HFNHL Lightning 2019-20 Updates

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
The 2018-19 season came with extremely high expectations for the Lightning as we featured a deep roster balancing youth and experience. After a lackluster regular season resulted in a wildcard berth the team managed to get by #1 seed Boston Bruins before losing to the rival Ottawa Senators in the second round.

With key players remaining on their ELC for one more season the window to win is now and the team has the cap space to largely return the same roster in 2019-20. With that said, it's expected there will be a few changes to attempt to reshape the roster a little, for next season and beyond when the cap becomes a bit more of a problem to manage.

Contract Talk
Recent contract extensions for Andrei Vasilevskiy, Justin Braun, Eric Staal and Par Lindholm were just made official last night. While still undecided on what to do with pending UFA Jordan Eberle, it's looking like a contract extension might be handed out.

Projected Lines
Based on the current roster the team should look pretty similar heading into next season:

LW - C - RW
Huberdeau - Matthews - Voracek
Laine - Hayes - Benn
Toffoli - Staal - Eberle/UFA
Nordstrom - Glendening - Jarnkrok

LD - RD
Jones - Provorov
Braun - Larsson
Pysyk - Pateryn

G
Vasilevskiy
Starrett/UFA

Prospect Signings
There's a slew of prospects that will be signed in the coming weeks as we get compliant with new rules leaving the prospect list pretty barren.

Brandon Gignac, Colton White, Conner Bleackley, Dmitri Osipov, Dylan Wells, Emil Johansson, Evan Fizpatrick, Gabriel Gagne, Henrik Samuelsson, Juho Lammikko, Maxim Letunov, Merrick Madsen, Morgan Klimchuk, Peter Cehlarik, Ryan Graves, Taylor Raddysh, Tyler Benson, Victor Mete

Trade Block/Trade Targets
We're looking to use some new analytics as it relates to roster building and would like to make a few changes to the above roster. While anyone can be discussed the following are the most available roster players:

Jamie Benn
Tyler Toffoli
Jordan Eberle (UFA rights for cheap or down the road extended)
Adam Larsson
Justin Braun
Mark Pysyk
Greg Pateryn

On top of the above roster players the following prospects can be had for various draft pick values:

Colton White
Conner Bleackley
Dmitri Osipov
Emil Johansson
Gabriel Gagne
Henrik Samuelsson
Morgan Klimchuk
Pius Suter
Ryan Graves

With a variety of picks in this draft I'm also open to moving around a bunch as usual. I'm interested in moving up from pick 19 to one in the 9-12 range if you're open to dropping. Also open to moving a couple picks for 2020 picks.

TAM 1, TAM 2, BOS 2, WPJ 3, FLA 4, PHI 4, PHI 5, LAS 5, TAM 5

We're targeting more of a pass first winger for the top 6 and a 2nd pair D more capable of moving the puck than the existing defensive minded players. Preference given to cost controlled players that fit my criteria but doesn't need to be the usual 20-24 year old youngster on the way up.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Trade Block
From now until the draft I'm open to discussing Patrik Laine to see what's out there. I know he had a down season but he's still a premier goal scorer with 1 year left on his ELC so I'm not looking to force a trade by any means. Open to any interesting offers.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->