HFNHL Mock Draft

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm surprised no one has done one. Here is my annual contribution for the year with no comments, although i might add them later.

1 NAS - Erik Johnson
2 COL - Niklas Backstrom
3 TOR - Jordan Staal
4 DAL - Phil Kessel
5 PHX - Jonathan Toews
6 LAK - Derrick Brassard
7 PIT - Peter Meuller
8 ATL - Bryan Little
9 NYR - Kyle Okposo
10 OTT (VAN) - Michal Frolik
11 CAR - James Sheppard
12 FLA - Bobby Sanguenetti
13 MTL - Nigel Williams
14 CGY - Jiri Tlusty
15 NYI (TAM) - Ty Wishart
16 CHI - Ivan Vishnevski
17 ANA - Brian Strait
18 STL - Jonathan Bernier
19 OTT(NYI) - Chris Stewart
20 CGY(OTT) - Mark Mitera
21 COL(PHI) - Riku Helenius
22 MIN - Ben Shutron
23 DET - Ondrej Fiala
24 OTT(WAS*) - Jesse Joensuu
25 EDM* - Patrick Berglund
26 CGY(NJD*) - David Fischer
27 SJS* - Cal Clutterbuck
28 CBJ* - Mike Forney
29 STL(BOS*) - Yuri Alexandrov
30 CAR(BUF**) - Jonas Ahnelov

bugga, that was hard.... Why can't this draft be like 03. It was a lot easier back then. :)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Donga said:
Why can't this draft be like 03. It was a lot easier back then. :)

That was easily my favourite draft - I almost can't wait for 2008 so I can do my 5-year review!

Nice mock, Dion - I'm reminded (by extensive discussion on the prospects board) that there's no such thing as a bad mock - there's every chance that these picks will turn out to be better than the picks the teams actually make.

The only thing I know for sure is that actual HFNHL draft results will look very different from this list - not due to a problem with this list, just the reality of having 30 perspectives around the table.

Nice work, Dion!

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Jonas Ahnelov in the first round? Thats a hugh surprise. I doubt that someone will pick in the 1st. I am not even sure I would pick him with my first pick in round 3. I wonder who I will pick since MODO doesnt have any big time prospects this year.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Fan.At said:
like the next cup you win is mine? :)

Heh - I've got to win one before I can give you the next one... and I think I just missed my chance, barring a miracle next year.

But Colliton, a first and a second would be doable... :dunno:

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Ohio Jones said:
Heh - I've got to win one before I can give you the next one... and I think I just missed my chance, barring a miracle next year.

But Colliton, a first and a second would be doable... :dunno:
is this the new, open-minded douglas? :)
let's do that private *secretly gives him a chance to 'fine-tune' his offer* :teach:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
HFNHL Flames said:
Mark Mitwho?

Just Kidding.. interesting reading.. nice work!

He is Dustin Rose's cousin's-mother's-sister's-grandmother's-uncle's daugthers boyfriend who just happens to be a very good hockey player.. :biglaugh:

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Donga said:
He is Dustin Rose's cousin's-mother's-sister's-grandmother's-uncle's daugthers boyfriend who just happens to be a very good hockey player.. :biglaugh:
he also happens to be the oldest player in this draft :biglaugh:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
i'll do another one tomorrow, with some comments. I actually just broke my hand (for the second time this year) and I've got a few days off work, so I'll be bored and spend some time on it.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Brock said:
i'll do another one tomorrow, with some comments. I actually just broke my hand (for the second time this year) and I've got a few days off work, so I'll be bored and spend some time on it.

Should we ask how you broke it? (First rule of fight club: we don't talk about fight club...)

Seriously, that sucks Brock - sorry to hear it. Hopefully the recovery goes better this time around, so you don't need to worry about this becoming a habit.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Ohio Jones said:
Should we ask how you broke it? (First rule of fight club: we don't talk about fight club...)

Seriously, that sucks Brock - sorry to hear it. Hopefully the recovery goes better this time around, so you don't need to worry about this becoming a habit.

First time (In January), it was from punching a brick wall. Obviously not the most intelligent thing to do...lol...Ended up getting a "boxers fracture" of the 4th and 5th metacarpals. The 5th metacarpal didn't quite heal properly as I ended up with a floating knuckle.

This time, at my summer job in the Canadian Tire warehouse, I was getting a gate for a customer when these cast iron bistro sets fell on me and my first reflex was to prevent them from falling on me, so I ended up essentially "punching" or hitting the box to keep it from hitting me. Kind of like a reactionary anger...lol... Either way this time I did some serious damage and the orthopedic surgeon I saw today said that it happened because it didn't heal properly the first time. This time, unfortunately, I nearly snapped the 5th metacarpal in half and today they had to "pop it" back in. Basically they gave me freezing, some big guy held my arm and pulled one way, while the surgeon grabbed my finger and pulled and twisted the other way it until it popped back in. Not the most pleasant thing in the world. Now i'm casted for 6 weeks and baseball season is done...lol

I was actually going to be able to originally only make about the first round of the draft on Saturday because I had a tournament this weekend and a game at 12, which I would have had to leave around 1115 for. But now, that's obviously not an issue so I'll be there for the whole thing.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Brock said:
I was actually going to be able to originally only make about the first round of the draft on Saturday because I had a tournament this weekend and a game at 12, which I would have had to leave around 1115 for. But now, that's obviously not an issue so I'll be there for the whole thing.

Clearly it was destiny. Must be somethign important for you to accomplish at the draft... (cribs Brock's draft notes...)

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Brock said:
First time (In January), it was from punching a brick wall. Obviously not the most intelligent thing to do...lol...Ended up getting a "boxers fracture" of the 4th and 5th metacarpals. The 5th metacarpal didn't quite heal properly as I ended up with a floating knuckle.

This time, at my summer job in the Canadian Tire warehouse, I was getting a gate for a customer when these cast iron bistro sets fell on me and my first reflex was to prevent them from falling on me, so I ended up essentially "punching" or hitting the box to keep it from hitting me. Kind of like a reactionary anger...lol... Either way this time I did some serious damage and the orthopedic surgeon I saw today said that it happened because it didn't heal properly the first time. This time, unfortunately, I nearly snapped the 5th metacarpal in half and today they had to "pop it" back in. Basically they gave me freezing, some big guy held my arm and pulled one way, while the surgeon grabbed my finger and pulled and twisted the other way it until it popped back in. Not the most pleasant thing in the world. Now i'm casted for 6 weeks and baseball season is done...lol

well, brock typing with one hand will not exactly speed up the draft :madfire:

seriously, hope you'll be fine soon brock!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->