HFNHL LTIR

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
A few questions have come up since the start of preseason so I thought I'd put a post up with details on this for everyone.

All injured players who drop below 80 condition will automatically be placed are eligible to be placed on LTIR and you will receive cap relief in the amount of their salary. The players will be removed from LTIR when they're back above 95, at which point, their salary will be back on your cap and roster moves may be required.

Shorter term injuries do not qualify for cap relief and you will be required to make roster moves to call up replacements, making room for them however you need to. If this is left to SimGod to manage players will be put on waivers and/or called up until a valid roster is reached. In situations where a valid roster is not possible penalties will start at fines and escalate at the Commissioner's discretion.

Those teams at the cap floor can request a player be removed from LTIR if the salary is needed to stay above.

To make a request for LTIR email SimGod the player name and current condition to verify he is below 80.

Note...I don't want to be left in this position, nor do I want to feel the guilt that goes along with waiving someone you don't want to waive. It's not even a little fun trying to guess what roster combination is needed for someone else's team, but this will be the route I have to take. As a reminder, regular lines submissions and dealing with injuries are requirements of being a GM in the HFNHL.

Last edited:

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
For any player on the Wings atleast till i say so later just waive the salary coming off the books thanks!

This is still something that needs to be monitored and requested as it comes up please. I'll try to keep it in mind but I have enough on my plate with the sim and my own team to be responsible for other teams.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Is this a new rule/regulation in the HFNHL? I had a player who was day-to-day and was quite surprised when I wasn't able to call up an injury replacement without going over the cap. I don't remember that happening in years past.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
how often can we adjust our lines for injuries? I had to put 10 games worth of lines in from the start, can I readjust the ones already set or do I have to wait until games 11-20 for me to adjust? thanks

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Is this a new rule/regulation in the HFNHL? I had a player who was day-to-day and was quite surprised when I wasn't able to call up an injury replacement without going over the cap. I don't remember that happening in years past.

Not new, but the condition level has fluctuated over the last 2 or 3 seasons. Initially it was really high at 60 or 70, then it was toned way down to 90 or something because I was tired of dealing with constant cap issues on my end when simming and now we settle in the middle more in line with NHL LTIR rules.

how often can we adjust our lines for injuries? I had to put 10 games worth of lines in from the start, can I readjust the ones already set or do I have to wait until games 11-20 for me to adjust? thanks

You can submit new lines for every game if you want to. The Copy All tool is just smart to use to make sure there are no strange holes in your lineup in future games. That said, there are left & right arrows in the top left corner of the lines tool where you can cycle to future games and make changes in advance. I'll typically set my base lines, then scroll through and swap goalies in back-to-back game situations then circle back to update every 4 or 5 games.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Not new, but the condition level has fluctuated over the last 2 or 3 seasons. Initially it was really high at 60 or 70, then it was toned way down to 90 or something because I was tired of dealing with constant cap issues on my end when simming and now we settle in the middle more in line with NHL LTIR rules

When was the change announced? I must have missed it.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
It would seem something in LTIR is no longer functioning as it once did. After some attempts to fix the issue and contact with the developer I've updated the OP above to reflect how LTIR is going to work going forward. I've been forced to turn off the auto LTIR function and it will go back to a by request thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad