and Wells over instead of waiting a year and turning only 1 goalie pro a year. Also why the f*** did he trade for Hawkey just to do that.

This thing they did seems like it makes absolutely no sense why would they do this? Oh right Peter Chiarelli.

Reactions: Samus44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->