HFNHL RedWings 2019-2020

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
The Wings Roster is set to look totally different next year. Many FA will be targetted to help hit the cap floor. With a few new faces looking to join the roster.

With the new system in place the 2019-2020 Red Wings roster will likely look something like this heading into free agency. Pending the free agents the team plans on keeping around past their current contract.

Forwards (NHLers) 11
Ryan Strome
Austin Czarnik
Jordan Martinook
Vinny Hinstroza
Tobias Rieder
Dmitrij Jaskin
Luke Kunin
Markus Hannakinen
Kiefer Sherwood
Jayce Hawerlyk
Theodor Blueger

(AHL) 5
Ty Lewis
Klim Kostin
Nicholas Baptise
Adam Tambellini
Benoit Pouliot

Will have lots of changes as this really has a few fringe guys id rather be in the AHL.

Defense (NHL) 6
Johnny Boychuk
Rasmus Andersson
Matt Grezlyck
Radko Gudas
Dimitri Kulikov
Joe Morrow

(AHL) 6
Karl Alzner
Anthony Bietto
Ben Gleason
Sean Day
Paul Ladue
Johnny Oduya

Clearly the strength of the team even if not that great.

Goalies (NHL) 1
Scott Darling

(AHL) 4
Mason Macdonald
Jon Gillies
Filip Gustavsson
Jared Coreau

Will need a starter will have some depth goalies to move if someone needs one.

Roster size 33/50

The look is to the future with guys like Gustavsson, and Oettinger in net. Veleno, Mcleod, Kostin, Lipanov, Gregor etc at forward. Then on defense Grezlcyk, Andersson, Rykov, Westerlund, Day etc. With the first overall pick in this draft they have a chance to draft a franchise changing player.

All Eyes on the World cup 2019

Normally i would ignore the world cup of hockey, its not very exciting and the playoffs is on. However with both Kekko and Hughes set to play in this tournament, means my eyes will be following them both as one could decide his NHL/HFNHL future team on this tourney. Watching the USA and Finland will be tough but for the draft it will be worth it as i am torn about who to pick.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
The Wings have been tabled 2 very serious offers, for first overall. Unsure i will take either but i have listened.

Still looking for a starting goalie, Darling is on the verge of an NHL buy out meaning his future is even more unclear. Not really looking for a high priced trade as wont be contending, but if you have a low trade asset priced goalie we can talk. Salary is not an issue, its the cost to the team to acquire that matters most

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Still looking for a goalie that atleast upgrades on Darling, one of my 4 3rds could be in play. Not looking to pay a ton.

Unless its going to solve my goalie for the future.

Willing to play the market open to all offers that will help my future. Keep in mind im a rebuilder.

Taking on salary is not an issue. If the price is right

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Day 1 started off fairly early.

Trading 74th for Roberto Louongo and 89th addressing the goalie issue assuming no retirement comes. And helps my cap floor.

Now onto the good part.

1st overall- Jack Hughes

I flipped a coin to decide who went first overall no joke. Thats how undecided i was. The flip decided Hughes. Who is projected to be a number 1 center who has been compared to Patrick Kane but even better. One can hope as this team could really use a star forward.

2nd round 34th overall Nils Hoglander

He is a tireless worker, he isn't the flashiest offensive weapon. However, he seems to want to work his ass off everytime he's on the ice. He agile, and creative he projects to be a 2nd/3rd line winger depending how his offense translates. His responsibility as the year in swedens top league grew as the year went on.

2nd round 62nd overall Hunter Jones

After the last guy on my list this area got picked the pick before me, i had to decide trade the pick or draft. I didnt get an offer i liked so i went to my next list of players and took the top guy. Hes a big guy, he has all the tools to be a serious goalie prospect. Showed flashes of total brilliance at times, but others he looked bad. He was overplayed and overworked on a very bad Peterborough team. Will be interesting to see how things play out. Long term project.

