HFNHL Stars Mid-Season Prospect Rankings

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
With multiple trades and my first draft the depth in this chart had grown deeper.

1st Alexander Burmistrov

Atlanta Thrashers took Burmistrov 8th overall the expectation was that he would be sent back to the OHL Barrie Colts. Months later he is still up with the Thrashers and has been on of there best two way forwards playing PK. 17 points and a minus 1 hes shown at times offensive flashes but at 19 theres no need to panic.

2nd T.J. Brodie

In his first pro season Brodie hasn't looked out of place one bit tallying 23 points in 58 games has has 3 NHL games but in the log jam that is Calgary didn't have much playing time.

3rd Tim Erixon

A Stay at home defenseman who plays with men in the Swedish Elite League plays well in his own zone and isn't horrible offensively a solid two way defenseman that could find himself a top 4 guy in a few years.

4th Greg Nemisz

Another Calgary Player another first year pro hasn't been as consistent but projects to be more of a 2-3rd line power forward type player not flashy but can bang in puck and play the dirty areas.

5th Brian Connelly

Having a break out year in Rockford where he looks to pass his season high in points. His previous highest total in points is 35 he has 34 in 20 less games could turn pro soon.

6th Tyler Eckford

A solid prospect looked solid every year but just cant seem to find his way onto a NJD roster with cap constraint he should hopefully find himself in the Devils roster next year or hope to find a way out.

7th Nate Prosser

Came over from collage signing with Minnesota he has looked very strong in his first season another guy who might find himself in an NHL jersey sooner than later.

8th Ryan Bourque

Another great season in the QMJHL tallying a career high 49 points in 39gp will likely go pro next season and could make a push for a NHL spot on a struggling blue shirts offense.

9th Kevin Sundher

A solid two way player projected to be more of a 3rd-4th liner with outside shot at 2nd line is having another good year offensively making a push for his highest point total yet with 58 points in 55 gp.

10th Kyle Wilson

Another guy who has been up at down between AHL and NHL hasn't been lights out but has played well when on the ice and is currently lighting the AHL up since being sent down. Another valuable depth piece for the Stars next year.

11th Aaron Gagnon

Up and down this NHL season he hasn't found consistency but has played well not projected to be more of a bottom six player he will likely find himself a valuable depth piece next year for the HFNHL Stars.

12th Erik Haula

His first year in collage but he picked up where he started with 21 points in 28 gp. A few more years under his belt in collage should benefit him in his development.

13th Tyler Shattock

A two way forward that can play all three forward positions. He recently turned pro has struggled to find offense hopes are he can find consistency in his second pro season.

14th Mark Mitera

Looks to maybe have found his game again on a struggling Syracuse he has 16 points in 48 games from the back end. Projects out to be a 3rd pairing or depth defensemen.

15th Alex Plante

A former first overall pick of the Oilers seems to have lost his offensive game and is falling deeper down the depth charts on a young Oilers squad. Hope is he can find his offensive game again as he is the only young offensive defensemen if he can find his game he might be able to move back up the charts.

18th Marek Hrivik

UnDrafted through two drafts but is having a break out year in the WHL already passing his best point total in19 less gp he could find himself signing a deal with an NHL club if he isnt drafted this year.

17th Vitaly Anikeyenko

A smart in zone defensemen with a big point shot problem is hes Russian. If he comes over he could be a solid 3rd pairing/depth defensemen and on a struggling Ottawa squad could find himself in the top 6.

18th Michael Hutchinson

The only goalie in DAL system at this point in time. Has split time in the ECHL and the AHL for his first year pro. Called up the the AHL he hasnt exactly been lights out hope is he can bounce back next year but with Rask in the pipes for years to come he could find himself at best and AHL starter.

19th Michael Blunden

Traded to CBJ last year helped him get some NHL under his belt he has been inconsistent to say the least and injury has been an issue projects to be a depth forward at most.

20th Anton Krysanov

A Russian with size great passing and on ice vision plays smart hockey in his own zone. Problems his skating which has been improving over the years anger issues and the ever present fact that he is Russian and might never come over.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Solid list there. I really like Burmistrov to have a breakout season next year. The offense is somewhat slow coming, but he probably scored the goal of the year in the NHL this season with that impressive display of hands. He just seems to be more defensive oriented at this stage, which is never a bad thing.

I like Haula a bit more than you do. I would probably have him in my Top 10 in this list.

Great work!

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Four of your top 8 started the year on my squad, so I probably should comment.

- I think Erixon is a great prospect, better than Brodie to be honest. His game projects really well to the NHL and that shot has really become a weapon for him. I could see him stepping in and playing 20 minutes a night and being a reliable top four guy quite soon. Will probably never be an all-star, but a solid player still.

- I'm not sure why Connelly hasn't been called up yet. He was a late cut in Chicago and has little left to do at the AHL level. Could have a Steve Kampfer-like impact when he arrives. With Eckford, it's unfortunate how the season has gone. He was favoured for a spot in training camp but a death in the family threw that off and his season has gone off the rails entirely now.

- I think you could move Alex Plante way up. He hasn't put up the numbers offensively really, but he had a great training camp in Edmonton.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I agree with Sean that Erixon is a better prospect than Brodie. Still Brodie continues to develop and should make the NHL full time in the future.... Nemisz is a guy that you'll have to be very patient with - could surprise and have David Jones type upside in the future --

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Michael Hutchinson was a prospect I was really high on during his draft year, I think I had him ranked at 29 for the 2008 draft. His game hasn't transitioned all that well since turning pro, however I could see him taking a Dubnyk type path to the NHL, he has all the physical tools. He will probably need to be in a different organization though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->