Prospect Info: HFOIL 2020 Prospect Rankings (Poll #11)

Who is the Oilers 11th best prospect?

• Ostap Safin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matej Blumel

• Thomas Mazura

• Aapeli Räsänen

• Maxim Denezhkin

• Patrik Siikanen

• Other (Who?)

• Total voters

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
:edmonton

2020 HFOIL prospect rankings

1. Philip Broberg - LD - 57%
2. Evan Bouchard - RD
3. Dylan Holloway - C/LW - 53%
4. Dmitri Samorukov - LD - 73%
5. Tyler Benson - LW - 38%
6. Raphael Lavoie - C/RW - 48%
7. Ryan McLeod - C/LW - 63%
8. Ilya Konovalov - G - 46%
9. William Lagesson - LD - 40%
10. Tyler Tullio - C/RW - 42%
11. ?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Tough call here, Savoie has a ton of upside but I think Berglund is a lot more likely to become an NHLer. Rodrigue also warrants consideration.

Voted Berglund.

Reactions: Oilhawks

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Savoie was ranked ahead of Tullio by almost all and was drafted much sooner.
Based on that i vote for the local kid.

Reactions: MessierII

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Berglund is a #1D in Sweden(averages 22:10 per game which is 10th highest in the league) and it sounded like he was going to be coming over this year if it weren't for Covid.

Big, smart, skilled, right-handed.

He definitely deserved to be in the top 10, IMO.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Berglund is a #1D in Sweden(averages 22:10 per game which is 10th highest in the league) and it sounded like he was going to be coming over this year if it weren't for Covid.

Big, smart, skilled, right-handed.

He definitely deserved to be in the top 10, IMO.

Shiny toy syndrome. I knew berglund was decent but havnt followed him. What about kemp?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
At this point you can start to remove Safin from the list. I get the impression the team is looking at moving on.

When the Condors' roster was depleted, Safin was never called up, despite his reasonable production in the ECHL.

Doesn't strike me as a move that shows much interest in a player.

Reactions: Aerrol

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
At this point you can start to remove Safin from the list. I get the impression the team is looking at moving on.

When the Condors' roster was depleted, Safin was never called up, despite his reasonable production in the ECHL.

The Oilers signed Niemelainen after being mediocre for years so I wouldn’t give up on Safin who has size and speed

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think there's still a possibility that there's a third liner with Cooper Marody. I'd go with him here.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Kind of a toss up. A lot of guys in there who look like they probably won't do much damage in the NHL. Went with Savoie

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Berglund fs, should’ve went before Lagesson imo.
Do you think?
I mean they are not that far apart imo, but Lagesson played more SHL minutes than Berglund has ever seen (until this season) already in 17/18. He was 2nd in ice time a good team, behind one of the very best Ds in Sweden while Berglund now is doing very good, but he is not on a strong team. Lagesson meanwhile has 5 GP 2 G 3 A in Allsvenskan this season.

For me Lagesson is ahead of Berglund, quite clearly, but as I said they are not that far apart. I think they realistically should have been around positions 6-8 in the ranking.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Between Lagesson, Berglund, and Kemp, I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that we'll have at least a bottom pairing defensemen within the next couple of years.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Carter Savoie.

Moving into long shot, long shot territory I think you start looking at prospective ceiling with their prospect system. Savoie has the new car smell of a fresh prospect but also great production numbers in the AJHL. He's high skill and as a park and follow prospect moving to NCAA will have time to develop his tools, get stronger and mature, and we can check back in two years to see if there is a hopeful player there. Wildcard but one with skills which are attractive in today's NHL where you don't have to be 6'2" to play.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I think there's still a possibility that there's a third liner with Cooper Marody. I'd go with him here.

I was very torn on Marody. I think there's a shot he still makes it as a third liner (and a pretty good one if he does), but I also think he's already passed the point where he's maximized the likelihood he's an NHL player in the future. Or, to rephrase: I think with every month from here on out, it becomes less and less likely there's an NHLer there. I think with the other guys I have ahead of him at this point, they're still likely increasing their odds.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I didn’t think he was nearly this high.
Berglund vs Benson (5th on the list) … In 2 yrs who knows where either would be.
Same can be said for Lavoie(6th) vs Savoie (not in top 11).
Pretty sure Maksimov was pretty highly regarded 1 and 2 yrs ago on our lists.

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016

Hey now.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Carter Savoie.

Moving into long shot, long shot territory I think you start looking at prospective ceiling with their prospect system. Savoie has the new car smell of a fresh prospect but also great production numbers in the AJHL. He's high skill and as a park and follow prospect moving to NCAA will have time to develop his tools, get stronger and mature, and we can check back in two years to see if there is a hopeful player there. Wildcard but one with skills which are attractive in today's NHL where you don't have to be 6'2" to play.

Great point. That's why I went with Kesselring and thought about Savoie. Berglund is a sensible pick but I see him as RH Lagesson in terms of ability and that ranks him lower for me as I don't have confidence in his upside given his age. I wouldn't vote him for a bit but I think Mazura is a real wildcard for the same reason, upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->