HFNHL FREE AGENCY: Results Round 1

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I still completely disagree with all that, but like I said, I'm fine with you pulling the offer because of the special circumstances.

I guess I didn't realize that "ALL BIDS ARE FINAL" meant that all bids are not final. ;)

I am still confused with what you are disagreeing with...are you disagreeing that one cannot retract the offer for 2nd round bidding.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I am still confused with what you are disagreeing with...are you disagreeing that one cannot retract the offer for 2nd round bidding.

Yes. Even if there is a 2nd round of bidding, other GMs most likely made offers that were rejected because the 2 (or more) teams made better offers. Those GMs should not now be allowed to rescind the offer.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Yes. Even if there is a 2nd round of bidding, other GMs most likely made offers that were rejected because the 2 (or more) teams made better offers. Those GMs should not now be allowed to rescind the offer.

This is correct. The GM doesn't have to increase their offer (unless they choose to), but they cannot rescind their offer between the first and second round of bidding.

Obviously, your situation is different this time out Hasnain, given that the decision to pull the offer was made, submitted and approved prior to the deadline for the first round.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
This is correct. The GM doesn't have to increase their offer (unless they choose to), but they cannot rescind their offer between the first and second round of bidding.

Obviously, your situation is different this time out Hasnain, given that the decision to pull the offer was made, submitted and approved prior to the deadline for the first round.

Yes, this was exactly my point.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto

So assuming that I am bidding for two players and would really like to have one of them so I cannot inrease an offer on one and retract the offer on the other one...given both are for 2nd round of bidding. I know I have done that in the past and got couple of emails from other GM pulling their offer off the table for one player and increasing their offer on the other one.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
So assuming that I am bidding for two players and would really like to have one of them so I cannot inrease an offer on one and retract the offer on the other one...given both are for 2nd round of bidding. I know I have done that in the past and got couple of emails from other GM pulling their offer off the table for one player and increasing their offer on the other one.

If the offers are prioritized in the initial submission so that one precludes the other, then it' snot a matter of rescinding their offer, it's a matter of the conditions of their offer no longer being met.

If the players aren't prioritized, then technically the GM must follow through with their offers for both.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Basically, I'm onboard with everything Doug has said in his last 2-3 posts. I was not aware at the outset that you had sought Reggie's approval prior to your bid retraction. This, in my mind, is sufficient to settle the matter of NYI's Stastny bid - it's null and void.

If memory serves, in years past, we've always had a bit of a trade freeze while teams prepared their bids for free agency. Seems pretty clear to me that we should resume this tradition in the future.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Here's an update on the RFA sheets/leading bids:
Seabrook, Wideman, Pominville and Armstrong will not sign at that money, as they are well under their NHL salaries. There could be more..

ps. I have sent in my 2nd round offers, so whenever you've decided on your 2nd round bids, send them in so we can get the results out asap.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Seabrook, Wideman, Pominville and Armstrong will not sign at that money, as they are well under their NHL salaries. There could be more..

In the OP it still looks like a couple of these guys have accepted their offer sheets, perhaps they should be removed from the list so everyone knows where they stand.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007

Hmmm ... well given my dmen signings have fled to Europe I suddenly have some cap room open for at least one of those guys when the 2nd 'phase' of bidding opens :naughty:

Sorry if i'm out of the loop. Been flat out here on the other side of the world...moving, work, road trips for Basketball finals etc. Just asking about Eric Brewer. I never put an offer in because on one FA list he was there and then on an updated one he wasn't. just wondering what happened? Given he would have been my #1 priority I was really interested to see what happened. Can someone update me on the situation? Thanks

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Sorry if i'm out of the loop. Been flat out here on the other side of the world...moving, work, road trips for Basketball finals etc. Just asking about Eric Brewer. I never put an offer in because on one FA list he was there and then on an updated one he wasn't. just wondering what happened? Given he would have been my #1 priority I was really interested to see what happened. Can someone update me on the situation? Thanks

I don't know why he was on one list and not on another one, but as far as I know he was UFA and ATL had the highest offer on him. As you didn't make an offer in round one, there's not much to do about it.
You are still in the running for Hannan, Staios, Foote, Finger and Clark.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Eric Brewer was signed by Dallas prior to Free Agency for $4.25M 3 year deal so he is no longer UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad