HFNHL = STHS Version 2 is LIVE

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
There are two other new stats
EN (Endurance)
PO (Potential, probably only applies to sim updates)

With the EN rating in addition to DU, does this mean that players that real life injuries will matter again?

EN is a throwback to the old FHL rating, which as Mike indicates is simply a measure of the amount of icetime a player can log. Whether real-life injuries play a factor in determining a player's DU rating (not EN, I think) for the following season is up tot he ratings committee, but I'd assume it would be relevant.

PO isn't new to STHL - we had it in last year's ratings too - but you're right that it's for when the simulator is running successive seasons, rather than pinning player development on actual NHL players year over year. So it has no bearing on our league.

PS = shootout skills... crap, another pivotal stat to have to build around!

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
For some reason, it still won't prompt me to download the client files. It worked the first time, but every other time it has blocked me out on the index page. I'll keep trying, but it doesn't look likely to work for me oddly enough.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Downloaded the new sim and the client files, but they won't let me open the client file with the sim.

Tells me "length of data to encrypt is invalid-mscorlib

stack trace"

...anyone?

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Everything should be up to date now (except coaches). I've completed the free agent signings, some future considerations that came into effect, created rookies and fixed the prospects list mentioned above.

Nevermind i didnt know that the rosters page hadnt been updated yet i found the new rostor page and it has him signed. when will the new roster page be linked to the main page

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Downloaded the new sim and the client files, but they won't let me open the client file with the sim.

Tells me "length of data to encrypt is invalid-mscorlib

stack trace"

...anyone?

Means you needs to get "Marty Mscorlib" out of retirement to ride shotgun on the new files.

Or something like that. :D

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Any help?

Sounds like the download may not have completed cleanly for one or the other. Have you tried again? If you're still encoutering the same error, there may be a conflict or compatibility issue with somethign else on your system...

Which is to say, no - not much help at all. :(

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I did, and same message.

SimonT Hockey Simulator V2 : Version 0.9.10 is the correct version, yes?

Then import in the HFNHL1.STC file, right?

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
With the new update you should be able to get it to work Greg. If it doesn't try uninstalling and re-installing.

I've also got it running in my MAC Client now.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
try it without downloading it. you need x11 (it's in utilities). I think if you have snow leopard it should be up to date. still need to go thru terminal though to open the sim

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
actually I think you need mono since it converts the sim into something a mac can understand graphically

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Hmm...that web portal stuff looks pretty darn nice...

Due to my increased involvement in the HFNHL I just quit another league (ECHL) on the weekend that used this web portal. It certainly looks real nice and for the most part works really well. There were a few stats pages missing that I didn't like but I'm not sure if that was the choices of the person running the ECHL or a limitation of the web portal.

One thing I really liked, and all you long term GMs probably would too, was career stats. It wouldn't do any good for our history but in the ECHL it had the 3 year totals for every player in a nice little profile page.

One other neat thing is the prospect lists can be graded like hockeysfuture.com and even allows you to enter in your own bio/scouting report.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad