HFNHL Lightning Offseason Thread - Post Cup Edition

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Coming off a post-Cup victory bender that would make Alex Ovechkin blush, GM Jeff Kirk stumbled back into his office Tuesday, trying to muster up the focus to get back to work.

"Winning the Cup was a dream come true. It's why we play this game," Kirk told reporters as he struggled to stay upright in his chair. "We would love to keep this team together and defend our championship, but in today's cap environment, that's far easier said than done. We're going to have to make some tough decisions on how to move forward, giving ourselves the best chance for sustained success."

Upcoming Free Agents
Ten players on last years roster (plus a variety of depth players) are up for new contracts. Core pieces like Andrei Vasilevskiy, Ivan Provorov, and Patrik Laine will all be offered lucrative extensions.

Trade deadline acquisition Christian Dvorak will be signed to play a middle 6 role but things are a little less clear for Tyler Toffoli who fills a similar role. Young defender Ryan Graves will be extended and make the move up to the big show.

Eric Staal will not be extended as he attempts to cash in one last time on the FA market.

Trade Block
First and foremost on the block is veteran Jamie Benn (89 CK, 79 SC) who will be moved due to cap reasons. I will take the best pick or prospect based offer come the draft. While he's not what he once was he won't cost much to acquire so don't shy away from an offer to see if he can bounce back next season. I will buy him out worst case so I'm not interested in deals looking for me to pay to trade him.

Next up is Jakub Voracek (88 SK, 84 PH, 92 PA) who would be a fantastic setup man. Open to a straight pick/prospect deal or something involving a middle 6 player making less. Won't come as cheap as Benn of course.

Nick Leddy didn't rate as well as I'd like but is available for a cheaper/younger bottom pair D.

Mark Pysyk brings the rare F/D position eligibility so would make a good bottom 6 winger or PK forward. If he gets a full NHL season at wing he could even chip in with some decent offensive numbers after his mini outburst to finish last season.

You can reach me through any of the leagues official platforms (email, WhatsApp, Slack).

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewFlames

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Jakub Voracek and Mark Pysyk (pending approval) have also been traded. With those moves done the big cap purge should be finished.

I remain in the market for a cheap 3rd pair D ($1.5m or less) and now also a 3rd line C ($2.5m or less). If you have anyone you're shopping let me know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad