HFNHL Hurricanes 13/14 preseason top 20 prospects

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
This system has improved dramatically from a year ago. Trading for the 4th pick overall in the draft to select Aleksander Barkov provides a huge boost to the system. Barkov gives us a true franchise type center to build around. I personally compare him to a Mats Sundin or Anze Kopitar. At the moment he may be the only true top line forward in the group, but players such as Fast, Morin and Jurco all have the upside to be really solid top 6 players. Defense has more good depth but no top pairing guys. Pysyk, Finn, Nemeth, Acolatse, Reilly and Wey all bring things to the table and project as 3-6 dman. Wey was named best defensive defenceman in hockey east last year. Jack Campbell my first ever HFNHL draft pick is our top goaltending prospect. He really struggled in junior after being drafted, but seems to have turned a corner since turning pro last year. This year will be a big year for Campbell in the AHL. Goalies always take longer to develop and we have the patience and faith in Campbell to eventually be our starter.

RANK LAST TOP 20 Acquired
1 NR Aleksander Barkov Drafted 2013 4th overall
2 1 Jack Campbell Drafted 2010 9th overall
3 3 Mark Pysyk Drafted 2010 17th overall
4 5 Jesper Fast Trade with Philadelphia
5 NR Jeremy Morin Trade with New Jersey
6 6 Matt Finn Trade with Anaheim
7 4 Tomas Jurco Trade with Vancouver
8 7 Freddie Hamilton Trade with New Jersey
9 8 Patrick Nemeth Trade with Philadelphia
10 15 Sena Acolatse FA Signing
11 10 Mike Reilly Drafted 2011 89th overall
12 2 Devante Smith-Pelly Trade with Nashville
13 NR Erik Karlsson Drafted 2012 102nd overall
14 9 Kenny Agostino Drafted 2010 171st overall
15 11 Miikka Salomaki Trade with Anaheim
16 NR Brian Flynn FA Signing
17 20 Marcel Noebels Drafted 2011 97th overall
18 NR Nick Sorensen Drafted 2013 72nd overall
19 13 Patrick Wey Trade with Florida
20 NR Hudson Fasching Drafted 2013 60th overall

Honorable Mentions: Curtis Hamilton, David Broll, Chase Balisy, JC Lipon, Robbie Russo, Mike Paliotta, Linus Arnesson, Olivier Roy, Edward Pasquale, and Eamon McAdam. All of the following players are ranked inside NHL teams top 20's by HF.

Looking ahead we 3 first round picks in the upcoming draft so at this time next year I expect to see another big jump forward in terms of overall talent and depth. At this point it looks like only Pysyk and Flynn won't be on this list next year as they will likely have to much NHL/HFNHL experience to be considered.

What are your thoughts on my system? Any changes to the rankings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad