HFNHL SIM GOD'S 3rd ANNUAL HFNHL ALL STAR TEAM

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Sim Gods 3rd Annual ALL-STAR TEAM

It is my honor to present to you the THIRD Annual Sim Gods' HFNHL All-Star Team of General Managers.

The All-Star Team, consisting of a head coach, five skaters and a goaltender, is presented to General Managers based on their participation in the HFNHL, specifically in their regular contribution to the submission of lines, regular posting on the boards, assistance given to the Sim God in other areas of duties and general behaviour above and beyond the call of duty to the HF world.

There will be an award of $250,000 given out to each winning GM. These awards are given by my judgement only and therefore any errors contained within are mine alone.

However - these financial awards will actually only be given if each of the following GM's continue to suck up by writing an acceptance speech in the thread below. And so -

In no particular order:

LW: Jon Lemoine - Carolina
C: Matt Gee - Ottawa
RW: Brock Otten - Florida
D: Zach Niece - Dallas
D: Hasnain Jessa - NY Islanders
G: Dryden Lewis - Chicago
Coach: Rob Kreuger - Boston

These GM's meet some of the highest standards for participation in the Sim Gods World (for a quick reference - see this: GM Lines Submissions.)

Also - it is great to see three rookie GM's on this list!

In addition: there will be another award today for which the 'honor' of winning is dubious at best: This award, known as the Moore/Devereaux Award for Underachievement, is for the GM's that either contribute the least or frustrate the Sim God the most.

There are dual winners this year, but it must be stated that this is based purely upon line submissions, as no GM really incurred my wrath this year.

2011 Moore/Devereaux Award: Robb Doduck - Pittsburgh & Josh Howell - Washington (tie)

Feel the shame gentleman!

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
The Dallas Stars GM thanks the league for a great year even though it ended to soon and to all the GMs who help make the league great for this honour as this is my first time making it to the all star team

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Sweet! I should go away more often. I get to play goal! Was always better at LW but I'll take it

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
As one of the new GM's in the league I'm very happy to receive such an award. This is by far the best league on the internet and from my experience is basically the best guys around that don't actually have jobs with real NHL teams.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Thanks you SIM GOD for considering me again for 2nd year in a row. The most fun I have is doing my line up and off course trades. I believe setting my lines regularly helped me win at least 5 games during the season.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
As one of the new GM's in the league I'm very happy to receive such an award. This is by far the best league on the internet and from my experience is basically the best guys around that don't actually have jobs with real NHL teams.

Why would we want jobs in a fake league like the NHL?

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
My team at one point was playing better without lines, but then it go so absurd in regards to losing that I lost interest in my professional squad. I hope I can make the required changes this year in order to compete for the good end of this award for the coming season.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
My team at one point was playing better without lines, but then it go so absurd in regards to losing that I lost interest in my professional squad. I hope I can make the required changes this year in order to compete for the good end of this award for the coming season.

One consideration in all of this is injuries: teams with fewer injuries/suspensions had less need of swapping out lines - you could theoretically be okay with 8 or 9 line submissions to cover the regular season. No excuse for me, though - my performance was so below what it should hav been, I should have been spending much more time trying out different combinations against different opponents. More of a GM than a Coach, I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad