OT: HFNYR Boardies pls 2014-15: Tanner Steel Award for Most Underrated Poster

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
I love Fish, and I miss Callagraves, and for sure Tawnos is the man

But for me, it's hands down Mikos, an interesting cat who's posts I love to read.

BBKers is an interesting one as well ;) a bit too interesting sometimes

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Silverfish.... but if he wins, does this mean he's not underrated? :laugh:

Perhaps next time, you will rate me

032706_Meh_slide.jpg

(I know that's not the quote, just play along people, jeez)

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Question.... or more so a suggestion.

Why aren't these votes like kept secretly? Think that it's more fair (and suspenseful) that no one knows who votes for who, you know?

It's also a little more mature. I mean, would you tell people which candidate you chose for Presidency? :dunno:

Like the Presidency you can be free to tell people who you voted for on here as well, it is not a requirement to vote in the poll and then tell everyone who you voted for.

Unless you see something i dont see?

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
if you win, are you the most overrated of the underrated posters here?

hmm...

If you win you are the most adequately rated poster.

I voted for you Inferno. I have always found you sufficiently adequate.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

Why aren't these votes like kept secretly? Think that it's more fair (and suspenseful) that no one knows who votes for who, you know?

It's also a little more mature. I mean, would you tell people which candidate you chose for Presidency? :dunno:
Cause it's an Internet forum.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I voted for Silverfish, but regret it now that I know that's the mainstream choice. From underrated to overrated in one thread - the epitome of HFBoards.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Yes, what reason would I have not to?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I love Fish, and I miss Callagraves, and for sure Tawnos is the man

But for me, it's hands down Mikos, an interesting cat who's posts I love to read.

BBKers is an interesting one as well ;) a bit too interesting sometimes

For me this is Tawnos or Mikos all day. Always informative with educated opinions.

Haha thank you guys! Appreciate the support. Can't believe I got more than a single vote.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
There will not be many more votes, so I feel I can say this without really affecting the outcome. In regards to the two members in the lead:

To me, the new poster that I am..... Mikos & Silverfish have always stood out. In my mind, they command respect and are in no way underrated. Mikos is fantastic in all aspects, from Europe, to minor N.A. leagues ... to the NHL. He simply knows his stuff....as though he may have played the game. I assumed everyone else realized this as well.

Regarding Silverfish, he's a unique poster, indeed. Not only does he appear to have a good grasp on the game...but his approach to stats is refreshing. He's not a zealot in favor of stats, but has a good handle on them and is adept at putting them to the "context test". When others don't know how to argue the results of an advanced stat...Silverfish will find the weak spot in whatever assumption has made...and will use another advanced stat to question the opposing argument. A true intellectual...and I'm jealous, lol.

In any case, don't take this as a complaint. It's a compliment to these guys. I've always found these two guys to be exceptional. I didn't realize others have considered them to be flying "under our radar".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad