HFNHL Playoff history set

Discussion in 'HFNHL Talk' started by RedWingsLegacy, Apr 26, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. RedWingsLegacy

RedWingsLegacy Registered User

Today it was made official the battle of the Niece family is going down. The Detroit Red Wings and the Dallas Stars will battle in the Western Conferance quarter final. "this is a battle for pride and a battle of the household". With more than just a series on the line you can bet that this will be a hard fought series.

2. Canuck09

Canuck09 Registered User

I'm pretty disappointed that my back to back losses to end the season helped set this up. I was hoping for that 6 spot myself.

3. Ohio Jones

Ohio Jones Game on...

Nice to see that my trend of losing to bad team's continues - I might be the only te - and almost certainly the only playoff team - to rack up losses to Toronto, Tampa and (pre-surge) Philly. :shakehead

The loss means I face Nick's Blues after all. But there's not much to choose between the Blues and the Avs, my consolation prize... But the loss has me having to once again question my lines, in this case the efficacy of autolines. Bah, I hate you sim.

(P.S. - also nice to know the sim considers the playoff berth unresolved, despite everyone having played 82 games.)

4. Ohio Jones

Ohio Jones Game on...

Given that Drew's rebuilding team had no business in the playoffs, the only pride at risk should be yours... But I know your dad well enough to suspect he will delight in spoiling your playoff run, just because he can. ;)

5. The old geezer

The old geezer Registered User

Well, as you know it's not the first time my rebuilding teams have made the playoffs. When I first joined I went through a two year rebuilding that saw me trade away many star veterans like Fedorov, Yzerman, Shanahan, etc. etc. and I made the playoffs both times. Back then I was the sim manager and many raised a Spockien eyebrow as to whether I was manipulating results.
    Now, some 8-9 years later, I'm in the 2nd year of another rebuild and made the playoffs both years. I'm the first to admit I didn't expect to be here this time around but I'm glad the team did make it if for no reason other than a sense of vindication.

On the downside, going into this year, I was counting on a top 10 pick to help the rebuild frankly not the 20 something pick I usually have. Yet again you'll be picking earlier than me Douglas :P

Now as for you young Mr Niece ... you will see I didn't teach you everything about line setting when the play-offs get going ;)

6. Ohio Jones

Ohio Jones Game on...

Joke's on you - my first pick this year is in the fifth round. :help:

And I'm not sure I'd call your last restricting a rebuild, since IIRC you weren't exactly dumping your stars for picks and prospects. You've had to fine tune the team before, but nothing like this. Which makes your continued lineup voodoo all the more galling! :-p