3rd round 94th overall Aaron Huglen

Started off strong in the USHL but decided to go back to highschool. He is committed to always improving, and has some great hands as shown by his goal in the ivan hlinka. He has had some comparisons to Brock Boesser. Happy with the pick here but once again a small under 6 foot forward

3rd round 95th overall Daniil Gutik

His biggest knock is he's not consistent, he is big, with good puck skills and can make plays at high speeds. He is a boom or bust guy to me. Where as Hoglander and Huglen due to work ethic are more safer picks this is a guy who could really shock people and be a steal in the 3rd round.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Day 2

Round 5 pick 153
Defense Martin Hugo Has

A good but not amazing skater standing in at 6 foot 4 Hugo Has, has a very active stick and solid first pass. He shows poise, and played well in the finnish junior league. Needs to work on his lateral movement, and ability to perform under pressure. Will likely hone his craft in the finnish elite league for a few years a long term project.

6th round 180th overall
Center/Left wing Hugo Leufvenuis

Passed over in 2 drafts Hugo had his coming out party in Sarnia this year when he put up 37 goals, and 44 assists. He is a big strong kid, who used his size well seems to finally have put things together as an overager in the OHL. The biggest concern about him that probably holds him back from being ranked higher is his skating, which improved but still needs work. However for a 6th round pick i feel the package he offers it is worth the gamble. Recently signed to play in sweden this year. Probably was on nobodys list like everyone i draft :p.

6th round 184th overall
Center Joesph Garreffa

Lets go total opposite here, last player was a big strong forward with skating issues who broke out later, this is a very small at 5'6 forward with speed to burn. The kid plays much bigger than you would expect, and even the recently passed season he moved back to defense to aid the Rangers when they lost two of their defensemen to injury temporarly. He has always put up good numbers improving every year. His biggest question mark without a doubt is his size, without it hes probably a higher projected pick.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Wings take a gamble trade today.

To Detroit Gabriel Viliardi
To Philidephia Nils Hoglander.

Viliardi is an often injured 19 year old, whose coming off back surgery this season he is a former top prospect. Who skill set is very high end, if he can stay healthy and recover he could become a steal trading a solid second tier prospect in Hoglander.

Hoglander is a prospect we value highly he is a projected solid middle six forward. But the opportunity cane along to add a high end prospect with a risk reward.

We did some scouting, dug abit we feel comfortable in thinking Viliardi may be able to bounce back. This is a gamble, but we have built up our prospect pool to the point we are willing to gamble for a good outcome

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
The Red Wings will open up 2019/2020 season with 2020 draft in their scopes. After signing 4 goalies the Wings decided it was best to not up offer on other players in the bidding for, which means the roster will once again be very weak.

Projected 2019/2020 roster

C-LW-RW
Ryan Strome-Vinnie Hinstroza-Jayce Hawrlyk
Jordan Martinook-Markus Hannakinen-Tobias Reider
Luke Kunin-Adam Tambellini-Dmitri Jaskin
Matthew Peca-Klim Kostin- Austin Czarnik

LD-RD
Johnny Boychuck-Dion Phanuef
Radko Gudas-Matt Grzlyek
Dmitri Kulikov-Karl Alzner

James Reimer
Ryan Miller
Johnthan Quick
Cam Talbot

Very ugly roster, some young developing talent will take roles out of need. We will carry 4 goalies to avoid risk of losing them for nothing. All eyes will be on Hughes, Joesph, Andersson, Veleno as they are projected to potentially crack their rosters full time for next year

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Radko Gudas has been traded.

Returning is Andrew Mcdonald, Sens 3rd 2020, and 1.65mill.

As always willing to discuss trading assets. Rebuilding so prospects/young NHLers/Picks are preferred

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
I don’t think I can finish behind you, so I’ll have to hope for another lottery win...

Haha ya as soon as i won 3 goalies, and was unsure if youd up the offer on Talbot making it 4. I just didnt up my offers on anyone. Because i knew id hit the cap floor. So now my forward core didnt see any upgrades. Likely change as the season goes on an teams may need a goalie. But till then, my forward core is awful. Which is fine im battling for high pick anyways

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
With Jaskin returning to europe(oh well waiver wire pick up. The Wings are looking to add some depth forwards. Can take on salary, keep in mind im not out to compete so wont pay a high price for vet forwards. Would consider for young players who will be apart of long term

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->