HFNHL Off Season Sim God Thread

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Please note that there is a new client . Version 2.1.8. I know that some are having problems with their lines, or ticket prices etc. This should help.

I'm also rebuilding the HFNHL front page and website. The Front Page is active again and should have all the correct links to the rosters and lines files etc. Click on the Kings Champs Logo to get the Sim Index Page.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Please note that there is a new client . Version 2.1.8. I know that some are having problems with their lines, or ticket prices etc. This should help.

I'm also rebuilding the HFNHL front page and website. The Front Page is active again and should have all the correct links to the rosters and lines files etc. Click on the Kings Champs Logo to get the Sim Index Page.

Thanks Matt!

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
There will be no Sim on Saturday. Heading to wine country for the weekend. No Internet. No computer. If you wanna see where I'll be watch the movie "Sideways" - beautiful country.... If your SimGod isn't too hungover then all will resume late Sunday

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North

So, two separate visits to the Mac Support store, three complete O/S upgrades later (all the way from 10.5.8 to 10.8.2), and the latest updates to XQuartz and the STHL client. Now the Client runs, but I still can't load the damned league files into it.

Shoot me now. :help:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
So, two separate visits to the Mac Support store, three complete O/S upgrades later (all the way from 10.5.8 to 10.8.2), and the latest updates to XQuartz and the STHL client. Now the Client runs, but I still can't load the damned league files into it.

When you figure out the solution, let me know. I'm having the same problem, and won't have access to another Windows laptop forever.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto

Update x11?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Update x11?

X11 apparently isn't supported for Mountain Lion (at least, not yet), so it seems I've updated *past* where I needed to in order to be able to get things to work. :$ I can run XQuartz, which I have updated, and the client opens just fine. It just doesn't want to load the lines file.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I hadn't - had hoped to avoid Parallels, altogether - but will look into it.

EDIT: After shelling out for various upgrades, I'd rather not have to drop more $$ on a current version of Parallels right now, so I've bitten the bullet and put the client on my work comp, for now. So lines and finances are finally up to date, at least for the time being. We'll see how diligent our IT guys are.

Last edited:

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Doug, try VirtualBox - it's free and run linux on it... the client works fine for me on linux. if needed i can help you troubleshoot it

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Doug, try VirtualBox - it's free and run linux on it... the client works fine for me on linux. if needed i can help you troubleshoot it

Yes. Both Linux and VirtualBox are free. I found VirtualBox plus Windows XP to be too slow to Sim, but I bet it will work great with Micro XP (which is just what it says, a micro version of windowsxp thats been stripped of almost all of its functions (so I can't guarantee that it will run the sim client) - but I bet its worth a try.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Sorry for the delay in Simming - I've found a backup of hfnhl.com and am uploading it to hfnhl.org. It's over 27,000 files (all the boxscores and old webpages from 2005 to 2009) and can't upload until its done.... gimme about 4 hours

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but is someone (not Matthew) calculating the cap numbers based on the roster and financial snapshots for the three checkpoints? Asking because I know my club was over (had a money-moving traded all apart at the deadline), and I don't think I'm alone. It'll impact some drafts, so it'll need to be done soon...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad